Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
OpenOffice blank window on install... Very puzzling...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bollie
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 5:34 pm    Post subject: OpenOffice blank window on install... Very puzzling... Reply with quote

Ok, the history:
I used the new Gentoo profile with GCC 3.2, set up everything except Sun JDK and OpenOffice
I compiled Sun's JDK with the help of the LFS hint.
I compiled OpenOffice with the help of the LFS hint.

The problem is, Open Office shows a blank window when I run setup. I can install Open Office remotely (via ssh and another X server) and it seems to run fine, but as soon as I try to run it on the local X server, it bongles up.

It appears to be a font problem at first glance, but xlsfonts on both sides yield exactly the same fonts!

When I close the blank window, a blank dialog box with two blank buttons appear. When I run an OO setup on another machine remotely using the faulty machine's X as a server it gives me no menu items...

Heeelp! I'm really, really stumped now!
naug
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having exactly the same problem (both with the ebuild of oo and oo direct from openoffice.org's site.) I am also using gcc3.2. Anyone have a solution to this problem? I'd love to hear it (or atleast a way to get around installing it)
Bollie
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:26 am    Post subject: I'll be a monkey's uncle Reply with quote

Suddenly it works again... This is really perplexing. I did a reboot and now it works. I hate these Microsoft solutions!

Just in case anyone's interested, I'm putting up a GCC 3.2 - SUN JDK 1.4.0 built OO installer on http://eerc.up.ac.za/pub/linux/office/openoffice-1.0.1-gcc-3.2.tar.bz2

Share and enjoy!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: