View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devsk
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject: KDE plasma settings for all users Reply with quote

I have 5 machines (laptops + desktops) at home which run the same gentoo squashfs image. I recently found out that settings for KDE 5 were reset to all system wide defaults when I logged in one laptop which was the only one updated (rest can just point to the new image, reboot and will get updated). There are many settings (pretty much everything) which were not taken from KDE 4 like mouse policy, autoraise, wallpapers and so on.

The question is: Can I make changes at the global level so that certain settings are applied to all users? So, I make changes, recreate the image, boot the second laptop, and it boots with let's say my mouse policy, not the default click-to-focus.

1. I looked at /etc/skel. There is no .config there. I created one and put some of the files I have got from laptop 1. The settings were not picked up.
2. There is /usr/share/config. I put some files in there, but were not recognized either.

Do I really have to manually copy stuff in every user's ~/.config folder for the settings to work? Can't I update system defaults for KDE 5?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: