Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Genymotion or other android emulator for Gentoo?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidm
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject: Genymotion or other android emulator for Gentoo? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm looking around for a decent Android emulator. Genymotion seems like a good bet but it's a total whack in the search and there isn't much available in Google. Also searching portage seems to come up with a negative.

Are there any ebuilds or overlays which anyone knows of which provides this or another decent android emulator in the Gentoo way?

Otherwise I might be stuck doing something like this and hacking it together:

http://scriptogr.am/dzinek/post/genymotion-qt-gentoo

I'd rather avoid getting too messy.
Koradji
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With android-sdk-update-manager all i could get was a window saying "android" in big letters that slowly shifted from white to grey and back, with some android device buttons on the side. I couldn't get it to do anything else.

So i'm looking too.
Troopo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Genymotion or other android emulator for Gentoo? Reply with quote

davidm wrote:
Hi, I'm looking around for a decent Android emulator. Genymotion seems like a good bet but it's a total whack in the search and there isn't much available in Google. Also searching portage seems to come up with a negative.

Are there any ebuilds or overlays which anyone knows of which provides this or another decent android emulator in the Gentoo way?

Otherwise I might be stuck doing something like this and hacking it together:

http://scriptogr.am/dzinek/post/genymotion-qt-gentoo

I'd rather avoid getting too messy.

Official Gentoo Android wiki brought me here, i actually found and used the following ebuild and it worked out great (no repositories.xml so i used a local overlay)
https://github.com/Kelvin-Ng/Kelvin-Gentoo-Overlay/tree/master/app-emulation/genymotion
Got Genymotion running with android studio (both are latest versions)

There was another ebuild at necromancy-overlay which seems to be the same at a quick glance but since that overlay is very old and deprecated it's better to add the ebuild to a local overlay and install it that way.
Both should be fine in a local overlay.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: