Cloudprint: broken?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gordonp
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:39 am    Post subject: Cloudprint: broken? Reply with quote

Hi -

I run a server, with both CloudPrint (for my Android devices, primarily) and AirPrint (for local Apple stuff). It was fine, now it's not.

I am running net-print/cloudprint-0.12_pre20140505 which I have obtained from the dev-zero overlay.

I changed my Google Account to require 2-Step authentication, which broke several things (Gmail using Evolution as a client...), and so I figured I should re-generate the app-password and re-initialize the .cloudprintauth stuff...

Now, all I get is:
Code:
cloudprint ~ # /etc/init.d/cloudprint start
 * Starting cloudprint daemon ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python-exec/python2.7/cloudprint", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('cloudprint==0.11', 'console_scripts', 'cloudprint')()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cloudprint/cloudprint.py", line 496, in main
    sync_printers(cups_connection, cpp)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cloudprint/cloudprint.py", line 330, in sync_printers
    remote_printers = dict([(p.name, p) for p in cpp.get_printers()])
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cloudprint/cloudprint.py", line 177, in get_printers
    r = self.get_rest()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cloudprint/cloudprint.py", line 173, in get_rest
    auth = self.get_auth()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cloudprint/cloudprint.py", line 99, in get_auth
    'application/x-www-form-urlencoded')
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cloudprint/rest.py", line 122, in post
    return self.rest_call('POST', path, data, content_type, headers, response_type)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/cloudprint/rest.py", line 105, in rest_call
    raise REST.RESTException('REST Error', resp.status, data)
cloudprint.rest.RESTException: REST Error:404
Message: https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/AuthForInstalledApps
                                                                                                                                      [ !! ]
 * ERROR: cloudprint failed to start

I'm not seeing anything that I can classify as relevant or helpful in my logs; I think the error-message (above) is as helpful as it gets :-O

Relatedly:
Code:
cloudprint / # eselect python list
Available Python interpreters:
  [1]   python2.7 *
  [2]   python3.4

I would appreciate any suggestions to help me figure out what isn't going on; I'm kinda lost here :-(

Thank-you,
-GordonP
gordonp
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add:

The server hosting Cloudprint / Airprint happens to be a kvm/QEMU virtual guest, with just enough Gentoo to run... No desktop to complicate things, no X, no NFS, no local-users except root, etc. Underlying filesystem is XFS (on XFS) with >75% disk-allocation free. It has 2 vCPUs (3.3GHz) and 2GB RAM. Stable, lean, generously resourced and lightly loaded. dmesg is boring.

The core parts are CUPS (of course), the cloudprint package, avahi-daemon (to announce everything) and iptables/ip6tables (to protect everything).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: