libreoffice help[solved]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jserink
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: libreoffice help[solved] Reply with quote

Hi All:

When I click on help in libre office a dialog box pops up and says its not installed on my computer.
Ok, which USE flag causes libreoffice help to be installed?
These are mine:
Code:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R    ] app-office/libreoffice-5.4.2.2::gentoo  USE="bluetooth branding cups dbus eds gnome googledrive gtk gtk3 java pdfimport -coinmp -collada -debug -firebird -gltf -gstreamer -jemalloc -kde -libressl -mysql -odk -postgres -quickstarter {-test} -vlc" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="nlpsolver -scripting-beanshell -scripting-javascript -wiki-publisher" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_4 -python2_7 -python3_5 -python3_6" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4 -python3_5 -python3_6" 0 KiB

where is my mistake?

Cheers,
John

Last edited by jserink on Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Roman_Gruber
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/documentation/
jserink
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, ok.
But I was looking for the in line help.
At one time you needed to enable java in the use flags to get help, but my java is enabled and no help.

Pdf off line help is all there is now?

Cheers,
John
charles17
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: libreoffice help Reply with quote

jserink wrote:
where is my mistake?
Did you try USE=offlinehelp emerge -1avt libreoffice-l10n?
jserink
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: libreoffice help Reply with quote

charles17 wrote:
jserink wrote:
where is my mistake?
Did you try USE=offlinehelp emerge -1avt libreoffice-l10n?

So that's where it went.
Ok, good tip.

Doing it now.

Thank you so much.

Cheers,
John
charles17
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: libreoffice help Reply with quote

jserink wrote:
So that's where it went.
Ok, good tip.

Doing it now.

You would need at least one L10N defined. With L10N="" you would not get any help files installed.
Hu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: libreoffice help Reply with quote

charles17 wrote:
You would need at least one L10N defined. With L10N="" you would not get any help files installed.
That sounds like a great use for REQUIRED_USE, to enforce that the user must set at least one supported L10N before installing the package.
charles17
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: libreoffice help Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
... supported L10N before installing the package.

Did you mean when enabling offlinehelp for that package?
Why should I want any L10N for libreoffice when I don't want offlinehelp?
Hu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if USE=-offlinehelp will install useful files even when L10N is blank. From your prior post, I thought the package would install 0 files if L10N was blank. That's not useful, so REQUIRED_USE should be used to protect against it. If there is a way for the package to be useful when L10N is blank, REQUIRED_USE ought to recognize that case and not force a non-blank L10N.
charles17
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
Yes, if USE=-offlinehelp will install useful files even when L10N is blank. From your prior post, I thought the package would install 0 files if L10N was blank.

That's the case. And is ok.
But with offlinehelp enabled, even when L10N is blank, it should install the same offlinehelp's language as libreoffice's language.
Hu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charles17 wrote:
But with offlinehelp enabled, even when L10N is blank, it should install the same offlinehelp's language as libreoffice's language.
"should install" meaning you expect the ebuild as presently written will do that or "should install" meaning you believe that is how the ebuild author should make it work before considering it a finished product? In the former case, I misunderstood you a few posts ago when:
charles17 wrote:
I interpreted that to mean that running:
Code:
# USE=offlinehelp L10N="" emerge --oneshot libreoffice-l10n
would succeed and would lead to:
Code:
# equery files libreoffice-l10n | wc -l
Under that assumption, I posted my comment that REQUIRED_USE ought to be used to prevent that emerge from running because it would be useless to install zero files. A quick test with USE=offlinehelp L10N='' emerge -pv --nodeps libreoffice-l10n says download size is 0KiB (with no libreoffice files already in $DISTDIR), so it looks like that option would install nothing (or at least, download nothing, and satisfy all its installs out of $FILESDIR).

If my understanding was wrong and either that emerge already fails, or running it with those options does not produce an installed package of zero files, I withdraw my suggestion that REQUIRED_USE is appropriate here.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: