PHP 7 upgrade gives blank/white mythweb screen :-(
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gordonp
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: PHP 7 upgrade gives blank/white mythweb screen :-( Reply with quote

Today, PHP 7 was offerred as a stable upgrade (from previous php 5.6). I'm always happy to see substantial progress like this :-)

In this case, PHP 7 seems to have busted my MythWeb :-(

(for those who aren't sure: MythWeb is a web-interface for interacting with MythTV - in my case, I use this web-interface quite a bit, for checking on the status of my TV guide updates, completed and scheduled recordings, and to perform scheduling and cleanup of off-the-air TV recordings).

For the moment, I've pulled this one out of the fire by re-emerging =php-5.6.30 but I would rather be current with 7. 'emerge --depclean' still wants to scrub my php-5.6

Any suggestions for what I ought to do (I mean, for the stable long-term)? TIA!
Hu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this has not been reported to the maintainer of MythWeb, then you get to be the bearer of bad news. Try to gather as much information as you can about why it fails. Are there any errors logged when the client tries to load the page? Were there any configuration changes made by the upgrade, such as PHP features enabled or disabled?
saboya
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12588
gordonp
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank-you, Saboya (and Hu).

I did read your reference, saboya, and was hopeful that I would not have this mythweb blank screen for two reasons:

-the Archlinux user brought the problem up with MythTV folks over a year ago; the bug was filed against mythtv version 0.27.5 I am running Gentoo-stable mythtv version 0.27.6

-I made sure that PHP was compiled with the 'mysqli' USE-flag set, which I hoped would avoid this issue. But no :-(

It seems that perhaps Gentoo stable 0.27.6 just isn't far-enough advanced to include the myth fixes. I will consider unmasking the unstable 0.28 version (and the much-longer list of dependencies). Myth seems to be a "sensitive" package, and large updates (like this 0.27.6 to 0.28 ) tend to bring unexpected consequences... Google will be my close friend today, I think.

Thank you both,
Strunzdesign
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

today I updated my server and ran into the same problem: my mythweb website stopped working. However, the changelog of mythweb-0.27.6 states that it supports PHP 7 but to date Gentoo only offers the old version 0.27.5 of mythtv and mythweb. Thus, I created the ebuild for mythweb-0.27.6 by myself, just by copying it to my local repo at /usr/local/portage and by renaming it (+ ebuild digest, of course). It worked well, but it had a hard time finding the tarball first, until portage gave up and fetched the sources directly from the upstream servers (git). Currently I'm staying with mythtv-0.27.5, but maybe I should update it as well using the same copy&rename method.

Give it a try :-)

Regards,
Florian
Strunzdesign
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I filed a bug report / version bump request:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=612142

Regarding my previous post: portage does already contain media-tv/mythtv-0.27.6_p20160318, so please ignore that I wrote that I was still on 0.27.5... bullshit ;-)

Regards,
Florian
fudge
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I googled around a bit and found something that works for me with mythweb-0.27.5 and mythtv-0.27.6_p20160318-r1.

Download mysqli.patch and assignment.patch from here https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1213&p=6240#p6240

As root:
Code:

# cd /var/www/localhost/htdocs
# tar -cvzf mythweb.tgz mythweb
# cd mythweb
# /usr/bin/patch -p1 ~/mysqli.patch
# /usr/bin/patch -p1 ~/assignment.patch

Mythweb now works.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: