Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
gcc 6.3 + ssp flag breaks google-chrome (and other c++ apps)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edward2a
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: gcc 6.3 + ssp flag breaks google-chrome (and other c++ apps) Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I did a repo-sync and world update to find out gcc-6.3 rebuilding with ssp flag and I thought 'great, some new security feature enabled by default', but it seems not everything is happy.
After the rebuild of gcc, google-chrome (binary) stopped working with the following error:

~ $ google-chrome-stable
/usr/bin/google-chrome-stable: relocation error: /usr/bin/google-chrome-stable: symbol _ZSt15__once_callable, version GLIBCXX_3.4.11 not defined in file libstdc++.so.6 with link time reference

So after some google'ing (not much found on the subject) and reviewing I disabled ssp for gcc and rebuilt it, then chrome-stable (58.0.3029.110) started working.
Same problem with google-chrome-beta. I guess as these are binary they are compiled with a different configuration of gcc libraries hence the incompatibility.

Unfortunately this happened on my 'daily horse' pc just before returning to work from holidays, so no much time to actually review the subject.
If anyone has any pointers on this issue, info is most appreciated.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: