Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
freedom of speech
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pakk
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: freedom of speech Reply with quote

thanks for censorship, apparently this forum is moderated by people who abuse of their power, that's not exactly the spirit I thought I would find in gnu/linux : ANARCHY FOR ALL ! ANARCHY NOW !
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: freedom of speech Reply with quote

pakk wrote:
thanks for censorship, apparently this forum is moderated by people who abuse of their power, that's not exactly the spirit I thought I would find in gnu/linux : ANARCHY FOR ALL ! ANARCHY NOW !

pakk ... wrong on all counts, firstly "freedom of speech" does not include a right to require others make a forum for you. If you want that form of "freedom" then I'd suggest you create one, but no doubt you would be calling abuse when someone else wrote something you didn't like. The gentoo forums isn't a public service, and as such it (or one of its representative agents) has a right to "censor" anything it deems a violation of its guidelines. You are confusing "censorship" with consequences.

Secondly, there is no such thing as "gnu/linux" :)

Thirdly, your populist notion of anarchy is flawed, I suggest you read Proudhon, specifically with regard to "spontaneous order", and pay close, and critical, attention.

best ... khay
pakk
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: freedom of speech Reply with quote

khayyam wrote:
pakk wrote:

pakk ... wrong on all counts, firstly "freedom of speech" does not include a right to require others make a forum for you. If you want that form of "freedom" then I'd suggest you create one, but no doubt you would be calling abuse when someone else wrote something you didn't like. The gentoo forums isn't a public service, and as such it (or one of its representative agents) has a right to "censor" anything it deems a violation of its guidelines. You are confusing "censorship" with consequences.

Secondly, there is no such thing as "gnu/linux" :)

Thirdly, your populist notion of anarchy is flawed, I suggest you read Proudhon, specifically with regard to "spontaneous order", and pay close, and critical, attention.

best ... khay

how do i create that form ?
xaviermiller
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://lmddgtfy.net/?q=create%20a%20forum
pakk
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xaviermiller wrote:
https://lmddgtfy.net/?q=create%20a%20forum

my mom said to me not to click on unknown links
beside that, i dont want to talk with a dictator
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to see that you can't improve your manners.
pakk
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asturm wrote:
Sad to see that you can't improve your manners.

why ?
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have learned how to ask for help, but then you can't take the help.
pakk
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asturm wrote:
You have learned how to ask for help, but then you can't take the help.

no, i disagree, i needed step by step help
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: freedom of speech Reply with quote

pakk wrote:
how do i create that form?

pakk ... apply yourself to the problem (and don't expect you can ride on others goodwill by asking "how do I apply myself to the problem?")

best ... khay
pakk
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: freedom of speech Reply with quote

khayyam wrote:
pakk wrote:

pakk ... apply yourself to the problem (and don't expect you can ride on others goodwill by asking "how do I apply myself to the problem?")

best ... khay

i dont get what you say. but prolly you are happy to say it and that's good for us.
roki942
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: freedom of speech Reply with quote

pakk wrote:
khayyam wrote:
pakk wrote:

best ... khay

i dont get what you say. but prolly you are happy to say it and that's good for us.

oh wow! is this a next generation bot or too many holiday sugar cookies?
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: freedom of speech Reply with quote

roki942 wrote:
oh wow! is this a next generation bot or too many holiday sugar cookies?

They even played the Trump card already. Not sure if...
NeddySeagoon
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pakk,

Poeple starting out with Gentoo are ignorant of Gentoo. That's taken as read, its a whole new experience.
Likewise, people starting out with Linux are ignorant of Linux for the same reason.
Both groups have a lot to learn.

Then there are a few users in both groups at the same time. They chose Gentoo as their first Linux.
All those that stay with Gentoo and Linux have two things in common.

a willingness to learn
    an ability to help themselves when pointed in the right general direction

That enables everyone working together to address the ignorance with education.
Just like any education, there is a body of written material that you need to be aware of so that you can refer to it
and even help improve.

I'm at a loss to respond to feedback like "it didn't work".
Where should I start ... plug in the PC, plug in the display, connect the display the the PC, plug in the mouse, plug in the keyboard ... check the fuses ...
That detailed level of help should not be required. If it is, Linux is not for you, never mind Gentoo.

The above example is only intended to illustrate that helpers and the helped have unwritten uncommunicated expectations of one
another that need to be met before help is communicated.

You need to help us help you by saying what didn't work.
Show the command you gave, the response you got, what happened and what you expected to happen.

Oh .. The Gentoo forums do not provide you with a venue for free speech. They are a Gentoo resource.
You posts/threads may be split or merged or otherwise move around by forum moderators.

NeddySeagoon

Computer users fall into two groups:-
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"sigh" obligatory XKCD...

http://xkcd.com/1357/

Quote:
Public Service Announcement:
The Right to Free Speech means the government can't arrest you for what you say.
It doesn't mean that anyone else has to listen to your BS, or host you while you share it.The 1st amendment doesn't shield you from criticism or consequences.
If you're yelled at, boycotted, have your show canceled, or get banned from an Internet community, your free speech rights aren't being violated.
It's just that the people listening think you're an a$$hole, and they're showing you the door.

Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been around since 9600 baud modem was the state of art, participating in the usenet. I can tell from experience this is true:
Quote:
We've found by experience that people who are careless and sloppy writers are usually also careless and sloppy at thinking and coding (often enough to bet on, anyway). Answering questions for careless and sloppy thinkers is not rewarding; we'd rather spend our time elsewhere.

Quoted from here.
Logicien
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: freedom of speech Reply with quote

pakk wrote:

pakk,

what you say is that moderators on the Gentoo forum apparently abuse of their power to do censorship. 'apparently' is not an enough solid argument to prove anything. You need to give us concrete exemples of censorship to be taken seriously. Richard Stallman say that Free Softwares are in the spirit of Free Speech.
pakk
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont care if im asshole and bad in computer, prolly i dont trust in my skills, think what you want. now if you have been offended, i feel sorry and i might apologize
1clue
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@pakk,

If you're an anarchist you're absolutely, positively on the wrong forum. I seriously doubt you'll find a lot of like-minded people here. I'm pretty sure a moderator has shown you the code of conduct: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/council/coc.xml . I'm pretty sure somebody mentioned netiquette: http://www.albion.com/netiquette/corerules.html . This forum is full of rules, and we all abide and even help enforce them in order to keep this collection of like-minded individuals a happy place to be.

If someone told you Linux users are breaking the rules and working against society then you have been horribly misinformed. Linux is the workhorse upon which the Internet operates. Many of the users here are computing professionals. We're interested in learning and in helping people who want to learn. We write software which helps site maintainers enforce rules on the users who connect with those sites.

You, based on the evidence of this thread, don't seem to be interested in learning as much as you're interested in getting a lot of attention. If you get yourself kicked off the forum then based on the evidence in this discussion I think no other forum members will miss you.

Good luck in your endeavors.
1clue
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's curious how when I searched the memberlist for your account I ran into two users created today: pakkk and pakkkk. Who could have opened these new accounts on the same day you started an anarchy thread? What could they be intended for?
pakk
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1clue wrote:
It's curious how when I searched the memberlist for your account I ran into two users created today: pakkk and pakkkk. Who could have opened these new accounts on the same day you started an anarchy thread? What could they be intended for?

i could not log in with this account, I was banned. but i found a trick
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pakk wrote:

pakk ... which, whatever the case, is a contrary to the guidlines:

Quote:
16. Multiple accounts - Each person should have only one account. If you get banned for some reason and simply create another account, it might get banned the minute the moderators become aware of it.
pakk
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khayyam wrote:
pakk wrote:

pakk ... which, whatever the case, is a contrary to the guidlines:

Quote:
16. Multiple accounts - Each person should have only one account. If you get banned for some reason and simply create another account, it might get banned the minute the moderators become aware of it.

i havent activate them
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pakk wrote:
I was banned. but i found a trick

pakk wrote:
i havent activate them

pakk ... read: "[i]f you get banned for some reason and simply create another account". So if you're "banned", as you say, then you're banned, and if you create another account, as you did, then that too is a violation of the guidelines.
1clue
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You activated the accounts the moment you created them.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: