View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alienjon
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: yakuake configuration [solved] Reply with quote

So I was an idiot today. The short version is that I am trying to configure something in yakuake (through the profile configuration dialog in yakuake) and changed the initial command (which should only be /bin/bash). The setting was saved and the problem now is that it broke yakuake. I can't open the program anymore (or, more specifically, if I start the program it give a display glitch and if I right click fast enough to try selecting the configuration dialog the whole program crashes. I'm trying (to no avail) to find the configuration file by hand, but can't seem to find it. Google searching doesn't come up with anything helpful (though I'm wondering if I'm not searching correctly).

Last edited by alienjon on Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
The Doctor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something like ~/.kde4/share/config/yakuakerc maybe? (Google keywords: "yakuake config file")

Although you could get clever and try find ~ | grep yakuake since that will find it although it isn't the most elegant bashism.

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.
alienjon
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is that I've already cleared that file and the problem persists. It seems that it may have configured the konsole settings (yakuake seems to read from that). Searching for the same konsole config files, removing those (manually) and remerging both programs seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for the help!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: