Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Democrats make horrid parents
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 684
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Democrats make horrid parents Reply with quote

Democrats are cool with mooching off their parents far longer than Republicans

Quote:
When asked what age they think someone should start paying their own cell phone bill without financial help from their parents, 20% of Republicans said this should happen before someone turns 18. Meanwhile, just 11% of Democrats said the same.

This trend applies to car payments and housing as well. More than one in 10 (13%) of Republicans think you should be able to pay for a car without your parents help before your 18th birthday, compared to just 4% of Democrats.


People who agree with democrats do a disservice to their own children in regards to preparing them for life.
_________________
People Of Love

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2042
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. Democrats teach their children the most important skill in these days: how to live off other people's money.

Republican's on the other hand are still stuck in the 19th century 'work and you might have it' mind set that really does not apply anymore.
_________________
Study finds stunning lack of racial, gender, and economic diversity among middle-class white males

I identify as a dirty penismensch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
richk449
Guru
Guru


Joined: 24 Oct 2003
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very weird way the describe the data (drawing conclusions from the lowest 10% of the distribution - what does the other 90% look like?), and the link they provide has no information about the breakdown by political party, and no raw data.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1240
Location: ID, USA

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Article wrote:
“Politically, it’s hard to say why certain groups have different expectations,” Bankrate’s financial expert Sarah Berger tells Moneyish.

No it's not. One group raises their kids one way and the other group has different ideas.

Article wrote:
Today’s teens are far less likely to work than teens in previous generations. Indeed, even in the summer — when teens are most likely to have jobs — only about one in three teens ages 16-19 worked in 2014.

That's funny. Every damned fast food chain in Boise has "help wanted" signs up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 240
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically, democrats make horrid human beings.

Nancy Pelosi being a prime example.
_________________
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 240
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
Article wrote:
Today’s teens are far less likely to work than teens in previous generations. Indeed, even in the summer — when teens are most likely to have jobs — only about one in three teens ages 16-19 worked in 2014.

That's funny. Every damned fast food chain in Boise has "help wanted" signs up.
When I was a kid, we picked strawberries and pole beans during the summer. There were no illegals from Mexico taking jobs.

I mourn for the future of this country. I've been doing job interviews the past two weeks, and people under 30 have no flippin' concept of work.
_________________
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 29 May 2005
Posts: 5542
Location: Saint Amant, Acadiana

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a theory of superman and why man never makes it to the "next level". Every time man advances a bit there will be powers that intervene and destroy the progress made. Look how socialism every time rises its head when capitalism manages to create some prosperity. And then people stop working, multiple without responsibility, and we fall back to poverty.
_________________
Please learn how to denote units correctly!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
desultory
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 04 Nov 2005
Posts: 8746

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
That's funny. Every damned fast food chain in Boise has "help wanted" signs up.
The part that you may be missing is that the Democrat interpretation of those signs is that businesses with them posted give a portion of their profits to fugitive assistance programs, to help the wanted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 763
Location: EU

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Very weird way the describe the data (drawing conclusions from the lowest 10% of the distribution - what does the other 90% look like?), and the link they provide has no information about the breakdown by political party, and no raw data.


it's a completely shit article. The top 10 cities in the US for housing costs are all democrat leaning cities. they are then, of course, going to think people who are 18 can't afford their rent.
_________________
wswartzendruber wrote:
Well, every group has its nutjobs, and the Second Amendment crowd is no exception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
richk449
Guru
Guru


Joined: 24 Oct 2003
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Very weird way the describe the data (drawing conclusions from the lowest 10% of the distribution - what does the other 90% look like?), and the link they provide has no information about the breakdown by political party, and no raw data.


it's a completely shit article. The top 10 cities in the US for housing costs are all democrat leaning cities. they are then, of course, going to think people who are 18 can't afford their rent.


Stop worrying so much. Does the article support your pre-existing positions? Then assume it is true, and run with it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 240
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
juniper wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Very weird way the describe the data (drawing conclusions from the lowest 10% of the distribution - what does the other 90% look like?), and the link they provide has no information about the breakdown by political party, and no raw data.


it's a completely shit article. The top 10 cities in the US for housing costs are all democrat leaning cities. they are then, of course, going to think people who are 18 can't afford their rent.


Stop worrying so much. Does the article support your pre-existing positions? Then assume it is true, and run with it.
It's all the fault of Trump and the Russians!

THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING! THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING! :lol:
_________________
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 684
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#Triggered :lol:
_________________
People Of Love

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 763
Location: EU

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
richk449 wrote:
juniper wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Very weird way the describe the data (drawing conclusions from the lowest 10% of the distribution - what does the other 90% look like?), and the link they provide has no information about the breakdown by political party, and no raw data.


it's a completely shit article. The top 10 cities in the US for housing costs are all democrat leaning cities. they are then, of course, going to think people who are 18 can't afford their rent.


Stop worrying so much. Does the article support your pre-existing positions? Then assume it is true, and run with it.
It's all the fault of Trump and the Russians!

THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING! THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING! :lol:


Funny, when the allegations were against HRC, that's pretty much what you said.
_________________
wswartzendruber wrote:
Well, every group has its nutjobs, and the Second Amendment crowd is no exception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
richk449
Guru
Guru


Joined: 24 Oct 2003
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
richk449 wrote:
juniper wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Very weird way the describe the data (drawing conclusions from the lowest 10% of the distribution - what does the other 90% look like?), and the link they provide has no information about the breakdown by political party, and no raw data.


it's a completely shit article. The top 10 cities in the US for housing costs are all democrat leaning cities. they are then, of course, going to think people who are 18 can't afford their rent.


Stop worrying so much. Does the article support your pre-existing positions? Then assume it is true, and run with it.
It's all the fault of Trump and the Russians!

THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING! THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING! :lol:

Huh? Are you saying that I did this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 240
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:
richk449 wrote:
juniper wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Very weird way the describe the data (drawing conclusions from the lowest 10% of the distribution - what does the other 90% look like?), and the link they provide has no information about the breakdown by political party, and no raw data.


it's a completely shit article. The top 10 cities in the US for housing costs are all democrat leaning cities. they are then, of course, going to think people who are 18 can't afford their rent.


Stop worrying so much. Does the article support your pre-existing positions? Then assume it is true, and run with it.
It's all the fault of Trump and the Russians!

THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING! THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING! :lol:


Funny, when the allegations were against HRC, that's pretty much what you said.
I think you are full of barnyard fertilizer. Find an example, please.
_________________
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 763
Location: EU

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:
richk449 wrote:
juniper wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Very weird way the describe the data (drawing conclusions from the lowest 10% of the distribution - what does the other 90% look like?), and the link they provide has no information about the breakdown by political party, and no raw data.


it's a completely shit article. The top 10 cities in the US for housing costs are all democrat leaning cities. they are then, of course, going to think people who are 18 can't afford their rent.


Stop worrying so much. Does the article support your pre-existing positions? Then assume it is true, and run with it.
It's all the fault of Trump and the Russians!

THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING! THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING! :lol:


Funny, when the allegations were against HRC, that's pretty much what you said.
I think you are full of barnyard fertilizer. Find an example, please.


back at you. when did I say the russians are coming?
_________________
wswartzendruber wrote:
Well, every group has its nutjobs, and the Second Amendment crowd is no exception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 240
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comment was not directed at you, but at the democrat that posted after you.
_________________
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 684
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical democrat parent
_________________
People Of Love

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
richk449
Guru
Guru


Joined: 24 Oct 2003
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
My comment was not directed at you, but at the democrat that posted after you.

I'm not a democrat, and I haven't hyped the russian angle at all. You are 0 for 2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 240
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Old School wrote:
My comment was not directed at you, but at the democrat that posted after you.

I'm not a democrat, and I haven't hyped the russian angle at all. You are 0 for 2.
:lol:

You gonna try and tell me you are an Independent? Or a Revolutionary Socialist? :lol:

Next you're gonna say you didn't vote for Hillary! :lol:

Who was the last Republican Representative, Senator or President you voted for?

But, fine. You are not a Democrat. Just a regressive liberal.
_________________
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
richk449
Guru
Guru


Joined: 24 Oct 2003
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
Who was the last Republican Representative, Senator or President you voted for?
But, fine. You are not a Democrat. Just a regressive liberal.

I am pretty sure I have never voted for a republican for any office. To you, that makes me a democrat?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 684
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Old School wrote:
Who was the last Republican Representative, Senator or President you voted for?
But, fine. You are not a Democrat. Just a regressive liberal.

I am pretty sure I have never voted for a republican for any office. To you, that makes me a democrat?


So you've only ever voted for "independents" and democrats?
_________________
People Of Love

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
richk449
Guru
Guru


Joined: 24 Oct 2003
Posts: 345

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Old School wrote:
Who was the last Republican Representative, Senator or President you voted for?
But, fine. You are not a Democrat. Just a regressive liberal.

I am pretty sure I have never voted for a republican for any office. To you, that makes me a democrat?


So you've only ever voted for "independents" and democrats?

If by "independents", you mean anyone who is not a republican or a democrat, then yes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16337
Location: Rivendell

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the Independent. For example, most are really Democrats pretending not to be. Like Sanders or Lieberman, who was a Democrat and then pretended he wasn't.
_________________
45
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 240
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

richk449 wrote:
Old School wrote:
Who was the last Republican Representative, Senator or President you voted for?
But, fine. You are not a Democrat. Just a regressive liberal.

I am pretty sure I have never voted for a republican for any office. To you, that makes me a democrat?
No. To me, that makes you a closed minded partisan. :wink:

j/k
_________________
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum