Writing an ebuild for pcb-rnd, a fork of sci-electronics/pcb
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VinzC
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Writing an ebuild for pcb-rnd, a fork of sci-electronics/pcb Reply with quote

Hi.

As not everybody might know, gEDA pcb has been forked into pcb-rnd (but not only), for which ScriblesOnNapkin (on the EEVblog forum) is the lead developer. I'm in a "quiet phase" so am going to provide an ebuild for it as soon as I can. I intend use this thread as a support & feedback before I submit a patch to Gentoo bugzilla. Being back to Gentoo full-time, I believe it'll be, IMHO, a great opportunity to gather information, help, tips, tricks as to building a full-fledged ebuild.

Welcome anyone who wishes to help.
charles17
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Writing an ebuild for pcb-rnd, a fork of sci-electronics Reply with quote

VinzC wrote:
... before I submit a patch to Gentoo bugzilla. ...

Please consider doing a PR instead of submitting to bugs.gentoo.org. Feedback and QA is much better for pull requests.
VinzC
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Writing an ebuild for pcb-rnd, a fork of sci-electronics Reply with quote

VinzC wrote:
... before I submit a patch to Gentoo bugzilla. ...

charles17 wrote:
Please consider doing a PR instead of submitting to bugs.gentoo.org. Feedback and QA is much better for pull requests.

8O
I think I'll need quite a bit of time to study & understand what you're talking about... To start with Git, there's so many terms I don't even understand what they mean; I'm afraid it'll take too much time, way more than I have left to just get that (I've already messed up some of my GIT trees hard without even understanding how I got there). And I've just started to grasp the concept of branches so I'm light years behind whom can be called a Git-master... Just to give you a picture.

I'd prefer something simple, which I can easily and (most of all: ) quickly understand if you don't mind. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to cut corners rather than providing something ready for use while I still have time. I just don't feel up to that... PR task :oops: .
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: