Looking for console-based imap filtering tool
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Small_Penguin
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Looking for console-based imap filtering tool Reply with quote

Hi,

I need an imap tool that can filter messages in the background. It should run all the time in a screen session and filter my mail, while i want to read my mail using a desktop mail reader like thunderbird. Automated mail like news letters should go to another folder or be deleted etc. I do not want to use thunderbird for this because it will not be active all the time, and I will also need to read my mail using other means (smartphone, webmail) where I do not want to be annoyed by unfiltered mail.

Any ideas / recommendations?
C5ace
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for console-based imap filtering tool Reply with quote

Small_Penguin wrote:
Hi,

I need an imap tool that can filter messages in the background. It should run all the time in a screen session and filter my mail, while i want to read my mail using a desktop mail reader like thunderbird. Automated mail like news letters should go to another folder or be deleted etc. I do not want to use thunderbird for this because it will not be active all the time, and I will also need to read my mail using other means (smartphone, webmail) where I do not want to be annoyed by unfiltered mail.

Any ideas / recommendations?

I use different IMAP accounts for personal mail, subscribed news letters, mail order (Amazon) mail and an account named "Spam" for making email inquiries that possibly result in receiving spam mails. The "Spam" account is only activated when I make an inquiry until I receive a reply.
Small_Penguin
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some investigation, I have found a solution which is in portage: imapfilter.
https://github.com/lefcha/imapfilter

This will solve all my needs.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: