Env Freezing After using MTP
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Troopo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Env Freezing After using MTP Reply with quote

Hi,

I have an Android phone, i followed the WIKI:
https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/MTP

Tried different MTP ebuilds, eventually since i use KDE and Dolphin Kio-mtp is the better one, however if i use it sometimes during the opening in Dolphin sometimes after the Env just freezes and i can't do anything, i have to restart the machine.

This is annoying, Any suggestions how to debug this ?
Troopo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?
Logicien
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to circle the cause of the problem. If you use Konqueror instead of Dolphin to mount your Android phone, does the system freeze? If you mount your Android phone in command lines like it is explain in your link, does it freeze the system?

I know with Samba shares that when a Files Manager try to mount or access a share mount point when the share is not available, it slow down the Files Manager and can prevent the access of your desktop when you open a session because, the desktop is manage by the Files Manager.

Be sure that your Android phone is connected as Multimedia Device (imply a Usb cable link) and never go in powersave mode before, during and after you try to access it, like it is said in your link.
Troopo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logicien wrote:
You have to circle the cause of the problem. If you use Konqueror instead of Dolphin to mount your Android phone, does the system freeze? If you mount your Android phone in command lines like it is explain in your link, does it freeze the system?

I know with Samba shares that when a Files Manager try to mount or access a share mount point when the share is not available, it slow down the Files Manager and can prevent the access of your desktop when you open a session because, the desktop is manage by the Files Manager.

Be sure that your Android phone is connected as Multimedia Device (imply a Usb cable link) and never go in powersave mode before, during and after you try to access it, like it is said in your link.

Thanks.

hmm, with Konqueror instead of Dolphin the issue didn't see to happen and the address of the auto mount was the same, tho i still didn't figure out who does the auto mount maybe KDE?

Wasn't successful in mount it manually yet but having tried all options in the WIKI.

My device is connected as an MTP device i have to switch it up manually in Android 6, also FUSE sees my device as Nexus equivalent of sorts.

If it is a dolphin problem where do i go from here? i think dolphin is much nicer to use than Konqueror...
Troopo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any follow ups?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: