problems/questions with kmymoney-9999.ebuild in kde overaly
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
genterminl
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: problems/questions with kmymoney-9999.ebuild in kde overaly Reply with quote

I've been trying to manually compile the frameworks branch of KMyMoney, and just noticed there was an ebuild in the kde overlay.

First, the metadata file shows upstream as <remote-id type="sourceforge">kmymoney2</remote-id> but this hasn't been correct in several years. It now kmymoney4 (soon to be 5?) Actually, now that I look at that info in the main portage tree, it is also wrong there, so I suppose I'll file a bug to correct it.

Second, I always thought the use of slots was to allow multiple versions of something to be installed at the same time. In this case, kmymoney-9999 is in slot 5, and all the portage versions are in slot 4, but there is an explicit blocker in 9999 if slot 4 is installed. I can understand why they can't both be installed at once - is it just convention to use slot 5 for KDE frameworks based versions, even if they can't coexist? Note: I suppose it would also be possible to create a -9999 version for the git HEAD branch (Frameworks is in it's own branch) so I suppose this is a good a way as any to distinguish them.

Third, I'm curious if I'm reading the ebuild correctly in that it does not include any way to enable KBanking (aqBanking) at this time. If I'm right, I'm curious if this is intentional, an oversight, or just a temporary thing. I ask, because it seems currently not possible to install gwenhywfar to recognize qt5, which is required for KBanking in the frameworks branch of KMyMoney.

Thanks for any clarifications.

Jack
Pegasus87
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have the same problem with gwenhywfar while compile kmymoney-9999. Util now I found no solution to solve this missing dependecies.
Did you find out something that make it possible to use kmymoney-9999?
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: problems/questions with kmymoney-9999.ebuild in kde over Reply with quote

Wrt sourceforge metadata, take a look at this link, which is what matters: https://sourceforge.net/projects/kmymoney2/

genterminl wrote:
is it just convention to use slot 5 for KDE frameworks based versions, even if they can't coexist? Note: I suppose it would also be possible to create a -9999 version for the git HEAD branch (Frameworks is in it's own branch) so I suppose this is a good a way as any to distinguish them.

In short: yes. Slots are used a little differently in KDE packaging to help with the onslaught of dependencies and blocking required. This is covered by the Gentoo KDE guide.

genterminl wrote:
Third, I'm curious if I'm reading the ebuild correctly in that it does not include any way to enable KBanking (aqBanking) at this time. If I'm right, I'm curious if this is intentional, an oversight, or just a temporary thing. I ask, because it seems currently not possible to install gwenhywfar to recognize qt5, which is required for KBanking in the frameworks branch of KMyMoney.

The current kmymoney-9999.ebuild was created way ahead of kbanking being ready. There's a PR attempting to bring it up to date: https://github.com/gentoo/kde/pull/755
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: