View posts from last 7 days

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paraw
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about the messages from vulkaninfo. For what concerns the vulkan demos, leave that one alone and install these
http://vulkan.gpuinfo.org/examples.php
then try them one by one. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the page closely, because you also need to install the media pack (at the end of the page) and it must be in the right location for the demos to work. Also, you need to run the demos from their own directory, so if you install them into ~/vulkandemos/bin (for example), you must go there (cd vulkandemos/bin) and run them as ./bloom, ./deferred, etc. If you run them from your home dir, with vulkandemos/bin/bloom, for example, they won't work.

As for the extension missing, did you modify the files in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ in any way?
paraw
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pelelademadera, I forgot to mention. To make your games use the driver, you must start steam with
Code:
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS="$(dbus-daemon --session --print-address --fork)" LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib32/opengl/amdgpu-pro/lib/" /home/paraw/steam/steam.sh

Of course, replace /home/paraw/steam/ with your installation directory for Steam.
For what concerns DOTA, from within Steam, edit its Launch Options and set them to
Code:
-vulkan -console

The console option is just so you can verify that it's using Vulkan.
pelelademadera
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill try it tomorrow, Im out of home for the weekend....
I dont see page 2. Sorry for my delay. Vulkan triangles demo works, cube dont, I'll try it tomorrow and tell you.

Thanks for your help
Los habitantes de las islas Malvinas lo llaman gentoo, nombre en el que se basa la distribución GNU/Linux Gentoo, cuyo objetivo es la optimización para conseguir más rendimiento y velocidad en la ejecución.
------
pelelademadera
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/tessst/bin $ ./gears
./gears: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.4/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.9' not found (required by ./gears)
./gears: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.4/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./gears)
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/tessst/bin $ ./vulkanscene
./vulkanscene: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.4/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.9' not found (required by ./vulkanscene)
./vulkanscene: /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/4.9.4/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./vulkanscene)

Im going to work right now, Ill try to fix it when I come back home

[Moderator edit: changed [quote] tags to [code] tags to preserve output layout. -Hu]
Los habitantes de las islas Malvinas lo llaman gentoo, nombre en el que se basa la distribución GNU/Linux Gentoo, cuyo objetivo es la optimización para conseguir más rendimiento y velocidad en la ejecución.
------
paraw
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must update your gcc to version 5.4.0
You probably need to unmask it in /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords, then do a full update of the system.
pelelademadera
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraw wrote:
You must update your gcc to version 5.4.0
You probably need to unmask it in /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords, then do a full update of the system.

I noticed it yesterday..
After I do a gcc-config 2, revdep-rebuild --library 'libstdc++.so.6' -- --exclude gcc, emerge -e world, Im still without vulkan, Im giving up...

Code:
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/tessst/bin $ ./bloom
bloom: /home/sascha/dev/Vulkan/base/vulkanswapchain.hpp:366: void VulkanSwapChain::create(uint32_t*, uint32_t*, bool): Assertion `!err' failed.
Abortado
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/tessst/bin $ ./instancing
instancing: /home/sascha/dev/Vulkan/base/vulkantools.cpp:313: VkShaderModule_T* vkTools::loadShader(const char*, VkDevice, VkShaderStageFlagBits): Assertion `fp' failed.
Abortado

I build it instead of using the binary and similar result:

Code:
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ ./bloom
bloom: /home/pelo/vulkantest/Vulkan/base/VulkanSwapChain.hpp:426: void VulkanSwapChain::create(uint32_t*, uint32_t*, bool): Assertion `!err' failed.
Abortado

------
paraw
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually that looks like Vulkan is working, but it just can't find the shaders. Did you install the data files in ~/vulkantest/tessst/data/ ?
pelelademadera
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraw wrote:
Actually that looks like Vulkan is working, but it just can't find the shaders. Did you install the data files in ~/vulkantest/tessst/data/ ?

yes sr, inside tessst is bin and data (from media package, inside data are 3 folders, models shaders and textures...

I test in my build, I found that some of them works, but most returns:
Code:
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ ./distancefieldfonts
distancefieldfonts: /home/pelo/vulkantest/Vulkan/base/VulkanSwapChain.hpp:426: void VulkanSwapChain::create(uint32_t*, uint32_t*, bool): Assertion `!err' failed.
Abortado

computeparticles and dynamicuniformbuffer works....
I dont understand
------
paraw
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this is weird... These errors suggest Vulkan is trying to rely on mesa...
Can you please post the outputs of the following commands:
Code:
glxinfo | grep render

Code:
eselect opengl list

Code:
eselect opencl list

Code:
dkms status

Code:
emerge -pv mesa amdgpu-pro
pelelademadera
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraw wrote:
OK, this is weird... These errors suggest Vulkan is trying to rely on mesa...
Can you please post the outputs of the following commands:
Code:
glxinfo | grep render

Code:
eselect opengl list

Code:
eselect opencl list

Code:
dkms status

Code:
emerge -pv mesa amdgpu-pro

Code:
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ glxinfo | grep render
Xlib:  extension "AMDGPU" missing on display ":0".
direct rendering: Yes
    GLX_INTEL_swap_event, GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer, GLX_MESA_query_renderer,
OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics
    GL_ARB_compute_shader, GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted,
    GL_KTX_buffer_region, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_NV_conditional_render,
    GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted, GL_ARB_conservative_depth,
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ eselect opengl list
Available OpenGL implementations:
  [1]   amdgpu-pro *
  [2]   radeon
  [3]   xorg-x11
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ eselect opencl list
Available OpenCL implementations:
  [1]   amdgpu-pro *
  [2]   mesa
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ dkms status
bash: dkms: no se encontró la orden
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ su
Contraseña:
pelo-pc bin # dkms status
amdgpu-pro, 16.60-379184, 4.9.6-gentoo-r1-pelo, x86_64: installed (original_module exists)
pelo-pc bin # exit
exit
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ emerge -pv mesa amdgpu-pro

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild     U *] media-libs/mesa-9999::gentoo [17.0.1::gentoo] USE="classic d3d9 dri3 egl gallium gbm gles1 gles2 llvm opencl openmax osmesa pic vaapi valgrind vdpau wayland xa xvmc -bindist -debug -nptl -pax_kernel (-selinux) -vulkan" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon radeonsi (-freedreno) -i915 -i965 -imx -intel -nouveau -r100 -r200 -r300 -r600 (-vc4) (-vivante) -vmware" 0 KiB
[ebuild   Rf  ~] x11-drivers/amdgpu-pro-16.60.379184:1::gentoo-amdgpu-pro  USE="gles2 opencl opengl vdpau vulkan" ABI_X86="32 (64)" 0 KiB

Total: 2 packages (1 upgrade, 1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 KiB
Fetch Restriction: 1 package                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

* IMPORTANT: 8 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.                                                                                                                                                                             
 * Use eselect news read to view new items.                                                                                                                                                                                                 

pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ 

------
paraw
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, a few things. First, get rid of radeon in the VIDEO_CARDS. In your make.conf, just put
Code:
VIDEO_CARDS="amdgpu radeonsi"

However, you are going to need radeon support, but only locally for libdrm. This means that in /etc/portage/package.use, you should have a line such as
Code:
x11-libs/libdrm libkms video_cards_radeon abi_x86_32

Next, I see that you have d3d9 in mesa. Are you using Wine? Also, unless you need them for something else, I suggest you remove gles1 and gles2, as in my experience they tend to break stuff. I also suggest you remove pic and valgrind, again, unless you need them for something else.

Also, I forgot to ask this before, in the make.conf, you should also have the line
Code:
LLVM_TARGETS="AMDGPU"

What version of llvm are you running? And with what use flags? I am running 3.9.0-r1 with clang, libffi, ncurses, sanitize, static-analyzer, and xml.
Make sure you are running a version that has the AMDGPU target.

Finally, don't unmask mesa-9999. For the moment, 17.0.1 seems to be working great (at least for me).

Incidentally, I really don't understand why you are getting this missing extention thing. Can you please post the output of
Code:
grep amdgpu /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Then you can emerge --update --deep --newuse -pv world
pelelademadera
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraw wrote:
OK, a few things. First, get rid of radeon in the VIDEO_CARDS. In your make.conf, just put
Code:
VIDEO_CARDS="amdgpu radeonsi"

However, you are going to need radeon support, but only locally for libdrm. This means that in /etc/portage/package.use, you should have a line such as
Code:
x11-libs/libdrm libkms video_cards_radeon abi_x86_32

Next, I see that you have d3d9 in mesa. Are you using Wine? Also, unless you need them for something else, I suggest you remove gles1 and gles2, as in my experience they tend to break stuff. I also suggest you remove pic and valgrind, again, unless you need them for something else.

Also, I forgot to ask this before, in the make.conf, you should also have the line
Code:
LLVM_TARGETS="AMDGPU"

What version of llvm are you running? And with what use flags? I am running 3.9.0-r1 with clang, libffi, ncurses, sanitize, static-analyzer, and xml.
Make sure you are running a version that has the AMDGPU target.

Finally, don't unmask mesa-9999. For the moment, 17.0.1 seems to be working great (at least for me).

Incidentally, I really don't understand why you are getting this missing extention thing. Can you please post the output of
Code:
grep amdgpu /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Then you can emerge --update --deep --newuse -pv world

same as before

Code:
bloom: /home/pelo/vulkantest/Vulkan/base/VulkanSwapChain.hpp:426: void VulkanSwapChain::create(uint32_t*, uint32_t*, bool): Assertion `!err' failed.
Abortado
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ ./computecullandlod
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ ./computenbody
computenbody: /home/pelo/vulkantest/Vulkan/base/VulkanSwapChain.hpp:426: void VulkanSwapChain::create(uint32_t*, uint32_t*, bool): Assertion `!err' failed.
Abortado
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ ./computeparticles
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ ./computeshader
computeshader: /home/pelo/vulkantest/Vulkan/base/VulkanSwapChain.hpp:426: void VulkanSwapChain::create(uint32_t*, uint32_t*, bool): Assertion `!err' failed.
Abortado
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ ./debugmarker
debugmarker: /home/pelo/vulkantest/Vulkan/base/VulkanSwapChain.hpp:426: void VulkanSwapChain::create(uint32_t*, uint32_t*, bool): Assertion `!err' failed.
Abortado
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ ./deferred
deferred: /home/pelo/vulkantest/Vulkan/base/VulkanSwapChain.hpp:426: void VulkanSwapChain::create(uint32_t*, uint32_t*, bool): Assertion `!err' failed.
Abortado
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ ./deferredmultisampling
deferredmultisampling: /home/pelo/vulkantest/Vulkan/base/VulkanSwapChain.hpp:426: void VulkanSwapChain::create(uint32_t*, uint32_t*, bool): Assertion `!err' failed.
Abortado
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ ./deferredshadows
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ ./displacement
displacement: /home/pelo/vulkantest/Vulkan/base/VulkanSwapChain.hpp:426: void VulkanSwapChain::create(uint32_t*, uint32_t*, bool): Assertion `!err' failed.                                                                             
Abortado                                                                                                           
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ ./distancefieldfonts
distancefieldfonts: /home/pelo/vulkantest/Vulkan/base/VulkanSwapChain.hpp:426: void VulkanSwapChain::create(uint32_t*, uint32_t*, bool): Assertion `!err' failed.                                                                       
Abortado                                                                                                           
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ ./dynamicuniformbuffer
minUniformBufferOffsetAlignment = 16                                                                               
dynamicAlignment = 64                                                                                               
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ emerge -pv1 mesa libdrm amdgpu-pro llvm

[ebuild   R    ] x11-libs/libdrm-2.4.75::gentoo  USE="libkms -static-libs -valgrind" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" VIDEO_CARDS="amdgpu radeon (-exynos) (-freedreno) -intel -nouveau (-omap) (-tegra) (-vc4) (-vivante) -vmware" 0 KiB       
[ebuild   R   ~] sys-devel/llvm-3.9.1-r1:0/3.9.1::gentoo  USE="clang libffi python sanitize static-analyzer -debug -default-compiler-rt -default-libcxx -doc -gold -libedit (-lldb) -multitarget -ncurses -ocaml {-test} -xml" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" LLVM_TARGETS="AMDGPU BPF NVPTX (X86) -AArch64 -ARM -Hexagon -MSP430 -Mips -PowerPC -Sparc -SystemZ -XCore" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" 0 KiB                                                                             
[uninstall     ] app-vim/llvm-vim-4.0.0::gentoo                                                                     
[blocks b      ] sys-devel/llvm:0 ("sys-devel/llvm:0" is blocking app-vim/llvm-vim-4.0.0)                           
[ebuild   R   ~] media-libs/mesa-17.0.1::gentoo  USE="classic dri3 egl gallium gbm llvm opencl openmax osmesa vaapi vdpau wayland xa xvmc -bindist -d3d9 -debug -gles1 -gles2 -nptl -pax_kernel -pic (-selinux) -valgrind -vulkan" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" VIDEO_CARDS="radeonsi (-freedreno) -i915 -i965 -imx -intel -nouveau -r100 -r200 -r300 -r600 -radeon (-vc4) (-vivante) -vmware" 0 KiB                                                                               
[ebuild   Rf  ~] x11-drivers/amdgpu-pro-16.60.379184:1::gentoo-amdgpu-pro  USE="gles2 opencl opengl vdpau vulkan" ABI_X86="32 (64)" 0 KiB                                                                                               

Total: 4 packages (4 reinstalls, 1 uninstall), Size of downloads: 0 KiB                                             
Fetch Restriction: 1 package                                                                                       
Conflict: 1 block

pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ grep amdgpu /var/log/Xorg.0.log
[ 28809.808] (**) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib64/opengl/amdgpu-pro,/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
[ 28809.810] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/opengl/amdgpu-pro/extensions/libglx.so
[ 28809.811] (II) LoadModule: "amdgpu"
[ 28809.811] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/opengl/amdgpu-pro/modules/drivers/amdgpu_drv.so
[ 28809.812] (II) Module amdgpu: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        All GPUs supported by the amdgpu kernel driver
[ 28809.859] (II) AMDGPU(G0): [DRI2]   DRI driver: amdgpu
[ 28809.859] (II) AMDGPU(G0): [DRI2]   VDPAU driver: amdgpu
[ 28809.863] (II) AMDGPU(0): [DRI2]   DRI driver: amdgpu
[ 28809.863] (II) AMDGPU(0): [DRI2]   VDPAU driver: amdgpu
[ 28809.874] (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized amdgpu

Well, Im recompiling llvm with your flagset, then recompile mesa libdrm and drivers and post here again.
------
paraw
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the cause of the problem is in the VIDEO_CARDS or the other USE flags or variables, then obviously you wouldn't solve it before recompiling the needed packages, so it's not surprising that it doesn't work (yet). Also, recompiling only llvm, mesa and libdrm may not be enough. Just go directly with a normal world update (emerge --update --deep --newuse -pv world). Incidentally, when it's done, try rebooting, before testing Vulkan again.
pelelademadera
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraw wrote:
If the cause of the problem is in the VIDEO_CARDS or the other USE flags or variables, then obviously you wouldn't solve it before recompiling the needed packages, so it's not surprising that it doesn't work (yet). Also, recompiling only llvm, mesa and libdrm may not be enough. Just go directly with a normal world update (emerge --update --deep --newuse -pv world). Incidentally, when it's done, try rebooting, before testing Vulkan again.

Well, I have to give you a big big thank you.

The problem was not solved only with the flags, I have to rebuild vulkan-base too. and bloom is now working as root user, I can view any demo as root, but not as user, it returns the same error:

Code:
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ cat /etc/group
root:x:0:root
bin:x:1:root,bin,daemon
daemon:x:2:root,bin,daemon
sys:x:3:root,bin,adm
adm:x:4:root,adm,daemon
tty:x:5:
disk:x:6:root,adm
lp:x:7:lp,pelo,guest
mem:x:8:
kmem:x:9:
wheel:x:10:root,pelo
floppy:x:11:root
news:x:13:news
uucp:x:14:uucp
console:x:17:
audio:x:18:pelo
cdrom:x:19:
tape:x:26:root
video:x:27:root,sddm,pelo
cdrw:x:80:
usb:x:85:pelo
users:x:100:pelo
portage:x:250:portage
utmp:x:406:
nogroup:x:65533:
nobody:x:65534:
sshd:x:22:
man:x:15:
input:x:249:
messagebus:x:248:
polkitd:x:247:
sddm:x:246:pelo
pelo:x:1000:
lpadmin:x:106:pelo
roccat:x:105:pelo
dhcp:x:104:
plugdev:x:103:
nullmail:x:88:
chrome-remote-desktop:x:1001:pelo
vboxusers:x:102:pelo
vboxguest:x:101:
vboxsf:x:999:
games:x:35:pelo
ldap:x:439:
guest:x:1002:

------
paraw
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulkan-base? That shouldn't be there. Unmerge it and just re-emerge vulkan-loader from the regular portage tree (you should already have it, since it is a dependence of the driver). I believe the only version available is the 1.0.42.0 (and the 9999 one, of course). Also, for Steam and DOTA, don't forget to start them as I described above. ;)
pelelademadera
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraw wrote:
Vulkan-base? That shouldn't be there. Unmerge it and just re-emerge vulkan-loader from the regular portage tree (you should already have it, since it is a dependence of the driver). I believe the only version available is the 1.0.42.0 (and the 9999 one, of course). Also, for Steam and DOTA, don't forget to start them as I described above. ;)

I had it already installed.
I reinstall it and now some more examples works, but not all of them, and dota still not running...

Code:
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ ./skeletalanimation
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ ./ssao
ssao: /home/pelo/vulkantest/Vulkan/base/VulkanSwapChain.hpp:426: void VulkanSwapChain::create(uint32_t*, uint32_t*, bool): Assertion `!err' failed.
Abortado
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ ./subpasses
subpasses: /home/pelo/vulkantest/Vulkan/base/VulkanSwapChain.hpp:426: void VulkanSwapChain::create(uint32_t*, uint32_t*, bool): Assertion `!err' failed.
Abortado

what is uint32_t*, uint32_t*, bool?
------
paraw
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, uint32_t*, uint32_t* and bool are variable types. The first two are pointers to 32-bit unsigned integers; the last one is a boolean variable. Incidentally, in the binary demo pack I had downloaded I did not have either ssao or subpasses, so I downloaded the sources and built all the demos, and they all work.
Aside from this, I have many questions.

First, do the errors always refer to VulkanSwapChain? I'm asking because it was known to cause some problems.

Then, please add your user to the plugdev group with
Code:
gpasswd -a pelo plugdev
then log out and restart X.

Then, if you do
Code:
glxinfo | grep render
do you still get the message about missing extension?

Next, just to be sure, did you unmerge vulkan-base?

Also, what exactly is the problem with DOTA? What exactly happens when you run it with the options "-vulkan -console"?

What is the output of lsmod?

What is the output of
Code:
ls -l /usr/lib64/libvulkan.so*

Do you have media-libs/assimp and media-libs/libtxc_dxtn installed on your system? Also, you should make sure libtxc_dxtn is installed with abi_x86_32.

Please go in the directory where you have the demos that fail, for instance ssao, and paste the output of
Code:
ldd ./ssao

Finally, do you have by any chance more than one graphics card on your computer? For example, do you have an integrated video card, together with your 480? If so, can you please disable the integrated one from the BIOS and try again?

Last edited by paraw on Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
pelelademadera
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraw wrote:
So, uint32_t*, uint32_t* and bool are variable types. The first two are pointers to 32-bit unsigned integers; the last one is a boolean variable. Incidentally, in the demo pack I downloaded (the binaries) I don't have either ssao or subpasses, so I can't check with these two in particular.
Aside from this, I have many questions.

First, do the errors always refer to VulkanSwapChain? I'm asking because it was known to cause some problems.

Then, if you do
Code:
glxinfo | grep render
do you still get the message about missing extension?

Next, just to be sure, did you unmerge vulkan-base?

Also, what exactly is the problem with DOTA? What exactly happens when you run it with the options "-vulkan -console"?

What is the output of lsmod?

Do you have media-libs/assimp and media-libs/libtxc_dxtn installed on your system? Also, you should make sure libtxc_dxtn is installed with abi_x86_32.

Finally, do you have by any chance more than one graphics card on your computer? For example, do you have an integrated video card, together with your 480? If so, can you please disable the integrated one from the BIOS and try again?

Yes, all error are refered to VulkanSwapChain, Dota too, is the same message in a steam window, but the same,
Code:
CreateSwapChain(): call to vkCreateSwapchainWSI returned an error

Code:
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ emerge -pav media-libs/libtxc_dxtn media-libs/assimp

[ebuild   R    ] media-libs/libtxc_dxtn-1.0.1-r1::gentoo  ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB
[ebuild   R    ] media-libs/assimp-3.1.1::gentoo  USE="boost -samples -static -tools" 0 KiB

Total: 2 packages (2 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 0 KiB

glxinfo still returning that error:
Code:
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ glxinfo | grep render
direct rendering: Yes
    GLX_INTEL_swap_event, GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer, GLX_MESA_query_renderer,
OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics
    GL_ARB_compute_shader, GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted,
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ eselect opengl list
Available OpenGL implementations:
  [1]   amdgpu-pro *
  [2]   radeon
  [3]   xorg-x11
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ eselect opencl list
Available OpenCL implementations:
  [1]   amdgpu-pro *
  [2]   mesa

Only vulkan loader is intalled:

Code:
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ emerge -pv vulkan-base vulkan-loader

[ebuild  N    ~] media-libs/vulkan-base-9999::gentoo-amdgpu-pro  USE="vkheaders" 0 KiB
[ebuild   R    ] media-libs/vulkan-loader-1.0.42.0::gentoo  USE="X wayland" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" 0 KiB

Total: 2 packages (1 new, 1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 KiB

and at last the lsmod:

Code:
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
joydev                  9767  0
btusb                  27705  0
hid_roccat_kovaplus     6895  0
btrtl                   4832  1 btusb
hid_roccat              4169  1 hid_roccat_kovaplus
input_leds              2894  0
btbcm                   5983  1 btusb
hid_roccat_common       2315  1 hid_roccat_kovaplus
led_class               3783  1 input_leds
btintel                 6776  1 btusb
hid_aureal              1431  0
usblp                  10490  0
snd_hda_codec_realtek    56067  1
snd_hda_codec_generic    52817  3 snd_hda_codec_realtek
amdkfd                 64681  2
amd_iommu_v2            6603  1 amdkfd
amdgpu               1914210  43
amdttm                 70430  1 amdgpu
psmouse                73824  0
iTCO_wdt                5764  0
atkbd                  15510  0
iTCO_vendor_support     1905  1 iTCO_wdt
libps2                  4227  2 atkbd,psmouse
amdkcl                  8472  1 amdgpu
drm_kms_helper        109175  1 amdgpu
syscopyarea             3198  1 drm_kms_helper
sysfillrect             3626  1 drm_kms_helper
sysimgblt               2239  1 drm_kms_helper
snd_hda_intel          18468  6
fb_sys_fops             1314  1 drm_kms_helper
snd_hda_codec          78050  3 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec_realtek
drm                   256184  21 amdttm,amdgpu,amdkcl,drm_kms_helper
snd_hda_core           39543  4 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_hda_codec_realtek
snd_pcm                71685  3 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_core
i2c_algo_bit            5264  1 amdgpu
snd_timer              19151  1 snd_pcm
agpgart                25558  2 amdttm,drm
snd                    54091  17 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_timer,snd_hda_codec_generic,snd_pcm
e1000e                162722  0                                                                                     
x86_pkg_temp_thermal     4599  0                                                                                   
i2c_i801               12657  0                                                                                     
soundcore               5167  1 snd                                                                                 
i2c_smbus               3105  1 i2c_i801                                                                           
coretemp                5788  0                                                                                     
ptp                    10204  1 e1000e                                                                             
pps_core                6401  1 ptp                                                                                 
efivars                 7297  0                                                                                     
thermal                 8439  0                                                                                     
i8042                  18362  0                                                                                     
intel_lpss_acpi         2513  0                                                                                     
serio                  10098  5 atkbd,psmouse,i8042                                                                 
rtc_cmos                8334  0                                                                                     
intel_lpss              4509  1 intel_lpss_acpi                                                                     
acpi_pad                4551  0                                                                                     
evdev                  12138  9                                                                                     
vboxpci                13806  0                                                                                     
vboxnetadp             18246  0                                                                                     
vboxnetflt             16068  0
vboxdrv               356589  3 vboxnetadp,vboxnetflt,vboxpci

------
paraw
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please add your user to the plugdev group with
Code:
gpasswd -a pelo plugdev

What is the output of
Code:

Please go in the directory where you have the demos that fail, for instance ssao, and paste the output of
Code:
ldd ./ssao

pelelademadera
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraw wrote:
Please add your user to the plugdev group with
Code:
gpasswd -a pelo plugdev

What is the output of
Code:

Code:
ldd ./ssao

Code:
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ cat /etc/group
root:x:0:root
bin:x:1:root,bin,daemon
daemon:x:2:root,bin,daemon
sys:x:3:root,bin,adm
adm:x:4:root,adm,daemon
tty:x:5:
disk:x:6:root,adm
lp:x:7:lp,pelo,guest
mem:x:8:
kmem:x:9:
wheel:x:10:root,pelo
floppy:x:11:root
news:x:13:news
uucp:x:14:uucp
console:x:17:
audio:x:18:pelo
cdrom:x:19:
tape:x:26:root
video:x:27:root,sddm,pelo
cdrw:x:80:
usb:x:85:pelo
users:x:100:pelo
portage:x:250:portage
utmp:x:406:
nogroup:x:65533:
nobody:x:65534:                                                                                                     
sshd:x:22:                                                                                                         
man:x:15:                                                                                                           
input:x:249:                                                                                                       
messagebus:x:248:                                                                                                   
polkitd:x:247:                                                                                                     
sddm:x:246:pelo                                                                                                     
pelo:x:1000:                                                                                                       
lpadmin:x:106:pelo                                                                                                 
roccat:x:105:pelo                                                                                                   
dhcp:x:104:                                                                                                         
plugdev:x:103:pelo                                                                                                 
nullmail:x:88:                                                                                                     
chrome-remote-desktop:x:1001:pelo                                                                                   
vboxusers:x:102:pelo                                                                                               
vboxguest:x:101:                                                                                                   
vboxsf:x:999:                                                                                                       
games:x:35:pelo                                                                                                     
ldap:x:439:                                                                                                         
guest:x:1002:

system was rebooted after gpasswd.
Code:
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ ldd ./ssao
        linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffc093ef000)
        libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libxcb.so.1 (0x00007ffb59a40000)
        libvulkan.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libvulkan.so.1 (0x00007ffb59804000)
        libassimp.so.3 => /usr/lib64/libassimp.so.3 (0x00007ffb58fd1000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007ffb58db5000)
        libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/5.4.0/libstdc++.so.6 (0x00007ffb589bc000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib64/libm.so.6 (0x00007ffb586c1000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/5.4.0/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x00007ffb584aa000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00007ffb58113000)
        libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib64/libXau.so.6 (0x00007ffb57f0f000)
        libXdmcp.so.6 => /usr/lib64/libXdmcp.so.6 (0x00007ffb57d09000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib64/libdl.so.2 (0x00007ffb57b05000)
        /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007ffb59c69000)
        libz.so.1 => /lib64/libz.so.1 (0x00007ffb578ee000)
        libminizip.so.1 => /usr/lib64/libminizip.so.1 (0x00007ffb576e2000)
        libbsd.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libbsd.so.0 (0x00007ffb574cc000)
        librt.so.1 => /lib64/librt.so.1 (0x00007ffb572c4000)

There is 2 rx480, no onboard graphics in my pc

Code:
pelo-pc bin # lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Sky Lake Host Bridge/DRAM Registers (rev 07)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sky Lake PCIe Controller (x16) (rev 07)
00:01.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sky Lake PCIe Controller (x8) (rev 07)
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H USB 3.0 xHCI Controller (rev 31)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H CSME HECI #1 (rev 31)
00:17.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Device a102 (rev 31)
00:1b.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H PCI Root Port #17 (rev f1)
00:1b.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H PCI Root Port #20 (rev f1)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H PCI Express Root Port #1 (rev f1)
00:1d.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H PCI Express Root Port #9 (rev f1)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H LPC Controller (rev 31)
00:1f.2 Memory controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H PMC (rev 31)
00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H HD Audio (rev 31)
00:1f.4 SMBus: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H SMBus (rev 31)
00:1f.6 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V (rev 31)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 67df (rev c7)
01:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device aaf0
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 67df (rev c7)
02:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device aaf0
04:00.0 SATA controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1062 Serial ATA Controller (rev 02)
05:00.0 USB controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1142 USB 3.1 Host Controller

EDIT: Adding a device, didnt help
------

Last edited by pelelademadera on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
paraw
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pelelademadera wrote:

Can you please post the contents of all the files in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/

Also, make sure there is no file /etc/X11/xorg.conf
pelelademadera
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraw wrote:
pelelademadera wrote:

Can you please post the contents of all the files in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/

Also, make sure there is no file /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Code:
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ ls -lR /etc/X11/
/etc/X11/:                                                                                                         
total 24                                                                                                           
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1192 mar 17 13:51 chooser.sh                                                                 
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 mar 17 13:51 Sessions                                                                   
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  818 mar 17 13:51 startDM.sh                                                                 
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 mar 17 13:51 xinit                                                                     
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 mar 22 10:43 xorg.conf.d
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 mar 22 10:42 xorg.conf.d.bak

/etc/X11/Sessions:
total 4
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2187 mar 17 13:51 Xsession

/etc/X11/xinit:
total 12
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  888 mar 17 13:51 xinitrc
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 mar 21 21:26 xinitrc.d
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  132 mar 17 13:51 xserverrc

/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d:
total 16
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  255 mar 17 13:51 00-xhost
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  275 mar 21 21:26 40-libcanberra-gtk-module
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  341 mar 17 13:46 80-dbus
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1027 mar 17 14:23 90-consolekit

/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d:
total 16
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 380 mar 22 10:43 10-device.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 169 mar 22 10:43 10-monitor.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 220 mar 22 10:43 10-screen.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 108 mar 22 10:43 20opengl.conf

/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d.bak:
total 16
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 380 mar 22 10:42 10-device.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 169 mar 22 10:42 10-monitor.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 220 mar 22 10:42 10-screen.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 108 mar 22 10:42 20opengl.conf

Code:
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/*
Section "Device"
        Identifier  "RX480_1"
        Driver      "amdgpu"
        BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
        Option      "DRI"         "3"
        Option      "AccelMethod" "glamor"
        Option "TearFree" "on"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Dell Ultrasharp"
        VendorName   "Dell, Inc."
        ModelName    "U2311H"
        Option       "DPMS"   "true"
EndSection
Section "Screen"
                Identifier      "Screen0"
                DefaultDepth    24
                SubSection      "Display"
                                Depth   24
                EndSubSection
EndSection
Section "Files"
        ModulePath "/usr/lib64/opengl/amdgpu-pro"
        ModulePath "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
EndSection

I try adding
Code:
Section "Device"
        Identifier  "RX480_2"
        Driver      "amdgpu"
        BusID       "PCI:02:0:1"
        Option "TearFree" "on"
EndSection
but same result...
------

Last edited by pelelademadera on Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
paraw
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pelelademadera wrote:

I try adding
Code:
Section "Device"
        Identifier  "RX480_2"
        Driver      "amdgpu"
        Option "TearFree" "on"
EndSection
but same result...

That's exactly what I was about to suggest you to do. However, you wrote
Code:

when it should be
Code:
BusID       "PCI:02:0:0"

Can you try with the correct line, please? Of course restart X (or reboot, if you prefer), after the change.
pelelademadera
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraw wrote:
pelelademadera wrote:

I try adding
Code:
Section "Device"
        Identifier  "RX480_2"
        Driver      "amdgpu"
        Option "TearFree" "on"
EndSection
but same result...

That's exactly what I was about to suggest you to do. However, you wrote
Code:

when it should be
Code:
BusID       "PCI:02:0:0"

Can you try with the correct line, please? Of course restart X (or reboot, if you prefer), after the change.

If I put BusID 2:0:0 X server dont start.

the log:

Code:
pelo@pelo-pc ~/vulkantest/Vulkan/bin $ cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log.old
[  2663.999] (--) Log file renamed from "/var/log/Xorg.pid-11004.log" to "/var/log/Xorg.0.log"
[  2663.999]
X.Org X Server 1.18.4
Release Date: 2016-07-19
[  2663.999] X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0                                                                     
[  2663.999] Build Operating System: Linux 4.9.6-gentoo-r1-pelo x86_64 Gentoo                                       
[  2663.999] Current Operating System: Linux pelo-pc 4.9.6-gentoo-r1-pelo #13 SMP PREEMPT Wed Mar 22 09:50:34 ART 2017 x86_64                                                                                                           
[  2663.999] Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/kernel-4.9.6-gentoo-r1-pelo root=/dev/sda6 ro rootfstype=ext4         
[  2663.999] Build Date: 17 March 2017  04:45:12PM                                                                 
[  2663.999]                                                                                                       
[  2663.999] Current version of pixman: 0.34.0                                                                     
[  2663.999]    Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org                                                 
        to make sure that you have the latest version.                                                             
[  2663.999] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,                                     
        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,                                                   
        (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.                                               
[  2663.999] (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Wed Mar 22 11:39:55 2017                                   
[  2663.999] (==) Using config directory: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d"                                                   
[  2663.999] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"                                       
[  2663.999] (==) No Layout section.  Using the first Screen section.                                               
[  2663.999] (**) |-->Screen "Screen0" (0)                                                                         
[  2663.999] (**) |   |-->Monitor "<default monitor>"                                                               
[  2664.000] (==) No device specified for screen "Screen0".
        Using the first device section listed.
[  2664.000] (**) |   |-->Device "RX480_1"
[  2664.000] (**) |   |-->GPUDevice "RX480_2"
[  2664.000] (==) No monitor specified for screen "Screen0".
        Using a default monitor configuration.
[  2664.000] (==) Automatically adding devices
[  2664.000] (==) Automatically enabling devices
[  2664.000] (==) Automatically adding GPU devices
[  2664.000] (==) Max clients allowed: 256, resource mask: 0x1fffff
[  2664.000] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/OTF/" does not exist.
[  2664.000]    Entry deleted from font path.
[  2664.000] (WW) `fonts.dir' not found (or not valid) in "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/".
[  2664.000]    Entry deleted from font path.
[  2664.000]    (Run 'mkfontdir' on "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/").
[  2664.000] (==) FontPath set to:
        /usr/share/fonts/misc/,
        /usr/share/fonts/TTF/,
        /usr/share/fonts/Type1/,
        /usr/share/fonts/100dpi/
[  2664.000] (**) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib64/opengl/amdgpu-pro,/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
[  2664.000] (II) The server relies on udev to provide the list of input devices.
        If no devices become available, reconfigure udev or disable AutoAddDevices.
[  2664.000] (II) Loader magic: 0x811c40
[  2664.000] (II) Module ABI versions:
[  2664.000]    X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4
[  2664.000]    X.Org Video Driver: 20.0
[  2664.000]    X.Org XInput driver : 22.1
[  2664.000]    X.Org Server Extension : 9.0
[  2664.000] (II) xfree86: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card0)
[  2664.002] (II) xfree86: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card1)
[  2664.003] (--) PCI:*(0:1:0:0) 1002:67df:174b:e347 rev 199, Mem @ 0xc0000000/268435456, 0xd0000000/2097152, 0xdfe00000/262144, I/O @ 0x0000e000/256, BIOS @ 0x????????/131072
[  2664.003] (--) PCI: (0:2:0:0) 1002:67df:174b:e347 rev 199, Mem @ 0xa0000000/268435456, 0xb0000000/2097152, 0xdfd00000/262144, I/O @ 0x0000d000/256, BIOS @ 0x????????/131072
[  2664.003] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
[  2664.003] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/opengl/amdgpu-pro/extensions/libglx.so
[  2664.004] (II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[  2664.004]    compiled for 1.18.0, module version = 1.0.0
[  2664.004]    ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 9.0
[  2664.004] (==) AIGLX enabled
[  2664.004] (II) LoadModule: "amdgpu"
[  2664.004] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/opengl/amdgpu-pro/modules/drivers/amdgpu_drv.so
[  2664.005] (II) Module amdgpu: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[  2664.005]    compiled for 1.18.4, module version = 1.2.99
[  2664.005]    Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[  2664.005]    ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 20.0
[  2664.005] (II) AMDGPU: Driver for AMD Radeon:
        All GPUs supported by the amdgpu kernel driver
[  2664.005] (++) using VT number 7

[  2664.012] (II) [KMS] Kernel modesetting enabled.
[  2664.012] (II) AMDGPU(0): ShareFD: disabled
[  2664.013] (DB) AMDGPU(0): open fd=16
[  2664.014] (II) [KMS] Kernel modesetting enabled.
[  2664.014] (II) AMDGPU(1): ShareFD: disabled
[  2664.014] (DB) AMDGPU(1): open fd=19
[  2664.014] (EE) Screen 1 deleted because of no matching config section.
[  2664.014] (EE)
[  2664.014] (EE) Backtrace:
[  2664.014] (EE) 0: /usr/bin/X (xorg_backtrace+0x56) [0x58a706]
[  2664.014] (EE) 1: /usr/bin/X (0x400000+0x18e9a9) [0x58e9a9]
[  2664.014] (EE) 2: /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x7f4705485000+0x330e0) [0x7f47054b80e0]
[  2664.014] (EE) 3: /usr/lib64/opengl/amdgpu-pro/modules/drivers/amdgpu_drv.so (0x7f4702044000+0xddc2) [0x7f4702051dc2]
[  2664.014] (EE) 4: /usr/lib64/opengl/amdgpu-pro/modules/drivers/amdgpu_drv.so (0x7f4702044000+0x85be) [0x7f470204c5be]
[  2664.014] (EE) 5: /usr/lib64/opengl/amdgpu-pro/modules/drivers/amdgpu_drv.so (0x7f4702044000+0xcff3) [0x7f4702050ff3]
[  2664.014] (EE) 6: /usr/bin/X (xf86DeleteScreen+0x5a) [0x47f52a]
[  2664.014] (EE) 7: /usr/bin/X (xf86BusConfig+0x1dc) [0x46b3dc]
[  2664.015] (EE) 8: /usr/bin/X (InitOutput+0x996) [0x479936]
[  2664.015] (EE) 9: /usr/bin/X (0x400000+0x39264) [0x439264]
[  2664.015] (EE) 10: /lib64/libc.so.6 (__libc_start_main+0xf0) [0x7f47054a51e0]
[  2664.015] (EE) 11: /usr/bin/X (_start+0x29) [0x423759]
[  2664.015] (EE)
[  2664.015] (EE) Segmentation fault at address 0x0
[  2664.015] (EE)
Fatal server error:
[  2664.015] (EE) Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault). Server aborting
[  2664.015] (EE)
[  2664.015] (EE)
Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
         at http://wiki.x.org
 for help.
[  2664.015] (EE) Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.
[  2664.015] (EE)
[  2664.025] (EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.

------
paraw
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right BusId is 2:0:0, not 2:0:1.
Keep it 2:0:0, and in the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-screen.conf add
Code:
Section "Screen"
                Identifier      "Screen1"
                DefaultDepth    24
                SubSection      "Display"
                                Depth   24
                EndSubSection
EndSection

For the record, 2:0:1 is the integrated audio controller of your second card.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: