[Solved] emerge llvm-9999 ld: cannot find -lxml2
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skyrrd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: [Solved] emerge llvm-9999 ld: cannot find -lxml2 Reply with quote

Hello,

I have some Issue that i'm unable to resolve by myself so I'm seeking for your help ;)

I'm trying to emerge llvm-9999 after a fresh install of gentoo, but it fails with following error:

Code:

[...]
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/7.1.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/7.1.0/../../../
libxml2.so when searching for -lxml2
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/7.1.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libxml2.so when searching for -lxml2
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/7.1.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lxml2
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
[...]
 * ERROR: sys-devel/llvm-9999::gentoo failed (compile phase):
 *   ninja -v -j5 -l0 failed
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line  115:  Called src_compile
 *   environment, line 5160:  Called multilib-minimal_src_compile
 *   environment, line 3433:  Called multilib_foreach_abi 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_compile'
 *   environment, line 3664:  Called multibuild_foreach_variant '_multilib_multibuild_wrapper' 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_compile'
 *   environment, line 3299:  Called _multibuild_run '_multilib_multibuild_wrapper' 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_compile'
 *   environment, line 3297:  Called _multilib_multibuild_wrapper 'multilib-minimal_abi_src_compile'
 *   environment, line  795:  Called multilib-minimal_abi_src_compile
 *   environment, line 3427:  Called multilib_src_compile
 *   environment, line 3876:  Called cmake-utils_src_compile
 *   environment, line 1218:  Called cmake-utils_src_make
 *   environment, line 1390:  Called _cmake_ninja_src_make
 *   environment, line  347:  Called eninja
 *   environment, line 1718:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       "$@" || die "${nonfatal_args[@]}" "${*} failed"

Full log: https://pastebin.com/uRL5CXrk

make.conf:
Code:

CFLAGS="-march=haswell -O2 -pipe"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
USE="-qt -qt4 -gt5 -kde alsa alsa-plugins clang gdbm glib ipv6 jack libressl libsamplerate oss -bindist gtk gtk2 gtk3 dvd pulseaudio cdr"
MAKEOPTS="-j5"
CPU_FLAGS_X86="aes avx avx2 fma3 mmx mmxext popcnt sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
DISTDIR="${PORTDIR}/distfiles"
PKGDIR="${PORTDIR}/packages"
VIDEO_CARDS="radeon radeonsi amdgpu"
LINGUAS="de en"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="rsync://mirror.eu.oneandone.net/gentoo/ http://mirror.eu.oneandone.net/linux/distributions/gentoo/gentoo/ ftp://ftp.wh2.tu-dresden.de/pub/mirrors/gentoo rsync://mirror.netcologne.de/gentoo/ ftp://mirror.netcologne.de/gentoo/ ftp://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/gentoo/ rsync://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/gentoo/ ftp://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/pub/Linux/gentoo ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/mirrors/gentoo ftp://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/gentoo/ http://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/gentoo/ rsync://ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de/gentoo/"
XFCE_PLUGINS="clock power trash"

any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by skyrrd on Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
ct85711
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first off, using 9999 packages are NOT recommended unless you have a specific reason that you need to. Those packages are live packages, and can change from day to day; as they pull from the package's development tree. So it is highly recommended to never use them unless you need to (as they tend to be a case of you picking up the pieces, as we may not get the same copy as you got)...

Beyond that, I am going to agree on the error messages that you posted are more likely the issue. The the hard part is that libxml2 only has one version in portage, and it's the newest that upstream even has too... So you are get to figure out if it's either too new of libxml2, something with your USE flags, or maybe something different all together. Sometimes, cutting the makeopts back back to 1 helps clear up the issue...
Hu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with ct85711; use a -9999 build if and only if you can describe why you need a live ebuild. As a seemingly new user, I think it likely that a -9999 build is the wrong solution to whatever problem you are trying to solve.

That said, it failed because it could not find/use the x86_32 version of libxml2. Please follow the instructions shown in your build log regarding output to post. Please also post the output of emerge --pretend --verbose dev-libs/libxml2.
skyrrd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the hint. I already fixed it by recompiling lxml2 with abi_x86 32 and now it worked.

I wanted to emerge Llvm-9999 for testing purpose together with mesa-17.2-devel (also 9999 ebuild) which gave me black textures with 3.9.1 llvm. (Learned now that it was a problem with texture compression and not related to llvm)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: