View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goverp
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: kmymoney-4.8.0-r1 emerge blocks Reply with quote

This is probably a problem of my own making, but I'm recording it in case it's a symptom of something more general.

I run stable amd64 KDE desktop. I've run (stable) kmymoney for years. Some time in the last year (I forget when) an upgrade introduced a run-time failure that I cured by keywording it for 4.8.0, i.e. package.keywords contains <=app-office/kmymoney-4.8.0 ~amd64. That's run OK for a little while. But after syncing yesterday, emerge --update wanted to downgrade kmymoney to 4.7.2. It appears 4.8.0-r1 replaced the 4.8.0 ebuild. I tried updating package.keywords to allow that, but in turn that wanted app-crpyt/gpgme keyworded, and app-crpyt/gpgme cxx added to package.use. And I think that opened a further can of unstable worms. So in the end, I just excluded kmymoney from the emerge --update.

The summary is that 4.8.0 works fine for me; I use an encrypted data file, which presumably is where gpgme is needed, so I'm not sure the patch introduced by 4.8.0-r1 is adding anything, and it appears to cause problems, at least on an otherwise stable setup.
Tony0945
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The r1 change is :
Code:
 RDEPEND="${COMMON_DEPEND}
-   !=kde-apps/kdepimlibs-4.14.10_p2016*
+   !~kde-apps/kdepimlibs-4.14.10_p20160611
which is changing from blocking all 2016 versions of kdepimlibs to blocking only the June 11 2016 version. Or is blocking all except the June 11 version? I'm not that good on the syntax.

If the plain 4.8.0 version works for you, I would put it in local overlay. You can easily restore the ebuild as it's only a one line change from the one in the tree.

An alternative that's a lot more work would be analyzing the incompatability and adding a user patch to to either kmymoney or kdepimlibs.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your USE flag settings on kmymoney. You'll spot there is a 'pim' flag. Do you need it enabled? OR do you have kdepimlibs installed? If yes, you need to also unmask the latest snapshot version of kdepimlibs, this version will no longer collide with gpgme[cxx,qt5], and for that reason gpgme-1.8.0-r3 has been introduced to remove the general block against kdepimlibs.

See also:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=611818
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/KDE#KDE_PIM_4.14.11_and_earlier
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1062978.html

Goverp wrote:
so I'm not sure the patch introduced by 4.8.0-r1 is adding anything, and it appears to cause problems, at least on an otherwise stable setup.

It's actually a fix to get rid of a conflict. You're only negatively affected because you are mixing arch and ~arch.
Goverp
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asturm wrote:
Check your USE flag settings on kmymoney. You'll spot there is a 'pim' flag. Do you need it enabled?
It's actually a fix to get rid of a conflict. You're only negatively affected because you are mixing arch and ~arch.

asturm, thanks for the analysis and explanation.
I don't need pim for kmymoney, so I'll take it off.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: