Gento based Media Center with Kodi
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bratackx
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:06 am    Post subject: Gento based Media Center with Kodi Reply with quote

Hello All,

I thought after many years I give another shot to Gentoo by using it to replace my existing OSMC based media center for the raspberry pi.

I have successfully followed the guide at: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

using the noobs image to install gento, there was only a small issue that your time server the script using is down but the install and emerge sync went well.

However I sadly notice the state of things are exactly the same as they were in 2006 when I give a shot to gentoo, even simple package builds like htop fail with errors. That this and that dev package is in conflict blah blah.

Now you can imagine what happened when I tried to follow the Kodi build guide... million things broke at the emerge.

Is there anyone who successfully built:

16 "Jarvis" (16.0, 16.1) February 2016 (original) 99 56 13 20 6 29 11 0
17 "Krypton" (17.0) February 2017 107 60 13 26 6 29 11 0

any of these kodis without Malware(d), sorry System(d) support? I would really appreciate a gentoo image like that what I can load on my sdcard or a fixed up version of that Kodi build guide what when I type in step by step it works not breaks.

Thank you!
Syl20
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know Raspberry Pi characteristics... But have you tried to start from a stage3 install ? The wiki says the stage4 image you use is outdated and unmaintained. I think there's a good reason behind this warning.

Could you give us some precise examples of errors you met ? Perhaps a few adjustments will be enough. And you'll be proud to have build yourself your own media center. :wink:
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search these forums. There was recently an announcement about a Pi3 image and the download link.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: