toshiba pcmcia-cs problems
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psychomemetitron
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: toshiba pcmcia-cs problems Reply with quote

toshiba notebook fails to emerge any version of wlan-ng or pcmcia-cs under 2.6.1-mm1 with pcmcia cardbus enabled as well as pcmcia support for orinoco cards. compiled 2.4.24 vanilla sources and had success emerging wlan-ng but never pcmcia-cs. any thoughts?
dc2rpt
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: toshiba pcmcia-cs problems Reply with quote

Hi

psychomemetitron wrote:
toshiba notebook fails to emerge any version of wlan-ng or pcmcia-cs under 2.6.1-mm1 with pcmcia cardbus enabled as well as pcmcia support for orinoco cards. compiled 2.4.24 vanilla sources and had success emerging wlan-ng but never pcmcia-cs. any thoughts?

Ok, step by step:
I use the orinoco_cs drivers, which are already in ne normal kernel (2.4 & also 2.6). To configure them, i emerged the wireless-tools. AFAIK you need linux-lan-ng only, if you use a prism-chipset.

At the Moment pcmcia-cs-3.2.4 is the "normal"/unmasked version in portage. But for kernel 2.6 you need at least pcmcia-cs-3.2.5. So just emerge ne newer version, which is masked at the moment.

cu Thomas
psychomemetitron
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the masked version fails as well. i upgraded tp 2.6.1-mm4 but pcmcia-cs continued to fail. commented out problem (incomplete?) line in compat.h. finally installed. linux-wlan-ng unfortunately depends on pcmcia-cs-3.2.4. is wlan-ng neccesary? i plan on using a proxim harmony (orinoco_cs) and an atheros integrated wireless card. thoughts?
tom_p
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

psychomemetitron wrote:
the masked version fails as well. i upgraded tp 2.6.1-mm4 but pcmcia-cs continued to fail. commented out problem (incomplete?) line in compat.h. finally installed. linux-wlan-ng unfortunately depends on pcmcia-cs-3.2.4. is wlan-ng neccesary? i plan on using a proxim harmony (orinoco_cs) and an atheros integrated wireless card. thoughts?

If you use the orinoco_cs driver, wlan-ng is not needed. (it include only the prism2*-drivers). The Orinoco_cs is already in the kernel, you need pcmcia-cs only for loading it...

For the atheros-card you need an completely different driver: http://sf.net/projects/madwifi.

cu Thomas
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: