media-video/ffmpeg 3.1.5 - how?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xywa
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: media-video/ffmpeg 3.1.5 - how? Reply with quote

Hi,

I am tryning to mask, unmask media-video/ffmpeg to get 3.1.5 version, but I could only have 2.8.8 version or 9999 version:
https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/media-video/ffmpeg

How to get 3.1.5 version?
Perfect Gentleman
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unmask it
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: media-video/ffmpeg 3.1.5 - how? Reply with quote

Xywa wrote:

You need to add =media-video/ffmpeg-3.1.5 in package.unmask and package.accept_keywords, because is hard masked
Perfect Gentleman
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no need in modifying package.accept_keywords file.
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect Gentleman wrote:
there is no need in modifying package.accept_keywords file.

You are sure? You are in ~arch system? I tried but I need to add also in accept_keywords
Code:
# echo "=media-video/ffmpeg-3.1.5" >> /etc/portage/package.unmask/ffmpeg
# emerge =media-video/ffmpeg-3.1.5

The following keyword changes are necessary to proceed:
 (see "package.accept_keywords" in the portage(5) man page for more details)
# required by =media-video/ffmpeg-3.1.5 (argument)
=media-video/ffmpeg-3.1.5 ~amd64

Xywa
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: media-video/ffmpeg 3.1.5 - how? Reply with quote

fedeliallalinea wrote:
Xywa wrote:

You need to add =media-video/ffmpeg-3.1.5 in package.unmask and package.accept_keywords, because is hard masked

Thanks! This did the trick^^. How did you know is hard masked?

And I have such conflicts bellow. What does it mean? Eg. media-video/ffmpeg:0/54.56.56= required by
Code:
# emerge -p --verbose-conflicts ffmpeg

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild     U #] media-video/ffmpeg-3.1.5 [2.8.8] USE="-chromaprint% -ebur128% -gcrypt% -gmp% -kvazaar% -libilbc% (-mmal) -nvenc% -openh264% -rubberband% -zimg%" CPU_FLAGS_X86="aes%*"

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

media-video/ffmpeg:0

(media-video/ffmpeg-3.1.5:0/55.57.57::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    media-video/ffmpeg (Argument)

(media-video/ffmpeg-2.8.8:0/54.56.56::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    media-video/ffmpeg:0/54.56.56= required by (media-libs/opencv-3.1.0-r5:0/3.1::gentoo, installed)
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                     
    >=media-video/ffmpeg-2.4.0:0/54.56.56=[encode,threads,vaapi,vdpau] required by (media-video/mpv-0.9.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed)
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                             
    media-video/ffmpeg:0/54.56.56= required by (media-libs/gegl-0.2.0-r2:0/0::gentoo, installed)
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                 
    >=media-video/ffmpeg-2.2:0/54.56.56= required by (media-video/vlc-2.2.4:0/5-8::gentoo, installed)
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                 
    media-video/ffmpeg:0/54.56.56=[x264,mp3,encode,theora] required by (media-gfx/blender-2.72b-r4:0/0::gentoo, installed)
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                           
    media-video/ffmpeg:0/54.56.56= required by (app-cdr/k3b-2.0.3-r2:4/4::gentoo, installed)
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                             
    media-video/ffmpeg:0/54.56.56= required by (kde-apps/ffmpegthumbs-16.04.3:5/5::gentoo, installed)
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                       
    media-video/ffmpeg:0/54.56.56= required by (media-video/vlc-2.2.4:0/5-8::gentoo, installed)
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                 
    media-video/ffmpeg:0/54.56.56=[x264] required by (media-video/obs-studio-0.15.3:0/0::gentoo, installed)
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                             
    <=media-video/ffmpeg-2.9:0/54.56.56=[vaapi] required by (media-video/vlc-2.2.4:0/5-8::gentoo, installed)
    ^^                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                             
    <media-video/ffmpeg-3.0 required by (media-video/mpv-0.9.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed)
    ^                   ^^^                                                                                                                     
    media-video/ffmpeg:0/54.56.56=[vdpau] required by (media-libs/mlt-6.2.0-r2:0/0::gentoo, installed)
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                       
    <=media-video/ffmpeg-2.9:0/54.56.56= required by (media-video/vlc-2.2.4:0/5-8::gentoo, installed)
    ^^                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                                       
    media-video/ffmpeg:0/54.56.56= required by (kde-frameworks/kfilemetadata-5.26.0-r1:5/5.26::gentoo, installed)
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^                                                                                                                   

It may be possible to solve this problem by using package.mask to
prevent one of those packages from being selected. However, it is also
possible that conflicting dependencies exist such that they are
impossible to satisfy simultaneously.  If such a conflict exists in
the dependencies of two different packages, then those packages can
not be installed simultaneously. You may want to try a larger value of
the --backtrack option, such as --backtrack=30, in order to see if
that will solve this conflict automatically.

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man
page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

!!! The following installed packages are masked:
- media-video/ffmpeg-2.8.8::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
Perfect Gentleman
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fedeliallalinea wrote:
You are sure? You are in ~arch system? I tried but I need to add also in accept_keywords

I'm on ~amd64 so i'm sure.
Code:
~ $ cat /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords | grep -i ffmpeg
~ $
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~ $ cat /etc/portage/package.unmask | grep -i ffmpeg
media-video/ffmpeg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~ $ qlist -Iv ffmpeg
media-video/ffmpeg-3.2
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect Gentleman wrote:
I'm on ~amd64 so i'm sure.

If you are in ~amd64 package.accept_keywords can be skipped, but in a stable system no
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: media-video/ffmpeg 3.1.5 - how? Reply with quote

Xywa wrote:
Thanks! This did the trick^^. How did you know is hard masked?

With eix hard masked packages are marked so [M]~3.1.4

Xywa wrote:
And I have such conflicts bellow. What does it mean? Eg. media-video/ffmpeg:0/54.56.56= required by

I need to see if masked package of this conflict can compile (and run) with ffmpeg-3.x.x.
For example mpv-0.9.2-r1 need <ffmpeg-3.0 but >=mpv-0.20 can run with >=ffmpeg-3.0
ct85711
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
(media-video/ffmpeg-3.1.5:0/55.57.57::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by

Quote:
<=media-video/ffmpeg-2.9:0/54.56.56= required by (media-video/vlc-2.2.4:0/5-8::gentoo, installed)

Generally, when it says ...= required, it means that package needs to be recompiled along with it (no that rebuild dependency portion does not work properly for this stuff, especially dealing with slots/subslots).

Now the line I quoted above, is going to be an issue, as the installed version of vlc does NOT support the new version of ffmpeg.
Xywa
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ct85711 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Generally, when it says ...= required, it means that package needs to be recompiled along with it (no that rebuild dependency portion does not work properly for this stuff, especially dealing with slots/subslots).

Now the line I quoted above, is going to be an issue, as the installed version of vlc does NOT support the new version of ffmpeg.

Quote:
I need to see if masked package of this conflict can compile (and run) with ffmpeg-3.x.x.
For example mpv-0.9.2-r1 need <ffmpeg-3.0 but >=mpv-0.20 can run with >=ffmpeg-3.0

[1] I understand this, as there is some conflict. But how do you know this - which version support eg >=ffmpeg-3.0? As there are few ~amd64 in eg. mpv case.
https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/media-video/mpv

[2] And what eg this part says, and what needs to be done (as I have the newest opencv):
Code:
    media-video/ffmpeg:0/54.56.56= required by (media-libs/opencv-3.1.0-r5:0/3.1::gentoo, installed)

[3] How to unmask vlc 9999?
I have it in package.unmask
Code:
=media-video/vlc-9999

and package.accept.keywords
Code:
media-video/vlc ~amd64

but
Code:
*  media-video/vlc
      Latest version available: 2.2.4
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xywa wrote:
[1] I understand this, as there is some conflict. But how do you know this - which version support eg >=ffmpeg-3.0? As there are few ~amd64 in eg. mpv case.
https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/media-video/mpv

You can look in ebuild with grep command
Code:
$ grep ffmpeg /usr/portage/media-video/mpv/*.ebuild

Xywa wrote:
[2] And what eg this part says, and what needs to be done (as I have the newest opencv):
Code:

In this case, as mentioned by ct85711, you can launch
Code:
# emerge ffmpeg opencv ...

Xywa wrote:
[3] How to unmask vlc 9999?

You can unmask with
Code:
# echo "=media-video/vlc-9999 **" >> /etc/portage/package.accept_keyworks

Xywa
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks!

I did everything, so huge step forward, but there were other problems with dependency packages, and the system still were asking for an old ffmpeg. So I gave up...
But will be waiting for >3.0 ffmpeg in ~amd64 tree.

I needed it for testing a new kdenlive as someone was saying a bug only exist on Gentoo systems, but last night was a confirmation from arch user about the same problem, so I do not to need to test it with newest ffmpeg (as apart of that I have only the newest packages).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: