Some problems with emerging qtcore
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stormblade
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Some problems with emerging qtcore Reply with quote

I'm installing gentoo from systemresccd environment, everything was going fine until the emerge got stuck on the dev-qt/qtcore-4.8.7-r2::gentoo package. As you can see in the screen (here: https://imgur.com/FKE67i6), it's not going any further but it's telling me to check the logs with a command in another terminal. However, no logs out there, what might be the problem? If important, I'm emerging the system "default" profile with systemd and gnome
charles17
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are getting that message from the chrooted system, right? Then logs should be in /mnt/gentoo/var/log/
stormblade
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charles17 wrote:
You are getting that message from the chrooted system, right? Then logs should be in /mnt/gentoo/var/log/

All emerge process was aborted now, can't understand why
https://imgur.com/a/P6GCT (the first screen is at the bottom of the page)
And yes, it was a chrooted system
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why people are trying to emerge a DE from chroot is mind boggling. I understand if you need some tools, like a favorite text editor, but DE? Install base system, reboot into your Gentoo, set up your make.conf, make sure your @system is up to date and then start installing software.

If you need to post logs please use wgetpaste.
stormblade
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaglover wrote:
Why people are trying to emerge a DE from chroot is mind boggling. I understand if you need some tools, like a favorite text editor, but DE? Install base system, reboot into your Gentoo, set up your make.conf, make sure your @system is up to date and then start installing software.
If you need to post logs please use wgetpaste.

I got your point, it was really not the best solution to try to set the profile with systemd+gnome just on the installation step as I could have done it later with less possibility to get lots of errors. So, now the best decision is to try and clear everything that was emerged with:
Code:
emerge --ask --update --deep --newuse @world

(btw, how? I need to clear all the packages and installed dependencies?)
then choose another profile (without DE and, probably, init system either) and emerge again, right?
Or I can somehow deal with my problem and resume the emerge process?
P.S. Thanks for the logs posting tool
charles17
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stormblade wrote:
... So, now the best decision is to try and clear everything that was emerged with:
Code:

then choose another profile (without DE and, probably, init system either) and emerge again, right?

See this picture http://www.system-rescue-cd.org/images/sysresccd-003-640x480.png having boot option 5). Or if you already have a bootable kernel reboot your system using that kernel.
Then re-adjust your profile and run
Code:
emerge -uDUavt --with-bdeps=y --complete-graph @world
stormblade
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charles17 wrote:
stormblade wrote:
... So, now the best decision is to try and clear everything that was emerged with:
Code:

See this picture http://www.system-rescue-cd.org/images/sysresccd-003-640x480.png having boot option 5). Or if you already have a bootable kernel reboot your system using that kernel.
Then re-adjust your profile and run
Code:

I haven't compiled the kernel yet, just following the instructions in the amd64 handbook, so boot option 5) is my choice, I guess
Do I need to resume my installation with copying DNS information, mounting /dev, /sys and /proc and then chroot, mount /boot, update the repos, choose the new profile and then
Code:

?
Or just reboot and try emerge again?
Btw, what does the -uDUavt option stand for? Haven't found it on emerge man page
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave emerge alone for now, build your kernel, reboot.

Re: -uDUavt, it is short for --update, --deep, ... you get the picture.

There is something the Handbook does not mention - use common sense. Build your Gentoo from ground up, not the other way around.

Once you have rebooted into your Gentoo, set up your CFLAGS, I'd run emerge -e @system to have a neat consistent system. And then start emerging software.
stormblade
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaglover wrote:
Leave emerge alone for now, build your kernel, reboot.

Re: -uDUavt, it is short for --update, --deep, ... you get the picture.

There is something the Handbook does not mention - use common sense. Build your Gentoo from ground up, not the other way around.

Once you have rebooted into your Gentoo, set up your CFLAGS, I'd run emerge -e @system to have a neat consistent system. And then start emerging software.

Ok, I got your point, will try that. So you suggest first building a kernel and then setting up things like locales, use flags, emerging software, etc? Just asking not to get you wrong
I mean, what is the point when I have the working environment needed for building the kernel?
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I suggest building a kernel. Don't tell anybody, but your Gentoo won't boot without one. And yes, then make sure your base system is finished before you start building on it. You may find your emerge errors are gone once you get that far. Keep in mind you can undo and redo anything you want. Switch init systems, profiles, whatnot. No reinstall needed.
stormblade
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaglover wrote:
Yes, I suggest building a kernel. Don't tell anybody, but your Gentoo won't boot without one. And yes, then make sure your base system is finished before you start building on it. You may find your emerge errors are gone once you get that far. Keep in mind you can undo and redo anything you want. Switch init systems, profiles, whatnot. No reinstall needed.

I guess first I need to deal with the problem I described in my first and second message (fetch errors), as I get the same error when trying to
Code:
emerge --ask sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, what's in your /etc/resolv.conf (in chroot)?
stormblade
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaglover wrote:
Indeed, what's in your /etc/resolv.conf (in chroot)?

Code:

#Generated by NetworkManager
search oops
nameserver 217.10.32.4
nameserver 217.10.36.5
nameserver 217.10.44.35

Seems like it's not quite the thing resolv.conf is supposed to contain (the first line)
Hu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your pictures are not easy to read, but the most common cause of fetch problems in early install is incorrect permissions on /etc/resolv.conf combined with FEATURES=userfetch. You did not post the output of emerge --info, so we cannot confirm the latter. To check the former, please show the output of ls -l /etc/resolv.conf as seen from a terminal where a Portage fetch fails.
stormblade
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
o check the former, please show the output of ls -l /etc/resolv.conf as seen from a terminal where a Portage fetch fails.

Code:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 112 Oct  4 18:29 /etc/resolv.conf
stormblade
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is also the output of my emerge --info
Code:
setlocale: unsupported locale setting
setlocale: unsupported locale setting
Portage 2.3.8 (python 3.4.5-final-0, default/linux/amd64/13.0/systemd, gcc-5.4.0, glibc-2.23-r4, 4.9.52-std511-amd64 x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-4.9.52-std511-amd64-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-_i5-7200U_CPU_@_2.50GHz-with-gentoo-2.3
KiB Mem:     8057504 total,   5003672 free
KiB Swap:          0 total,         0 free
Timestamp of repository gentoo: Sun, 08 Oct 2017 00:45:01 +0000
Head commit of repository gentoo: 366705970a7887e22b257e7ed185c62ff8e5e165
sh bash 4.3_p48-r1
ld GNU ld (Gentoo 2.28.1 p1.0) 2.28.1
app-shells/bash:          4.3_p48-r1::gentoo
dev-lang/perl:            5.24.1-r2::gentoo

dev-lang/python:          2.7.12::gentoo, 3.4.5::gentoo
dev-util/cmake:           3.7.2::gentoo
dev-util/pkgconfig:       0.28-r2::gentoo
sys-apps/baselayout:      2.4.1-r2::gentoo
sys-apps/openrc:          0.28::gentoo
sys-apps/sandbox:         2.10-r3::gentoo
sys-devel/autoconf:       2.69::gentoo
sys-devel/automake:       1.15-r2::gentoo
sys-devel/binutils:       2.28.1::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc:            5.4.0-r3::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc-config:     1.8-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/libtool:        2.4.6-r3::gentoo
sys-devel/make:           4.2.1::gentoo
sys-kernel/linux-headers: 4.4::gentoo (virtual/os-headers)
sys-libs/glibc:           2.23-r4::gentoo
Repositories:

gentoo
    sync-type: rsync
    sync-uri: rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage
    priority: -1000

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="* -@EULA"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FCFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-logs config-protect-if-modified distlocks ebuild-locks fixlafiles merge-sync multilib-strict news parallel-fetch preserve-libs protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch userpriv usersandbox usersync xattr"
FFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://mirror.yandex.ru/gentoo-distfiles/ http://mirror.yandex.ru/gentoo-distfiles/"
LANG="ru_RU.utf8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
MAKEOPTS="-j3 "
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --omit-dir-times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --human-readable --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --exclude=/.git"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
USE="X acl amd64 berkdb bindist bzip2 cli cracklib crypt cxx dbus dri fortran gdbm gnome gtk iconv ipv6 mmx modules multilib ncurses nls nptl openmp pam pcre readline seccomp session sse sse2 ssl systemd tcpd udev unicode wifi xattr zlib" ABI_X86="64" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" APACHE2_MODULES="authn_core authz_core socache_shmcb unixd actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CALLIGRA_FEATURES="kexi words flow plan sheets stage tables krita karbon braindump author" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" CPU_FLAGS_X86="mmx mmxext sse sse2" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock isync itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf skytraq superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ublox ubx" INPUT_DEVICES="libinput keyboard mouse" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="presenter-console presenter-minimizer" OFFICE_IMPLEMENTATION="libreoffice" PHP_TARGETS="php5-6" POSTGRES_TARGETS="postgres9_5" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_4" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby22" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="amdgpu fbdev intel nouveau radeon radeonsi vesa dummy v4l" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  CC, CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, CXX, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LC_ALL, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: