[solved] Can't compile openxcom-9999
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tkzv
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: [solved] Can't compile openxcom-9999 Reply with quote

When I try to install games-engines/openxcom-9999, I get a CMake error:
Code:
cmake -C /var/tmp/portage/games-engines/openxcom-9999/work/openxcom-9999_build/gentoo_common_config.cmake -G Unix Makefiles -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Gentoo -DCMAKE_USER_MAKE_RULES_OVERRIDE=/var/tmp/portage/games-engines/openxcom-9999/work/openxcom-9999_build/gentoo_rules.cmake -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/var/tmp/portage/games-engines/openxcom-9999/work/openxcom-9999_build/gentoo_toolchain.cmake  /var/tmp/portage/games-engines/openxcom-9999/work/openxcom-9999
loading initial cache file /var/tmp/portage/games-engines/openxcom-9999/work/openxcom-9999_build/gentoo_common_config.cmake
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:168:
  Parse error.  Expected "(", got quoted argument with text
  "${CMAKE_INSTALL_FULL_DATAROOTDIR}/applications".

emerge --info '=games-engines/openxcom-9999::gentoo' : https://pastebin.com/pLDbvrzz
build log: https://pastebin.com/Zf5hvPN4

Code:
$ emerge -pqv '=games-engines/openxcom-9999::gentoo'
[ebuild     U ] games-engines/openxcom-9999 [1.0.0-r1] USE="-doc"

What is wrong?

Update: updating dev-util/cmake to 3.8.2 did not help.

Update 2: When I tried earlier commits, with the command
Code:
EGIT_COMMIT_DATE="2017-03-01 00:00" emerge -v openxcom
compilation started without this error. Not sure, if this version supports the mods I want, though.

Update 3: Commit 092971e6f46601ffb9a7fd0ff8296cd64563f48e compiles fine, next commit 52f06609e57acafa42e0dd6cdb138f87aee818e4 causes this error. The time is between "2017-03-03 3:00" and "2017-03-03 4:00". I still don't understand if the problem is in the program, in Gentoo or in my system.

Last edited by tkzv on Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

Teegrins, tkzv!

Indeed the 'CMakeLists.txt' is broken with the mix of the current ebuild and 52f06609e57acafa42e0dd6cdb138f87aee818e4.

Before the change, the

Code:
sed -i -e '/\/res\//d' CMakeLists.txt

in the ebuild would remove the 'DESTINATION' parts as well, but as they're now in separate lines, they'll remain, and break the syntax.

I just verified that the package builds by first doing

Code:
ebuild openxcom-9999.ebuild clean prepare

and removing said lines from the 'CMakeLists.txt', then moving on with

Code:
ebuild openxcom-9999.ebuild install

Note that this doesn't actually install the package to the system (the 'merge' command would, if ran as root, but it would be best to create a patch for this instead... or better yet, a pull request).

I'm not sure if we'll want the icons and desktop files to be installed even with the changes they've made.
tkzv
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for explaining. I submitted a bug: https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=623058 The attached ebuild should remove both lines now.

How do you get the page by the commit hash on GitHub?
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. :]

The page I get by, for example, browsing from the main repository page to the 'commits', and clicking a commit there.

There's also the search box on the top of the page, which can be used to search for things in the current repository for example (things such as the commit hash).
Hu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The URL that Chiitoo showed is derived from the Git history, so if you have a local clone of OpenXCom (and you would, since the live ebuild fetched one), and you looked up a commit ID in that local clone, then you could compute the corresponding Github URL. This can be convenient when the commit you want to cite is not recent, so getting it through the Github UI could mean clicking through many pages of history. Instead, grab a random recent commit URL, remove the commit hash from that URL, and substitute in the commit hash of the commit you want. All this assumes, of course, that you have a specific commit hash in mind. Finding that is a domain-specific problem.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: