Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[solved] How to remove sddm and replace it with lightdm?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lokesh
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject: [solved] How to remove sddm and replace it with lightdm? Reply with quote

Hello,
facing considerable and repeated problem with sddm I would like to get rid of it https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1055488.html.

Seems impossible. I tried
Code:
1) added "-sddm" to the USE variables in /etc/make.conf
2)emerge -auDvN world
Nothing has changed. So I tried
Code:
USE=-sddm emerge -av plasma-meta
but the package seems to be entirely unaffected. Running
Code:
equery d sddm
 * These packages depend on sddm:
kde-plasma/plasma-meta-5.7.5 (sddm ? x11-misc/sddm)
kde-plasma/sddm-kcm-5.7.5 (x11-misc/sddm)
gives an output I do not understand.

What do I have to do to remove sddm and replace it with lightdm? I emerged lightdm and put it into the /etc/conf.d/xdm file as per wiki. That resulted in a crash, I was kicked to a terminal.

I am quite new to Gentoo, some explanatory advice would be preferred...

Lokesh

Last edited by Lokesh on Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Maxxx
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unmerge sddm and follow https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/LightDM
Fitzcarraldo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently using Plasma 5.7.5 in Gentoo Stable on my Clevo W230SS laptop. I managed to get LightDM and Plasma 5 working with nvidia-drivers by doing the following:

1. Merged x11-misc/lightdm.
2. Re-merged kde-plasma/plasma-meta with USE="-sddm".
3. Removed the x11-misc/sddm package and kde-plasma/sddm-kcm package by using the command ‘emerge --ask --depclean‘.
4. Edited the file /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf to add the line ‘greeter-session=lightdm-kde-greeter‘ as specified in Gentoo Wiki article LightDM.
5. Edited the file /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf to add the line ‘display-setup-script=/etc/X11/Sessions/plasma‘ (any file name would do).
6. Created the above-mentioned Bash script /etc/X11/Sessions/plasma containing the following:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
GPU=`eselect opengl list | grep \* | awk '{ print $2 }'`
if [ "$GPU" = "nvidia" ]; then
    xrandr --setprovideroutputsource modesetting NVIDIA-0
    xrandr --auto
fi

7. Made sure DISPLAYMANAGER="lightdm" in /etc/conf.d/xdm.
8. Made sure /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf contains:

Code:
$ grep -v ^# /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
[LightDM]

session-wrapper=/etc/lightdm/Xsession
[Seat:*]
greeter-session=lightdm-kde-greeter
session-wrapper=/etc/lightdm/Xsession
display-setup-script=/etc/X11/Sessions/plasma

[XDMCPServer]

[VNCServer]

9. Created the file /etc/lightdm/lightdm-kde-greeter.conf with the following contents:

Code:
[greeter]
theme-name=classic

[greeter-settings]
Background=/home/fitzcarraldo/Pictures/Wallpaper/Linux/kde-1920x1080.jpg
BackgroundKeepAspectRatio=true
GreetMessage=Welcome to %hostname%

10. Downloaded a nice KDE wallpaper file from the Web, which I saved as /home/fitzcarraldo/Pictures/Wallpaper/Linux/kde-1920x1080.jpg (I could have saved it anywhere I liked and given it any name I wanted).

I found that the package manager had installed two themes, so I could have specified either the 'classic' or 'userbar' theme:

Code:
$ ls /usr/share/apps/lightdm-kde-greeter/themes/
classic  userbar

Fitzcarraldo's blog
Lokesh
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitzcarraldo wrote:
I'm currently using Plasma 5.7.5 in Gentoo Stable on my Clevo W230SS laptop. I managed to get LightDM and Plasma 5 working with nvidia-drivers by doing the following:

1. Merged x11-misc/lightdm.
2. Re-merged kde-plasma/plasma-meta with USE="-sddm".
3. Removed the x11-misc/sddm package and kde-plasma/sddm-kcm package by using the command ‘emerge --ask --depclean‘.
4. Edited the file /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf to add the line ‘greeter-session=lightdm-kde-greeter‘ as specified in Gentoo Wiki article LightDM.
5. Edited the file /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf to add the line ‘display-setup-script=/etc/X11/Sessions/plasma‘ (any file name would do).
6. Created the above-mentioned Bash script /etc/X11/Sessions/plasma containing the following:
Hello Fitzcarraldo
I saw your post elsewhere. It was that what I tried to follow. I did
Code:
1) emerge -av lightdm
2) USE=-sddm emerge plasma-meta
3) emerge --ask --depclean
This has left sddm happy and alive on my system. Did I do something wrong?

BTW, re: 4), the default greeter-session in my lightdm.conf is "light-dm-kde-greeter" rather than "lightdm-kde-greeter". ???

Do I need 5) and 6)?

No. 7) was done accordingly.
Fitzcarraldo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lokesh wrote:
This has left sddm happy and alive on my system.

In which case unmerge it explicitly:

Code:
emerge --ask --depclean sddm sddm-kcm

Lokesh wrote:
BTW, re: 4), the default greeter-session in my lightdm.conf is "light-dm-kde-greeter" rather than "lightdm-kde-greeter". ???

Mine is definitely 'lightdm-kde-greeter', not 'light-dm-kde-greeter', as shown below:

Code:
# locate light-dm-kde-greeter
# grep kde-greeter /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
greeter-session=lightdm-kde-greeter
# ls /usr/sbin/light*
/usr/sbin/lightdm  /usr/sbin/lightdm-kde-greeter
# locate lightdm-kde-greeter | grep conf
/etc/lightdm/lightdm-kde-greeter.conf
/usr/share/apps/lightdm-kde-greeter/themes/classic/config.ui
/usr/share/apps/lightdm-kde-greeter/themes/userbar/config.ui
# locate light-dm-kde-greeter | grep conf
#

Lokesh wrote:
Do I need 5) and 6)?

I found them to be essential when using nvidia-drivers. If you're not using nvidia-drivers, then not required. If you're using nvidia-drivers, you can try with and without.

Fitzcarraldo's blog
Lokesh
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Fitzcarraldo"]emerge --ask --depclean sddm sddm-kcm[/code]
I shall do that tomorrow.

Fitzcarraldo wrote:
I found them to be essential when using nvidia-drivers. If you're not using nvidia-drivers, then not required. If you're using nvidia-drivers, you can try with and without.
Fortunately I don't have an NVidia card, just onboard Intel.
sebB
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't x11-misc/sddm in your world file?
Have you do any changes in your package.use?

Can you post your emerge --info and emerge -pv plasma-meta.
Lokesh
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sebB wrote:
Can you post your emerge --info and emerge -pv plasma-meta.

Already posted it but my reply disappeared, aliens are acting against me :(
Code:
emerge --info
Passwort:
Portage 2.3.0 (python 2.7.12-final-0, default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop/plasma, gcc-4.9.3, glibc-2.22-r4, 4.4.26-gentoo x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-4.4.26-gentoo-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-_i5-4570_CPU_@_3.20GHz-with-gentoo-2.2
KiB Mem:     8046820 total,   6638708 free
KiB Swap:          0 total,         0 free
Timestamp of repository gentoo: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 07:00:01 +0000
sh bash 4.3_p48
ld GNU ld (Gentoo 2.25.1 p1.1) 2.25.1
app-shells/bash:          4.3_p48::gentoo
dev-lang/perl:            5.22.2::gentoo
dev-lang/python:          2.7.12::gentoo, 3.4.5::gentoo
dev-util/cmake:           3.5.2-r1::gentoo
dev-util/pkgconfig:       0.28-r2::gentoo
sys-apps/baselayout:      2.2::gentoo
sys-apps/openrc:          0.22.4::gentoo
sys-apps/sandbox:         2.10-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/autoconf:       2.13::gentoo, 2.69::gentoo
sys-devel/automake:       1.14.1::gentoo, 1.15::gentoo
sys-devel/binutils:       2.25.1-r1::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc:            4.9.3::gentoo
sys-devel/gcc-config:     1.7.3::gentoo
sys-devel/libtool:        2.4.6::gentoo
sys-devel/make:           4.1-r1::gentoo
sys-kernel/linux-headers: 4.3::gentoo (virtual/os-headers)
sys-libs/glibc:           2.22-r4::gentoo
Repositories:

gentoo
    sync-type: rsync
    sync-uri: rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage
    priority: -1000

ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"                                                                                                             
ACCEPT_LICENSE=""                                                                                                           
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"                                                                                                         
CFLAGS="-march=haswell -O2 -pipe"                                                                                                   
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"                                                                                                         
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/sofficerc /usr/share/config /usr/share/gnupg/qualified.txt"                     
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/dconf /etc/env.d /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"                                                                                               
CXXFLAGS="-march=haswell -O2 -pipe"                                                                                                 
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"                                                                                                     
FCFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"                                                                                                                 
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-logs config-protect-if-modified distlocks ebuild-locks fixlafiles merge-sync news parallel-fetch preserve-libs protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch userpriv usersandbox usersync xattr"                                                                                                                         
FFLAGS="-O2 -pipe"                                                                                                                   
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org"                                                                                         
LANG="fr_FR.utf8"                                                                                                                   
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"                                                                                                   
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"                                                                                                       
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"                                                                                                               
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --omit-dir-times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --human-readable --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --exclude=/.git"                         
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"                                                                                                           
USE="X a52 aac acl acpi aes alsa amd64 avx avx2 berkdb branding bzip2 cairo cdda cdr cli consolekit cracklib crypt cups cxx dbus declarative dri dts dvd dvdr efi-64 emboss encode exif fam ffmpeg firefox flac fma3 fortran gdbm gif glamor gpm iconv jpeg kde kipi lame lcms ldap libnotify mad mmx mmxext mng modules mp3 mp4 mpeg multilib ncurses nls nptl ogg opengl openmp pam pango pcre pdf phonon plasma png policykit popcnt ppds qml qt3support qt4 qt5 readline sdl seccomp semantic-desktop session spell sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssl ssse3 startup-notification svg tcpd tiff truetype udev udisk udisks unicode upower usb vorbis widgets wxwidgets x264 xattr xcb xcomposite xinerama xml xscreensaver xv xvid zlib" ABI_X86="64" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" APACHE2_MODULES="authn_core authz_core socache_shmcb unixd actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CALLIGRA_FEATURES="kexi words flow plan sheets stage tables krita karbon braindump author" CAMERAS="ptp2" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" CPU_FLAGS_X86="aes avx avx2 fma3 mmx mmxext popcnt sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ublox ubx" INPUT_DEVICES="evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LIBREOFFICE_EXTENSIONS="presenter-console presenter-minimizer" OFFICE_IMPLEMENTATION="libreoffice" PHP_TARGETS="php5-6" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby20 ruby21" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="intel i965" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  CC, CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, CXX, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LC_ALL, MAKEOPTS, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS, USE_PYTHON

I already did an USE=-sddm emerge plasma-meta, but w/o putting "-sddm" into the make.conf. So the output still looks like:
Code:
emerge -pv plasma-meta

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R    ] kde-plasma/plasma-meta-5.7.5:5::gentoo  USE="display-manager handbook pam sddm* wallpapers -bluetooth -grub -gtk -mediacenter -networkmanager -plymouth -pulseaudio -sdk" 0 KiB

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 KiB

sebB
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your output say that sddm is not enabled and emerge plasma-meta wants to enable it
Lokesh wrote:
1) emerge -av lightdm
2) USE=-sddm emerge plasma-meta
3) emerge --ask --depclean

You forgot to add into step 2 and 3 in your package.use
Code:
kde-plasma/plasma-meta -sddm

You can try
Code:
echo kde-plasma/plasma-meta -sddm >> /etc/portage/package.use
emerge -uDNv @world
emerge --depclean

If this don't work, post your package.use and your world file (lightdm is installed by the diplay-manager USE, so you don't have to install it manually)
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using USE flags
Lokesh
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the impression that the lightdm wiki is oudated:
    /etc/lightdm/lightdm-kde-greeter.conf does not exist
    greeter-session=lightdm-kde-greeter was set but is ignored, as per log below
    The LightDM KDE greeter also provides a KCM (KDE Control Module), which appears in the System Settings under System Administration → Login Screen (LightDM) no, I do not see anything there
I had a loook at the log:
Code:
cat /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log
Passwort:
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Starting Light Display Manager 1.16.7, UID=0 PID=3811
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from /usr/local/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from /etc/xdg/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration from /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Using D-Bus name org.freedesktop.DisplayManager
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Registered seat module xlocal
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Registered seat module xremote
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Registered seat module unity
[+0.01s] WARNING: Failed to get list of logind seats: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.login1 was not provided by any .service files
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Adding default seat
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Loading properties from config section Seat:*
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Starting
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Creating greeter session
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Failed to find session configuration lightdm-gtk-greeter
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Failed to create greeter session

So is the lightdm package buggy, or, do I have to properly remove sddm first as per advise from sebB?
Lokesh
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your input, sebB. Unfortunately, there is no change upon your suggestions, i.e.
sebB wrote:
echo kde-plasma/plasma-meta -sddm >> /etc/portage/package.use
emerge -uDNv @world
emerge --depclean

The latter two commands resulted in "nothing to merge; quitting" and "No packages selected for removal by depclean" :evil:
[quote="sebB"If this don't work, post your package.use and your world file (lightdm is installed by the diplay-manager USE, so you don't have to install it manually)[/quote]
I am having individual files, so package.use is a directory on my system. Here are the lightdm uand kde file:
Code:
sudo cat /etc/portage/package.use/lightdm
x11-misc/lightdm de
# required by app-office/libreoffice-5.1.4.2::gentoo
# required by app-office/libreoffice (argument)
>=media-libs/harfbuzz-1.3.1 icu

sudo cat /etc/portage/package.use/kde
kde-plasma/plasma-meta -sddm

And here is my world file:
Code:
sudo eix --world -c | grep kde
[I] kde-apps/ark (16.04.3(5)@21.11.2016): KDE Archiving tool
[I] kde-apps/dolphin (16.04.3(5)@17.11.2016): Plasma filemanager focusing on usability
[I] kde-apps/gwenview (16.04.3(5)@17.11.2016): KDE image viewer
[I] kde-apps/kate (16.04.3(5)@17.11.2016): Kate is an advanced text editor
[I] kde-apps/kdeadmin-meta (16.04.3(5)@16.11.2016): KDE administration tools - merge this to pull in all kdeadmin-derived packages
[I] kde-apps/kmix (16.04.3-r1(5)@21.11.2016): Plasma mixer gui
[I] kde-apps/konsole (16.04.3(5)@17.11.2016): KDE's terminal emulator
[I] kde-apps/kpat (16.04.3(5)@21.11.2016): KDE patience game
[I] kde-apps/okular (16.04.3(4)@21.11.2016): Universal document viewer based on KPDF
[I] kde-plasma/kdeplasma-addons (5.7.5(5)@16.11.2016): Extra Plasma applets and engines
[I] kde-plasma/kwallet-pam (5.7.5(5)@16.11.2016): KWallet PAM module to not enter password again
[I] kde-plasma/plasma-meta (5.7.5(5)@02.12.2016): Merge this to pull in all Plasma 5 packages
[I] kde-plasma/plasma-nm (5.7.5(5)@16.11.2016): KDE Plasma applet for NetworkManager
[I] kde-plasma/sddm-kcm (5.7.5(5)@04.12.2016): KDE Plasma control module for SDDM
[I] x11-misc/lightdm-kde (0.3.2.1-r1(4)@04.12.2016): LightDM KDE greeter
[I] x11-misc/sddm (0.13.0-r3@04.12.2016): Simple Desktop Display Manager

This is the output after running the above commands -emerge -uDNv @world emerge --depclean!
I am getting mad, sddm does not go away.
sebB
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lokesh wrote:
And here is my world file:

No post
Code:
cat /var/lib/portage/world
Lokesh
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
 cat /var/lib/portage/world
app-admin/sudo
app-admin/sysklogd
app-office/libreoffice
app-portage/cpuid2cpuflags
app-portage/eix
app-portage/gentoolkit
app-portage/layman
kde-apps/ark
kde-apps/dolphin
kde-apps/gwenview
kde-apps/kate
kde-apps/kdeadmin-meta
kde-apps/kmix
kde-apps/konsole
kde-apps/kpat
kde-apps/okular
kde-plasma/kdeplasma-addons
kde-plasma/kwallet-pam
kde-plasma/plasma-meta
kde-plasma/plasma-nm
kde-plasma/sddm-kcm
mail-client/thunderbird
media-gfx/xsane
media-libs/mesa
media-sound/apulse
net-misc/dhcpcd
net-misc/netifrc
net-misc/ntp
net-misc/openssh
sys-apps/pciutils
sys-apps/usbutils
sys-block/partitionmanager
sys-boot/grub:2
sys-boot/os-prober
sys-fs/dosfstools
sys-kernel/genkernel
sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
sys-kernel/linux-firmware
www-client/firefox
x11-misc/lightdm-kde
x11-misc/sddm

asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, sddm is in your world file.
sebB
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
emerge --deselect  x11-misc/lightdm-kde  x11-misc/sddm

Then emerge --deplean

Have a look here
Lokesh
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sebB wrote:
Code:
emerge --deselect  x11-misc/lightdm-kde  x11-misc/sddm

Then emerge --deplean

I did it but was blamed with "did you firts do a "emerge --update --newuse --deep --with-bdeps=y @world"?
Did it, ran emerge --depclean again. SDDM was kicked out and lightdm pulled in :D .

BUT: Before rebooting, I made the neccessary changes to
Code:
nano /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
greeter-session = lightdm-kde-greeter
and to
Code:
nano /etc/conf.d/xdm
DISPLAYMANAGER="lightdm"

Rebooted and...X did not start. The reason is given in the log, which I cannot explain:
Code:
cat /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Logging to /var/log/lightdm/lightdm.log
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Starting Light Display Manager 1.16.7, UID=0 PID=3799
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from /usr/local/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration dirs from /etc/xdg/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Loading configuration from /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Using D-Bus name org.freedesktop.DisplayManager
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Registered seat module xlocal
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Registered seat module xremote
[+0.00s] DEBUG: Registered seat module unity
[+0.01s] WARNING: Failed to get list of logind seats: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.login1 was not provided by any .service files
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Adding default seat
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Loading properties from config section Seat:*
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Starting
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Creating greeter session
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Failed to find session configuration lightdm-gtk-greeter
[+0.01s] DEBUG: Seat seat0: Failed to create greeter session

:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:
guitou
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Quote:
Code:
nano /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
greeter-session = lightdm-kde-greeter

Quote:
Code:

There is obviously something wrong here. Are you sure you saved your changes to config file?

++
Gi)
Lokesh
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guitou wrote:
There is obviously something wrong here. Are you sure you saved your changes to config file?

100% sure. Though I noticed that there are no configuration files for the greeters, like /etc/lightdm/lightdm-kde-greeter.conf. I created an empty one with no difference. :(

The initial question is solved, I mark the thread accordingly. For lightdm I will open another one.

Thanks again for your help.

Lokesh
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: