Problems with colord as regular user
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kasav
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Problems with colord as regular user Reply with quote

As i use my Gentoobox for editing my RAW-Files i wanted to get my displays calibrated, so i installed colord.
At first it worked, but for some time now i am unable to see my screens in "colormgs get-devices" output while my scanner gets listed.
I logged in as root and there the screens show up and i can assign icc-profiles to them.
As a side effect displaycal cannot install the generated icc-profiles which is annoying and when using darktable or digikam i have no possibility to verify if the correct profiles get applied.
Googling i found a few sources suggesting it might be a problem with polkit, but none of the proposed solutions works for me.

Maybe someone has an idea.

Thanks
Paul
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to try xiccd, it lets you use colord without having to deal with *kit at all.
kasav
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the hint, xiccd does indeed work. I forgot to mention that I am using KDE and apparently the problem is the colord-kde service, i hadn't thought about using xiccd as the manual says that it should not be used together with KDE or GNOME.
So my solution while colord-kde is not working is leaving colord-kde installed but disabling the "color service" in the background services menu and adding ./config/autostart/xiccd.desktop to automatically start xiccd at login - like this the displays get enumerated in systemsettings, i am able to set the preferred icc-profile there and displaycal is suddenly able to install generated profiles without errors.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: