crossdev and GCC >= 5(.4) ?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on ARM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xaviermiller
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:51 pm    Post subject: crossdev and GCC >= 5(.4) ? Reply with quote

Hi!,

Is it possible to create a cross toolchain with GCC 5.4 ?

The workaround I've found is to add EXTRA_ECONF="--disable-libcc1 --disable-libstdc++-v3" but C++ is then not fully complete.

For example, I cannot cross-emerge sys-apps/file because it doesn't find zlib, or the C++ part of ncurses cannot be built.

Is there a workaround for bug 582002?

Kind regards,
Xavier
roarinelk
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have encountered no problems building a full cross toolchain for mips, avr and arm, built with standard crossdev.

Example ARMv7a (others are built with identical use flags)
[ebuild R ] cross-armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/gcc-5.4.0:5.4.0::mano USE="cxx nls nopie nossp nptl (-altivec) -awt -cilk -debug -doc (-fixed-point) -fortran -gcj -go -graphite -hardened -jit -libssp -mpx -multilib -objc -objc++ -objc-gc -openmp -regression-test -sanitize -vanilla -vtv" 0 KiB

# armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi-g++-5.4.0 -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi-g++-5.4.0
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/libexec/gcc/armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/5.4.0/lto-wrapper
Target: armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi
Configured with: /tmp-ram/portage/cross-armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/gcc-5.4.0/work/gcc-5.4.0/configure --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --target=armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/gcc-bin/5.4.0 --includedir=/usr/lib/gcc/armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/5.4.0/include --datadir=/usr/share/gcc-data/armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/5.4.0 --mandir=/usr/share/gcc-data/armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/5.4.0/man --infodir=/usr/share/gcc-data/armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/5.4.0/info --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/lib/gcc/armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/5.4.0/include/g++-v5 --with-python-dir=/share/gcc-data/armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/5.4.0/python --enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-obsolete --enable-secureplt --disable-werror --with-system-zlib --enable-nls --without-included-gettext --enable-checking=release --with-bugurl=https://bugs.gentoo.org/ --with-pkgversion='Gentoo 5.4.0 p1.0' --enable-libstdcxx-time --enable-poison-system-directories --with-sysroot=/usr/armv7a-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi --disable-bootstrap --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-clocale=gnu --disable-multilib --disable-altivec --disable-fixed-point --with-float=hard --with-arch=armv7-a --with-float=hard --with-fpu=vfpv3-d16 --disable-libgcj --disable-libgomp --disable-libmudflap --disable-libssp --disable-libcilkrts --disable-libmpx --disable-vtable-verify --disable-libvtv --disable-libquadmath --enable-lto --without-isl --disable-libsanitizer --with-arch=armv7-a --with-tune=cortex-a15 --with-fpu=neon-vfpv4 --with-float-abi=hard --with-little-endian
Thread model: posix
gcc version 5.4.0 (Gentoo 5.4.0 p1.0)

same with gcc-6.2

What error are you runnning into while building gcc?
xaviermiller
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I have that error while building the cross-compiler in the install phase:
Code:
mv: cannot stat '/var/tmp/portage/cross-armv6j-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi/gcc-5.4.0/image//usr/lib64/libcc1*': No such file or directory

If I disable libstdc++v3, cross*-gcc is emerged but useless as c++ compiler.
xaviermiller
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, there is NO problem if I remove the hacks I needed to introduce the last months.

Thank you for your help (confirming native crossdev is working) ;)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on ARM All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: