Lego games won't allow mapping in steam/wine
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidbrooke
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Lego games won't allow mapping in steam/wine Reply with quote

I currently have:
Lego Batman: the Videogame
Lego Jurassic World
Both of these games act the same when it comes to mapping a keyboard or controller:
During the process of changing a key assignment to an event, the game will not recognize any assignable key or controller. I can only use the default key assignments.
I'm using:
Gentoo amd64
8 GB ram
Nvidia GTX 950
Wine - 1.8 with staging and s3tc or 9999 without staging, both with the codeweaver hack
Steam - Feb build

I'm wondering if this is a wine issue that I should report?
Thoughts?
BobWya
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moderate a few games in the WineHQ AppDB.

So I was aware that there was a big open bug against re-assigning / re-mapping keys for Battlefield 2 / Battlefield 2142.
Wine Bug 29868
Which was triaged to be a duplicate of:
Wine Bug 8854 : Unable to get keyboard / mouse input in multiple games
That bug affected a lot of games - but not any Lego-based ones!! It's been successfully fixed (pre- 1.8) anyway...

I'd just check you haven't got anything funky connected to your PC / laptop before filing a WineHQ Bug (e.g. game controllers, etc. - sometimes - having these attached can f-things up a bit)...

If it's a duplicate of another bug it'll get triaged - like the one I mentioned above - so no biggie 8)

Bob
system: G751JT (ASUS-NotebookSKU); processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz; memory: 32GiB System Memory; display: GM204M [GeForce GTX 970M]; disk: 2048GB Samsung SSD 850;BD-CMB UJ172 S;1024GB Samsung SSD 850
davidbrooke
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that these devices were causing the issue:
1. Wireless xbox receiver
2. Wired USB retrolink controller
If neither of the above was connected at the time of Steam / wine use, then the key mapping could be changed in the Lego games.
So basically I have to:
1. Setup the key mapping in the game when the controllers aren't connected.
2. Setup Antimicro with the game key mapping.
3. Connect the controller / receiver
4. Start Steam an play the game with the controller.

The above wouldn't be so bad but there are other issues:
1. Local co-op only! Meaning the single player function isn't working. As soon as a button is pressed on the 1st controller the second player is active and can't be disabled. Options are to only use a keyboard or two controllers.
2. Lego Jurassic World's highest working resolution is 720 which causes the desktop resolution to change to 720. So after quitting Steam the desktop resolution needs to be reset to 1080. This happens for Intel and Nvidia.
davidbrooke
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I would go ahead and post the winecheck 32 bit output:
Code:
~ $ wine ~/Downloads/winecheck-0.1-x86.exe
fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 1.9.4 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
fixme:module:load_dll Loader redirect from L"wined3d.dll" to L"wined3d-csmt.dll"
fixme:winediag:wined3d_dll_init Experimental wined3d CSMT feature is currently enabled.

Checking Wine ...
  Version:                  1.9.4
  Wine build:               wine-1.9.4-148-g1510b8b (Staging)
  Platform:                 i386
  Host system:              Linux
  Host version:             4.1.15-gentoo-r1
Wine: PASSED

Checking OpenGL ...
  OpenGL Vendor:            NVIDIA Corporation
  OpenGL Renderer:          GeForce GTX 950/PCIe/SSE2
  OpenGL Direct Rendering:  False (or old/wrong wine version)
OpenGL: FAILURE

# Winecheck was unable to load a hardware accelerated OpenGL driver. This is
# usually the case if you do not have the necessary 32 bit libraries installed.
# You will either not be able to use OpenGL/DirectX or the performance will be
# limited due to software rendering. Please refer to your system documentation for
# instructions on how to install the necessary files. For Linux based systems,
# further information is available at:
# https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/Diag/MissingLibGL

Checking Direct3D ...
  Name:                     NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
  Driver:                   nv4_disp.dll
  PCI Vendor:               0x10de
  PCI Device:               0x06cd
  Memory:                   2048 MB
Direct3D: PASSED

Checking Fonts ...
  Arial:                    Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\corefonts\arial.ttf
  Arial:                    Found in Arial.TTF
  Arial:                    Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\corefonts\arialbd.ttf
  Arial:                    Found in Arialbd.TTF
  Arial:                    Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\corefonts\arialbi.ttf
  Arial:                    Found in Arialbi.TTF
  Arial:                    Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\corefonts\ariali.ttf
  Arial:                    Found in Ariali.TTF
  Times New Roman:          Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\corefonts\times.ttf
  Times New Roman:          Found in Times.TTF
  Times New Roman:          Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\corefonts\timesbd.ttf
  Times New Roman:          Found in Timesbd.TTF
  Times New Roman:          Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\corefonts\timesbi.ttf
  Times New Roman:          Found in Timesbi.TTF
  Times New Roman:          Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\corefonts\timesi.ttf
  Times New Roman:          Found in Timesi.TTF
  Verdana:                  Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\corefonts\verdana.ttf
  Verdana:                  Found in Verdana.TTF
  Verdana:                  Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\corefonts\verdanab.ttf
  Verdana:                  Found in Verdanab.TTF
  Verdana:                  Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\corefonts\verdanaz.ttf
  Verdana:                  Found in Verdanaz.TTF
  Verdana:                  Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\corefonts\verdanai.ttf
  Verdana:                  Found in Verdanai.TTF
Fonts: PASSED

Checking ACLs / XATTR ...
  Successfully wrote ACLs for C:\acl-test.txt
  Successfully read ACLs from C:\acl-test.txt
ACLs / XATTR: PASSED

Checking Function Hotpatching ...
  kernel32->CreateProcessA: is hotpatchable
  opengl32->wglSwapBuffers: is hotpatchable
  kernel32->CreateThread:   is hotpatchable
  ntdll->LdrLoadDll:        is hotpatchable
Function Hotpatching: PASSED

There seems to be a couple of issues:
1. OpenGL Direct Rendering: False (or old/wrong wine version)
2. It doesn't identify the video card correctly here:
Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
but it does here:
OpenGL Renderer: GeForce GTX 950/PCIe/SSE2
BobWya
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidbrooke wrote:
I found that these devices were causing the issue:
1. Wireless xbox receiver
2. Wired USB retrolink controller
If neither of the above was connected at the time of Steam / wine use, then the key mapping could be changed in the Lego games.
So basically I have to:
1. Setup the key mapping in the game when the controllers aren't connected.
2. Setup Antimicro with the game key mapping.
3. Connect the controller / receiver
4. Start Steam an play the game with the controller.

You could try asking on on the LGC forums... Shatrealm Static @ LGC - strider is developer of Lutris
As your question is definitely something you're going to get much response to - well in the more "mainstream" forums anyway.

I know there's vague talk about supporting Xbox 360 controller under Wine (on devel mailing list) - but how many years is that going to take... :roll:

davidbrooke wrote:
The above wouldn't be so bad but there are other issues:
1. Local co-op only! Meaning the single player function isn't working. As soon as a button is pressed on the 1st controller the second player is active and can't be disabled. Options are to only use a keyboard or two controllers.
2. Lego Jurassic World's highest working resolution is 720 which causes the desktop resolution to change to 720. So after quitting Steam the desktop resolution needs to be reset to 1080. This happens for Intel and Nvidia.

Have you tried a Widescreen hack for your game - perhaps an ini file or similar? Though it's not listed on WSGF and the PC Gaming Wiki: Lego Jurassic World is not very useful... Somewhat strange for such a recently released game... :?

In general - to work around the limitations of Wine - I've seen people using xrandr hacks - set to launch say after a games wineserver process shuts down... To running games in a separate/independent X session. It would be nice if Wine used such technologies as SDL2... :roll:

Unfortunately there probably isn't an easy solution...
system: G751JT (ASUS-NotebookSKU); processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz; memory: 32GiB System Memory; display: GM204M [GeForce GTX 970M]; disk: 2048GB Samsung SSD 850;BD-CMB UJ172 S;1024GB Samsung SSD 850
BobWya
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidbrooke wrote:
I thought I would go ahead and post the winecheck 32 bit output:
Code:
~ $ wine ~/Downloads/winecheck-0.1-x86.exe
fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 1.9.4 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
fixme:module:load_dll Loader redirect from L"wined3d.dll" to L"wined3d-csmt.dll"
fixme:winediag:wined3d_dll_init Experimental wined3d CSMT feature is currently enabled.

Checking Wine ...
  Wine build:               wine-1.9.4-148-g1510b8b (Staging)
  Host version:             4.1.15-gentoo-r1

Checking OpenGL ...

# Winecheck was unable to load a hardware accelerated OpenGL driver. This is
# usually the case if you do not have the necessary 32 bit libraries installed.
# You will either not be able to use OpenGL/DirectX or the performance will be
# limited due to software rendering. Please refer to your system documentation for
# instructions on how to install the necessary files. For Linux based systems,
# further information is available at:
# https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/Diag/MissingLibGL

Checking Direct3D ...
  Name:                     NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
  PCI Device:               0x06cd
  Memory:                   2048 MB

Checking Fonts ...

There seems to be a couple of issues:
1. OpenGL Direct Rendering: False (or old/wrong wine version)
2. It doesn't identify the video card correctly here:
Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
but it does here:
OpenGL Renderer: GeForce GTX 950/PCIe/SSE2

What is this moon technology of which you speak? 8) ... I've not heard of any winecheck scripts!!

1. Well the Gentoo system for switching GL vendors is pretty busted. In fact I wrote an out-of-tree version (in my Overlay bobwya) - because my bug app-eselect/eselect-opengl with media-libs/mesa with x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-361 - GLX not working(?) against this issue is getting no-where fast... But to confirm I'd have to see the winecheck script to see how it's checking 32-bit libGL support.
    Obviously you'd want to cover the basics - like making sure the +multilib USE flag is enabled for x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers.
  2. The Wine (as of today's Git master) global array of Nvidia graphics cards ends at the Geforce GTX 970M (happily that's my GPU model), see below. The GTX 470 card is the last entry in the array. It is simply a fallback to use when Wine doesn't have a listing for a particular Nvidia card. The cards are simply added by hand (very slowly / via bug reports) as Nvidia releases them.

Code:
grep CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE dlls/wined3d/directx.c
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GT610,      "NVIDIA GeForce GT 610",            DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  1024},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GT630,      "NVIDIA GeForce GT 630",            DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  1024},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GT630M,     "NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M",           DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  1024},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GT640M,     "NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M",           DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  1024},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GT650M,     "NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M",           DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  2048},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX650,     "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650",           DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  1024},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX650TI,   "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti",        DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  1024},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX660,     "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660",           DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  2048},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX660M,    "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M",          DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  2048},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX660TI,   "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti",        DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  2048},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX670,     "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670",           DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  2048},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX670MX,   "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670MX",         DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  3072},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX680,     "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680",           DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  2048},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GT750M,     "NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M",           DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  1024},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX750,     "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750",           DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  1024},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX750TI,   "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti",        DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  2048},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX760,     "NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760",           DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  2048},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX765M,    "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M",          DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  2048},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX770M,    "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M",          DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  3072},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX770,     "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770",           DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  2048},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX780,     "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780",           DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  3072},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX780TI,   "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti",        DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  3072},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX970,     "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970",           DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  4096},
    {HW_VENDOR_NVIDIA,     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX970M,    "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M",          DRIVER_NVIDIA_GEFORCE8,  3072},
    {"GTX 970M",                    CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX970M},   /* GeForce 900 - highend mobile*/
    {"GTX 970",                     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX970},    /* GeForce 900 - highend */
    {"GTX 780 Ti",                  CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX780TI},  /* Geforce 700 - highend */
    {"GTX 780",                     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX780},    /* Geforce 700 - highend */
    {"GTX 770M",                    CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX770M},   /* Geforce 700 - midend high mobile */
    {"GTX 770",                     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX770},    /* Geforce 700 - highend */
    {"GTX 765M",                    CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX765M},   /* Geforce 700 - midend high mobile */
    {"GTX 760",                     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX760},    /* Geforce 700 - midend high  */
    {"GTX 750 Ti",                  CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX750TI},  /* Geforce 700 - midend */
    {"GTX 750",                     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX750},    /* Geforce 700 - midend */
    {"GT 750M",                     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GT750M},    /* Geforce 700 - midend mobile */
    {"GTX 680",                     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX680},    /* Geforce 600 - highend */
    {"GTX 670MX",                   CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX670MX},  /* Geforce 600 - highend */
    {"GTX 670",                     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX670},    /* Geforce 600 - midend high */
    {"GTX 660 Ti",                  CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX660TI},  /* Geforce 600 - midend high */
    {"GTX 660M",                    CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX660M},   /* Geforce 600 - midend high mobile */
    {"GTX 660",                     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX660},    /* Geforce 600 - midend high */
    {"GTX 650 Ti",                  CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX650TI},  /* Geforce 600 - lowend */
    {"GTX 650",                     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX650},    /* Geforce 600 - lowend */
    {"GT 650M",                     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GT650M},    /* Geforce 600 - midend mobile */
    {"GT 640M",                     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GT640M},    /* Geforce 600 - midend mobile */
    {"GT 630M",                     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GT630M},    /* Geforce 600 - midend mobile */
    {"GT 630",                      CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GT630},     /* Geforce 600 - lowend */
    {"GT 610",                      CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GT610},     /* Geforce 600 - lowend */
    CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE,            /* D3D7 */
    CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE3,           /* D3D8 */
    CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCEFX_5800,     /* D3D9_SM2 */
    CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_6800,       /* D3D9_SM3 */
    CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_8800GTX,    /* D3D10 */
    CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GTX470,     /* D3D11 */

davidbrooke
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the winecheck info:
https://github.com/wine-compholio/wine-staging/wiki/Winecheck
BobWya
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidbrooke wrote:
Here is the winecheck info:
https://github.com/wine-compholio/wine-staging/wiki/Winecheck

Ah thanks! That'll be v. useful. It's a shame that it's just a pre-built binary...

A run from my laptop in a 32-bit Wineprefix (with my hacked GL selection utility):
Code:
Checking Wine ...
  Wine build:               wine-1.9.4 (Staging)
  Host version:             4.4.2-gentoo

Checking OpenGL ...
  OpenGL Renderer:          GeForce GTX 970M/PCIe/SSE2
  OpenGL Direct Rendering:  True
OpenGL: PASSED

Checking Direct3D ...
  Name:                     NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
  PCI Device:               0x13d8
  Memory:                   3072 MB

Checking Fonts ...
  Arial:                    Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\steamfonts\arial.ttf
  Arial:                    Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\steamfonts\arialbd.ttf
  Arial:                    Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\steamfonts\arialbi.ttf
  Arial:                    Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\steamfonts\ariali.ttf
  Times New Roman:          Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\corefonts\times.ttf
  Times New Roman:          Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\corefonts\timesbd.ttf
  Times New Roman:          Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\corefonts\timesbi.ttf
  Times New Roman:          Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\corefonts\timesi.ttf
  Verdana:                  Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\corefonts\verdana.ttf
  Verdana:                  Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\corefonts\verdanab.ttf
  Verdana:                  Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\corefonts\verdanaz.ttf
  Verdana:                  Found in Z:\usr\share\fonts\corefonts\verdanai.ttf
Fonts: PASSED

Checking ACLs / XATTR ...
  Successfully wrote ACLs for C:\acl-test.txt
  Successfully read ACLs from C:\acl-test.txt
ACLs / XATTR: PASSED

Checking Function Hotpatching ...
  kernel32->CreateProcessA: is hotpatchable
  opengl32->wglSwapBuffers: is hotpatchable
  kernel32->CreateThread:   is hotpatchable
  ntdll->LdrLoadDll:        is hotpatchable

davidbrooke
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nvidia multi use flag is enabled.
Code:
[ebuild   R    ] x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-358.16-r1:0/358::gentoo  USE="X acpi gtk2 kms multilib tools -gtk3 -pax_kernel -uvm" 0 KiB
BobWya
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try:
Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib32/opengl/nvidia/lib" wine ~/Downloads/winecheck-0.1-x86.exe

to fix the OpenGL detection. I'd be (self-)interested to see if that hack - used for the native Steam client running on Gentoo - also works for Wine. All part of my campaign to fix GL switching on Gentoo ... 8)

It would be nice / Community spirited if you filed a Wine bug against your GPU model. See also Bug 39215 - Nvidia geforce getx 960m detected as gtx470 ... 8)

Bob
davidbrooke
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobWya wrote:
Try:
Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib32/opengl/nvidia/lib" wine ~/Downloads/winecheck-0.1-x86.exe

to fix the OpenGL detection. I'd be (self-)interested to see if that hack - used for the native Steam client running on Gentoo - also works for Wine. All part of my campaign to fix GL switching on Gentoo ... 8)

It would be nice / Community spirited if you filed a Wine bug against your GPU model. See also Bug 39215 - Nvidia geforce getx 960m detected as gtx470 ... 8)

Bob

Same result as before....
Code:
Checking OpenGL ...
BobWya
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidbrooke wrote:
Same result as before....
Code:
Checking OpenGL ...

You might have issues because the card isn't mapped in the Wine DirectX array or because you're using a live build - hence the message False (or old/wrong wine version.
The winecheck thingy is only a little test utility - so it's not going to be 100% accurate after all! As long as your games have 3D acceleration... 8)

Bob
BobWya
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@davidbrooke

Can you post the output from:
Code:
nvidia-settings -t -q [gpu:0]/PCIID
nvidia-settings -t -q [gpu:0]/VideoRAM

I'll submit a patch to add the card version to Wine... Otherwise it could be another 6 months before something materialises... 8)

Bob
davidbrooke
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the results:
Code:
~ $ nvidia-settings -t -q [gpu:0]/PCIID
~ $ nvidia-settings -t -q [gpu:0]/VideoRAM
BobWya
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I just await a response on Bug 39215 - Nvidia geforce getx 960m detected as gtx470 - to get the 960 / 960M codes... 8)
davidbrooke
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobWya wrote:
Now I just await a response on Bug 39215 - Nvidia geforce getx 960m detected as gtx470 - to get the 960 / 960M codes... 8)

The actual card # is 950
Code:
GeForce GTX 950
BobWya
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidbrooke wrote:
BobWya wrote:

The actual card # is 950
Code:
GeForce GTX 950

Ah sorry I meant I'll add in your card (Desktop 950) plus the ID's from the 960 and 960M cards the 2 guys, reporting on that WineHQ bug, had in their systems...
BobWya
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@davidbrooke

I've added an initial patch to ... Wine Bug 39215 - Nvidia geforce getx 960m detected as gtx470

Quote:
Patch to add the following Nvidia SKU's to DirectX hardware detection:
Geforce GTX 950
Geforce GTX 960
Geforce GTX 960M

I'll try and get a few more SKU's before I submit a patch officially... But obviously you can use that one straight away (as a User patch)... 8)

Bob
davidbrooke
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidbrooke wrote:

This has been resolved somehow.
Lego Jurassic World now works in 1080p.
Using the following:
KDE
Plasma 5.6.3
Frameworks 5.21
KDE Apps 16.04.0

Wine 1.9.7 Staging
davidbrooke
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidbrooke wrote:
davidbrooke wrote:

This has been resolved somehow.
Lego Jurassic World now works in 1080p.
Using the following:
KDE
Plasma 5.6.3
Frameworks 5.21
KDE Apps 16.04.0

Wine 1.9.7 Staging

I finally stumbled upon a way to get the correct resolution setup. The game would crash every time I tried to change the resolution...which is the proper way to set the resolution. I found a config file to edit:
/home/yourusername/.wine/drive_c/users/yourusername/Application Data/Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment/LEGO Jurassic World/pcconfig.txt
Change the following fields:
Code:
ScreenWidth                 1920
ScreenHeight                1080
WindowWidth                 1920
WindowHeight                1080
ScreenRefreshRate           60

The "ScreenRefreshRate" is optional.

This trick works for other Lego games as well:
Lego Batman
Lego Movie
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT