View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justin_brody
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Can't get pipelight working in Firefox Reply with quote

Hello,

Pipelight used to work just fine for me (for watching Netflix) but has recently stopped working. I remove .wine-pipelight and pluginreg.dat but still no go (I have enabled silverlight, versions 4, 5.0 and 5.1). When I go to about:plugins I get messages saying it's installing all three versions of silverlight, but they don't appear in the list of plugins and Netflix asks me to install silverlight. Any ideas??
justin_brody
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.k., here's some error messages which maybe someone can help me decode:

Code:

[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] sandbox not found or not installed!
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight4] using wine prefix directory /home/justin/.wine-pipelight.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight4] checking plugin installation - this might take some time.
Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.
[install-dependency] Downloading and running wine-silverlight4-installer.
fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 1.9.5 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
wine: DLL not found.
err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (1157)
Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight4] basicplugin.c:299:checkPluginInstallation(): Plugin installer did not run correctly (error occured).
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight4] basicplugin.c:116:attach(): plugin not correctly installed - aborting.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] attached to process.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] checking environment variable PIPELIGHT_SILVERLIGHT5_1_CONFIG.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] searching for config file pipelight-silverlight5.1.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] trying to load config file from '/home/justin/.config/pipelight-silverlight5.1'.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] trying to load config file from '/etc/pipelight-silverlight5.1'.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] trying to load config file from '/usr/share/pipelight/configs/pipelight-silverlight5.1'.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight5.1] using wine prefix directory /home/justin/.wine-pipelight.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight5.1] checking plugin installation - this might take some time.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight5.1] basicplugin.c:299:checkPluginInstallation(): Plugin installer did not run correctly (error occured).
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:silverlight5.1] basicplugin.c:116:attach(): plugin not correctly installed - aborting.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] attached to process.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] checking environment variable PIPELIGHT_SILVERLIGHT5_0_CONFIG.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] searching for config file pipelight-silverlight5.0.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] trying to load config file from '/home/justin/.config/pipelight-silverlight5.0'.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] trying to load config file from '/etc/pipelight-silverlight5.0'.
[PIPELIGHT:LIN:unknown] trying to load config file from '/usr/share/pipelight/configs/pipelight-silverlight5.0'.
grin_
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fairly certain that you can just use HTML5 to watch Netflix now. Isn't that better than using a silverlight workaround?
justin_brody
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi grin_,

Thanks for the response! Can I use html5 to watch Netflix in firefox? I can do it chrome, but it pops up a status bar every minute or so and I haven't been able to get that to go away. I tried unmaksing a later version of firefox to use html5 but didn't have any luck with using it for netflix.
[/url]
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: