Gentoo Web Server ideas and Help
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cowboy0629
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Gentoo Web Server ideas and Help Reply with quote

Hi All as you all know I am fairly new to the linux community but I think i have come along way in a short period of time... anyways I have apache server running.. and I have it hosting two seperate sites that i have been working on for a bit...here is what I want to do and I had this setup along time ago when I first tried to get into linux but a guy from the USA helped me do allot of it and I can't find the HDD with this setup on it.. it was also a Ubuntu server,,,

I want to host a website for my Karate Club (we are a small club without allot of money to spend on this stuff)

(1) Host website (running but would like to be able to have my friend log in and update pages etc himself not have to give me the stuff to add) (winblows user knows nothing about the backend)
(2) Have a gallery type software where people from the club can log in and add photos and galleries them self web based bu galleries view availible to public viewing (had this before but can't remember software used)
(3) maybe some way of allowing people to chat live with each other Im thinking something like phpbb or something simple

if anybody has any ideas for this project or could lend a hand getting it up and running I would be extremley greatful

Thanks in advance
Mike Dennison
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I quite like ZenPhoto ( http://www.zenphoto.org/ ). it isn't in portage, but is really simple to untar and setup.

It is predominantly a gallary toolkit, but it does have a very well maintained CMS to form a pseudo-blog/wordpress interface so you can write article and such (zenpages).

my headless runs nginx, php, mysql, zenphoto with regards to something similar
cowboy0629
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I found the software that was on my old server it was gallery but it looks like they are going out of service soon...

Zenphoto looks interesting..

once I lunch the site I really want it to be able to be maintained by the community of the club... so I can sort of forget about it if you know what I mean.. but I don't want just anyone to be able to access my servers....

Will Zenphoto allow me to setup a user account for people that can upload pictures to the gallery etc.. or is it kinda wide open thing... it also looks like zenPhoto could be used to run the entire site so I would not have to make a seperate website and like it to zenphoto..

Sorry I am new to this.. and i remember my site that a friend setup for me .. but he has passed from cancer so I'm 100% on my own.. my HTML coding skills are extremly basic so if this is the case is it hard to setup Zenphoto to be the entire site?

I hope I am explaining things correctly...

Mike D.
cowboy0629
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm trying to install zenphoto onto one of my sites but I keep getting this problem and no idea how to fix this but only way I am able to get to this website is from the external internet for some reason i can't see my pages from my local network...

Code:

Warning: filemtime(): stat failed for /var/www/public_html/cowboy0629.ddns.net/public/zp-data/zenphoto.cfg.php in /var/www/public_html/cowboy0629.ddns.net/public/zp-core/setup/index.php on line 108

Warning: fileperms(): stat failed for /var/www/public_html/cowboy0629.ddns.net/public/zp-data/zenphoto.cfg.php in /var/www/public_html/cowboy0629.ddns.net/public/zp-core/setup/setup-functions.php on line 592

Notice: Undefined variable: selected_database in /var/www/public_html/cowboy0629.ddns.net/public/zp-core/setup/index.php on line 306

Warning: fopen(/var/www/public_html/cowboy0629.ddns.net/public/zp-data/setup.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/public_html/cowboy0629.ddns.net/public/zp-core/setup/setup-functions.php on line 405

Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/public_html/cowboy0629.ddns.net/public/.htaccess): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/public_html/cowboy0629.ddns.net/public/zp-core/setup/index.php on line 370

Warning: fopen(/var/www/public_html/cowboy0629.ddns.net/public/zp-data/setup.log): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/public_html/cowboy0629.ddns.net/public/zp-core/setup/setup-functions.php on line 405

Zenphoto Setup Setup
Welcome to Zenphoto! This page will set up Zenphoto 1.4.14 on your web server.

Systems Check:
Installing Zenphoto v1.4.14

Warning: chdir(): Permission denied (errno 13) in /var/www/public_html/cowboy0629.ddns.net/public/zp-core/setup/index.php on line 579

Warning: fileperms(): stat failed for /var/www/public_html/cowboy0629.ddns.net/public/zp-data/zenphoto.cfg.php in /var/www/public_html/cowboy0629.ddns.net/public/zp-core/setup/index.php on line 584
zp-data security [is compromised]
Warning!

Zenphoto suggests you make the sensitive files in the zp-data folder accessable by owner only (permissions = 0600). The file permissions for zenphoto.cfg.php are 0000 which may allow unauthorized access.

PHP version 7.0.7-pl1-gentoo
PHP Sessions.
PHP Register Globals
PHP Safe Mode
PHP magic_quotes_gpc
PHP magic_quotes_runtime
PHP magic_quotes_sybase
PHP display_errors [is enabled]
Error!

This setting may result in PHP error messages being displayed on WEB pages. These displays may contain sensitive information about your site. Click here to acknowledge that you wish to ignore this issue. It will then become a warning.

PHP gettext() support
PHP flock support
PHP mbstring package
zenphoto.cfg.php file [does not exist]
Error!

Setup was not able to create this file. You will need to copy the zp-core/zenphoto_cfg.txt file to zp-data/zenphoto.cfg.php then edit it as indicated in the file’s comments.

Testing Database.

Notice: Undefined variable: confDB in /var/www/public_html/cowboy0629.ddns.net/public/zp-core/setup/index.php on line 961
PHP MySQLi support

Notice: Undefined variable: confDB in /var/www/public_html/cowboy0629.ddns.net/public/zp-core/setup/index.php on line 961
PHP PDO_MySQL support

tberger2
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be an KISS alternative.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboy0629 wrote:

Will Zenphoto allow me to setup a user account for people that can upload pictures to the gallery etc.. or is it kinda wide open thing... it also looks like zenPhoto could be used to run the entire site so I would not have to make a seperate website and like it to zenphoto..

Sorry I am new to this.. and i remember my site that a friend setup for me .. but he has passed from cancer so I'm 100% on my own.. my HTML coding skills are extremly basic so if this is the case is it hard to setup Zenphoto to be the entire site?

I hope I am explaining things correctly...

Mike D.

the admin page allows you to create users and give them upload access to all or some of the site. Yes Zenphoto can be the entire site (thats what I do)

also your error looks like a permissions issue
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
Personally I quite like ZenPhoto ( http://www.zenphoto.org/ ). it isn't in portage, but is really simple to untar and setup.

It is predominantly a gallary toolkit, but it does have a very well maintained CMS to form a pseudo-blog/wordpress interface so you can write article and such (zenpages).

my headless runs nginx, php, mysql, zenphoto with regards to something similar

Can I ask, how does nginx use php? With Apache there is a .so, .dll to load in the modules section. I just don't get it ( yet).
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spawn-fcgi
There are better ways but this works
cowboy0629
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:

the admin page allows you to create users and give them upload access to all or some of the site. Yes Zenphoto can be the entire site (thats what I do)

also your error looks like a permissions issue

sorry its been awhile since I posted a reply to you.. I have been working 2.5 hours away from home each way and just too tired to work with the server when I get home...

I was thinking it was permission errors but can't figure out how to fix the.... Do I have to run the setup from the local machine? Im trying to do it remote and keep getting this error.. My server is headless and tucked way back in a dark corner . Or does anyone know how to solve this problem....
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: