View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tefrem34
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: [Solved]KDE/Plasma5 Broken Reply with quote

Hello,

I have been having issues with the last update to Plasma, which I assume, are problems with dev-qt/*-5.9.2 applications breaking it. I have tried to revert back to the previous version but keep getting conflicts.
As for what plasma is doing, I have no icons that are in the tool bar, can not access the tool bar, can not right click to get a menu on the desktop, can not type and get search results in krunner, can not type in menu and get search results (shows no applications), and can not access desktop configuration in the system settings; it always crashes when I click on any of the options to configure any of the desktop settings.
I am using the the current version of plasma 5.10.* cause as of yet 5.11 isn't available.

Another issue I have is with dev-qt/qtwebkit-5.9.1 failing to build.

(edit) I have a note on the desktop for my command cheat sheet and if I try to copy a command from it by right clicking it crashes plasma. This is the error I get from it when running plasmashell in the terminal:
Code:
plasmashell: relocation error: /usr/lib64/qt5/qml/QtQuick/Controls/libqtquickcontrolsplugin.so: symbol _ZN22QWindowSystemInterface21handleWindowActivatedEP7QWindowN2Qt11FocusReasonE, version Qt_5 not defined in file libQt5Gui.so.5 with link time referenc

I have no idea what else I can post in regards this issue. So if someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you. :)

Last edited by Tefrem34 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously Qtwebkit should not fail to build so maybe you have an unfinished Qt upgrade? What's the error message? Do you still have Ruby 21 installed?
Tefrem34
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
[ebuild  N    ~] dev-qt/qtwebkit-5.9.1:5/5.9::gentoo
dev-qt/qtquickcontrols-5.9.2:5/5.9::gentoo [5.7.1:5/5.7::gentoo] USE="widgets -debug {-test}" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U ~] dev-qt/qtgraphicaleffects-5.9.2:5/5.9::gentoo [5.7.1:5/5.7::gentoo] USE="-debug {-test}" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U ~] dev-qt/qtbluetooth-5.9.2:5/5.9::gentoo [5.7.1:5/5.7::gentoo] USE="qml -debug {-test}" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N    ~] dev-qt/qtwayland-5.9.2:5/5.9::gentoo  USE="libinput xcomposite -debug {-test}" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U ~] dev-qt/qtwebchannel-5.9.2:5/5.9::gentoo [5.7.1:5/5.7::gentoo] USE="qml -debug {-test}" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] kde-frameworks/kwayland-5.37.0:5/5.37::gentoo  USE="-debug -doc {-test}" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U ~] dev-qt/qtquickcontrols2-5.9.2:5/5.9::gentoo [5.7.1:5/5.7::gentoo] USE="widgets%* -debug {-test}" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] kde-plasma/kwayland-integration-5.10.5:5::gentoo  USE="-debug" 0 KiB
[ebuild  N     ] dev-qt/qtwebkit-4.8.7:4::gentoo  USE="exceptions icu jit (-aqua) -debug -pch" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[ebuild  rR   ~] kde-frameworks/kdeclarative-5.38.0:5/5.38::gentoo  USE="-debug -doc" 0 KiB
[ebuild  rR    ] kde-plasma/plasma-integration-5.10.5:5::gentoo  USE="-debug {-test}" 0 KiB
[ebuild     U ~] dev-qt/qtmultimedia-5.9.2:5/5.9::gentoo [5.7.1:5/5.7::gentoo] USE="alsa gstreamer pulseaudio qml widgets -debug (-gles2) -openal {-test}" 0 KiB
[ebuild  r  U ~] dev-qt/qtwebengine-5.9.2:5/5.9::gentoo

This is all there is when I try to update @world.
The error message is from the crash from opening desktop behavior in system settings.
I have ruby 2.1.9 installed
Tefrem34
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to upgrade ruby now.
Tefrem34
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used eselect to chose ruby 24, and qtwebkit is now finally building.
Tefrem34
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay upgrading ruby seemed to fix all my plasma issues. I was finally able to update my systems versions with dev-qt/.
I know have my krunner working again, and system settings no longer crashes plasma.!! :)

Thank you much for the help.

(edit) However I still can not get a menu when I right click on the desktop to access my desktop settings or plasma settings.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: