Gentoo overlay for Novena released
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on ARM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakaki
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Gentoo overlay for Novena released Reply with quote

Hello,

Are you using Gentoo on your Novena (an open(ish) hardware, FOSS-friendly, iMX6-based single board computer)?

If so, you might like to take a look at my novena-overlay, which I've just released on GitHub (here).

This overlay provides ebuilds shadowing all xobs' standard Novena packages from Debian (novena-eeprom-gui etc.), allowing you to enjoy these same facilities under Gentoo.

More details (including installation instructions) are in the project's GitHub page, but here is a brief summary of the provided ebuilds:
  • sys-kernel/novena-sources Full kernel sources for 4.7.2, with Gentoo and Novena patchsets.
  • sys-kernel/novena_hardened-sources As above, but with the hardened patchset; also, deblobbed by default.
  • dev-embedded/novena-eeprom Tool to view and edit the contents of the Novena's personality EEPROM.
  • dev-embedded/novena-eeprom-gui Qt GUI version of the above.
  • dev-embedded/novena-heirloom Support files for the heirloom laptop variant of Novena.
  • dev-embedded/novena-usb-hub Hub management tool (power control, etc.) for Novena.
  • dev-embedded/u-boot-novena Novena-packaged version of U-Boot.
  • dev-embedded/update-senoko Firmware loader for the Senoko battery/passthrough board.
  • sys-firmware/senoko-chibios Compile-from-source ChibiOS firmware for Senoko.
  • media-sound/pulseaudio-novena Support files for pulseaudio on Novena.
  • net-wireless/novena-disable-ssp Small daemon which disables SSP on all Bluetooth adaptors.
  • sys-apps/irqbalance-novena Distributes hardware interrupts across processors on Novena.
  • dev-embedded/etna_viv FOSS user-space driver for the Vivante GCxx GPUs (armada dependency).
  • x11-libs/libdrm-armada Userspace interface to kernel DRM services (armada dependency).
  • x11-drivers/xf86-video-armada-novena Accelerated X.org video driver for the Novena's i.MX6.
  • x11-misc/xorg-novena X.org configuration files for the armada video driver on Novena.
  • sys-devel/portage-distccmon-gui Easily view Portage jobs with distccmon-gui.
  • dev-embedded/novena-meta Merge this to pull in all baseline Novena packages (USE-flag controlled).

The ebuilds all seem to work OK on my machine, but if you get a chance to try them out, please let me know of any issues you uncover (with missing dependencies, for example); any feedback much appreciated!

sakaki
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on ARM All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: