Mutiple Xbox Ones & 360's
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cowboy0629
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject: Mutiple Xbox Ones & 360's Reply with quote

Hi All..

I am Real New to the Linux & Gentoo World.. I do have a great teacher/helper for my Gentoo systems. but he is not able to help me with this problem because he has no idea what xbox live is or how it works...

I have a system I am using just For a gateway/firewall to my internet service provider which is Run by Gentoo.. I followed the GENTOO HOME ROUTER Guide at : https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Home_Router

Gentoo Base System release 2.2
Kernel 4.5.1
openrc

I got my Xbox to be Open NAT by adding this to the iptables

Code:

#Xbox Live (Rules for my XboxOne and Xbox360)

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 88 -i ${WAN} -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.102
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 3074 -i ${WAN} -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.102
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 3074 -i ${WAN} -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.102
#iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 53 -i ${WAN} -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.102
#iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 53 -i ${WAN} -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.102
#iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -i ${WAN} -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.102
#iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 500 -i ${WAN} -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.102
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 3544 -i ${WAN} -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.102
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 4500 -i ${WAN} -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.102

some of the rules are commented out because I didn't need them to get OPEN NAT but I left them in my executable script file in case I needed them at some point and wondering if I actually need --dport 88
and I see that any traffic that comes from my WAN Card on these ports are being forwarded to my xbox

Now my XboxOne has Open Nat, but my roommates xboxOne xbox360 and My xbox360 and friends that come over get Strict NAT

My question is how do I open these Ports to all the Xbox systems on my network not just forward to mine.

All machines that are full time on my network are STATIC IP
Friends that Come over machines are usually DHCP which i have a range of 10 addresses for DHCP 192.168.0.20 to 192.168.0.30

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before but all I can find on the subject is settings for ONE XBOX on the network

Thank-you
Mike Dennison
chithanh
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is, one port will only be forwarded to one host normally.
The easiest way to work around this is installing and setting up UPnP packages on your router.
cowboy0629
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chithanh wrote:
Problem is, one port will only be forwarded to one host normally.
The easiest way to work around this is installing and setting up UPnP packages on your router.

If I setup UPnP packages on my router will this not allow everything to open up ports whenever they want or can I setup just for certain addresses on my network?.. I noticed when a store bought router basically everything in the world is open ...

Thank you for the quick reply

Mike
cowboy0629
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to get uPnP installed on my Gentoo Gateway as suggested above

trying to follow Gentoo Manual: http://gentoo-en.vfose.ru/wiki/UPnP

but I can't get past the emerge

emerge -av linux-igd

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "linux-igd".

emerge: searching for similar names...
emerge: Maybe you meant any of these: dev-perl/Linux-Pid, sec-policy/selinux-tgtd, sec-policy/selinux-sxid?
Syl20
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Mutiple Xbox Ones & 360's Reply with quote

cowboy0629 wrote:

Code:

#Xbox Live (Rules for my XboxOne and Xbox360)

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 88 -i ${WAN} -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.102
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 3074 -i ${WAN} -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.102
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 3074 -i ${WAN} -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.102
#iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 53 -i ${WAN} -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.102
#iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 53 -i ${WAN} -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.102
#iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -i ${WAN} -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.102
#iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 500 -i ${WAN} -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.102
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 3544 -i ${WAN} -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.102
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 4500 -i ${WAN} -j DNAT --to 192.168.0.102

some of the rules are commented out because I didn't need them to get OPEN NAT but I left them in my executable script file in case I needed them at some point and wondering if I actually need --dport 88
and I see that any traffic that comes from my WAN Card on these ports are being forwarded to my xbox

I don't think you need to DNAT the udp/88 (kerberos), tcp or udp/53 (DNS), nor tcp/80 (http) ports. For all these protocoles, your Xboxes are clients, not servers.
Udp/500 is needed for VPNs. Do you use VPNs ?
cowboy0629
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: Mutiple Xbox Ones & 360's Reply with quote

Syl20 wrote:
cowboy0629 wrote:

I don't think you need to DNAT the udp/88 (kerberos), tcp or udp/53 (DNS), nor tcp/80 (http) ports. For all these protocoles, your Xboxes are clients, not servers.
Udp/500 is needed for VPNs. Do you use VPNs ?

I don't personally use VPNS but got the ports that are required off of the Microsoft Xbox Live Website..

Sorry all I have not had much time to work with this the past few days just had surgery.. I am trying to figure out how to get uPnp running on my Gentoo Gateway.. all the gentoo help pages for UPNP seem to be really outdated.. should I be using miniUpnpd?

Thanks for all your help I am enjoying learning Gentoo even when it gets frustrating
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: