Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Tony0945, YumeWizard: forums.gentoo.org password security
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony0945
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

User: YumeWizard
Topic: forums.gentoo.org password security
Reason: personal invective and trolling

I never reported anything like this before and am pretty tolerant, but I don't have to take this crap from a noob.
YumeWizard
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony0945 wrote:
Topic: forums.gentoo.org password security
Reason: personal invective and trolling

I never reported anything like this before and am pretty tolerant, but I don't have to take this crap from a noob.

Things like this are exaclty why after 10 YEARS(lmao) you're still making shitposts, cool your ego and stop being so confident in your illogical+meritless posts. :D
Hu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YumeWizard wrote:
Things like this are exaclty why after 10 YEARS(lmao) you're still making shitposts, cool your ego and stop being so confident in your illogical+meritless posts
Tony's original report points to a fairly innocuous post (although the thread does get to be more argumentative later). However, your post here seems to make his point for him. You may not like his arguments, but your post in this thread does nothing to help your case. As a new user, you do not have the history for us to assume the best when you say something rude or ill-informed. If you think his arguments are without merit, attack his arguments. Calling the posts illogical or meritless is fine if you can articulate the specific ways in which they are without merit. Calling them meritless with no backup does not convince new readers that you are right.

You may want to refer to the Forum Guidelines for why Tony felt it was appropriate to report personal invective.

I split Tony's report, your response, and my response from the main reporting thread to keep it from getting mixed in with spammer reports. If further discussion of either party's behaviour is necessary, please conduct it here.
YumeWizard
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
YumeWizard wrote:
Things like this are exaclty why after 10 YEARS(lmao) you're still making shitposts, cool your ego and stop being so confident in your illogical+meritless posts
Tony's original report points to a fairly innocuous post (although the thread does get to be more argumentative later). However, your post here seems to make his point for him. You may not like his arguments, but your post in this thread does nothing to help your case. As a new user, you do not have the history for us to assume the best when you say something rude or ill-informed. If you think his arguments are without merit, attack his arguments. Calling the posts illogical or meritless is fine if you can articulate the specific ways in which they are without merit. Calling them meritless with no backup does not convince new readers that you are right.

You may want to refer to the Forum Guidelines for why Tony felt it was appropriate to report personal invective.

I split Tony's report, your response, and my response from the main reporting thread to keep it from getting mixed in with spammer reports. If further discussion of either party's behaviour is necessary, please conduct it here.

Hu wrote:
your post here seems to make his point for him

I would disagree, and I'd also suggest that this entire discussion is a waste of time. I think Tony who is according to himself "very tolerant" should take the criticism and stop wasting other peoples time with his baseless opinion pieces on subjects he is clearly uninformed on, the thought that someone less knowledgeable could see his imbasilic posts and think he what he says carries any weight is a particular annoyance. Also I think talking to him this way is exaclty how he needs to be talked to as he seems to have a serious problem with his ego and needs to get off his high horse.

Hu wrote:
You may not like his arguments

I don't simply not like his arguments, this is not an opinion he clearly has no idea what he is talking about and is making incredibly stupid recommendations in that thread. Which imo he should be being reprimanded for not me for hurting the feelings of this "very tolerant" man because I didn't baby his ego.

Hu wrote:
As a new user, you do not have the history for us to assume the best when you say something rude or ill-informed.

If you're informed on the subject or have a decent level of common sense you could simply look at the posts, nobody has asked you to do anything else.

Hu wrote:
If you think his arguments are without merit, attack his arguments

I already did, I don't know why I should repeat myself in a thread referencing a thread where all of that information is. It should be a prerequisite to read that thread before posting in this one right?

Hu wrote:
Calling the posts illogical or meritless is fine if you can articulate the specific ways in which they are without merit

Which is exacly what I've did and exactly what I have not seen Tony do in that discussion, he has asked no questions or for explanations in regards to what I've said but just made more stupid statments. Especially when I'm sure he knows that he is no expert on security, yet he confidently shitposts away like you'd expect from someone significantly younger than he likely is.

Hu wrote:
Calling them meritless with no backup does not convince new readers that you are right.

Something I did not do.

If anything Tony should be punished for acting so stupidly, let's pretend Tony made just this one post:
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-954924-start-25.html#7943810

He put up for discussion complete trash(if you want a full response explaining why his post is shit see my reply in the previous thread), he clearly has 0 knowledge on security but decided to state a bunch of facts anyway. At the very least if he only makes this 1 post a few people will probably waste time replying to someone who has 0 knowledge on what is being discussed(what useful opinions such a person must have).

But that is not what he did, even after being questioned he simply holds his stance and makes more ill-informed statements. What a quality Forum member to have around, I would much rather be discussing upgrading the Forums than explaining to a moderator that not every dumb asshole comes with a neon sign.
Tony0945
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topic: Tony0945, YumeWizard: forums.gentoo.org password security
Reason: Personal attacks and insults continue

Are you going to enforce the standards or not!
YumeWizard
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony0945 wrote:
Topic: Tony0945, YumeWizard: forums.gentoo.org password security
Reason: Personal attacks and insults continue

Are you going to enforce the standards or not!

A mod simply made it a separate thread you retard, don't worry I'm done with the garabge forum admin anyway and will probably be banned soon so you can get back to shitposting in your hugbox any day now.
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YumeWizard wrote:
not every dumb asshole comes with a neon sign.

Some clearly do...
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reason: I think this troll has outstayed their welcome.
pilla
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YumeWizard missed a good opportunity to keep it to himself/herself and got banned.

Locked.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: