View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tld
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Mythtv=0.28.1-r1 Reply with quote

gcyoung wrote:
Since I cannot discover any errors in my settings, and I see that the errors were corrected in version -0.28.2 I shall remain with version 0.27 until a later, (amended?) version is available.
Actually 0.28.2 is entered as the target version for that issue, but as far as I can see, there is not such version at all as yet, so there's probably no way to do a Gentoo version bump as yet.

Tom
Hu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it is a build error, no bump is strictly required. Anyone who built successfully does not need these patches. Anyone who needs these patches has no install of this version. Thus, a new iteration of the ebuild for this version could include patches to fix these build issues, if such patches exist. The referenced MythTV issue seems to have several commits that might be such patches. While Gentoo generally prefers following upstream over maintaining backports of fixes, it's not unreasonable to suggest carrying backports of unreleased patches until the release comes out, at which point the new release can be added.
gcyoung
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Mythtv-0.28-r1 Reply with quote

I logged into bugzilla to report a bug, but found it to be already reported as bug 627276.

[Moderator edit: added [bug] tag to link to the report, for the benefit of future readers. -Hu]
tld
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Mythtv-0.28-r1 Reply with quote

gcyoung wrote:
I logged into bugzilla to report a bug, but found it to be already reported as bug 627276.
If that's it that would explain why I haven't run into it. I don't have the gles2 USE flag set...hadn't actually ever heard of it before.
Tom
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gles2 should be avoided, I don't know why people enabled it in the first place.
gcyoung
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: mythtv-0.28-r1 Reply with quote

I have removed the offending USE flag 'gles2' :
[ USE="-gles2 emerge -N `qlist -I dev-qt`]
and media-tv/mythtv-0.28-r1 now compiles.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: