View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruta
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:42 am    Post subject: Enlightenment 0.20 hates ibus? X hangs when IME switched Reply with quote

Hello everyone.

I was finally forced to update my enlightenment to 0.20. This has been something I've been holding out against for a long time, because the newer versions of enlightenment/ecore would always make my system hang. Unfortunately, the version of enlightenment I used was removed from the repository. Fortunately, I found what I believe causes the hangs. Unfortunately, it is my favourite IME, ibus.

Unfortunately, that's about all I can deduce. I know that, when the ibus-daemon is running, regardless of version (including ones that did work previously on enlightenment-0.17 which I was using before), there is a chance that X will hang and use 100% CPU. This can sometimes be fixed by killing ibus-daemon, and sometimes not. I've even waited at times after killing the daemon and watched top, only to see eventually enlightenment overtake X in CPU, and start using 400% CPU itself (I have quad core).

Other than that, it's hard to really troubleshoot. Just starting the ibus-daemon will not cause any instability. I can also switch to a Japanese input method, like mozc or anthy, and have no problems. Problems start occurring if, at this point, I try to switch back to US input. However, they may not happen right away. I never get an error message either way, so the whole thing is hard to figure out. It's also something that forces me to kill X, so I don't really like trying every situation.

Does anyone have any hints as to where I could look to solve this problem? I need to be able to type in Japanese for my job, and having to use google's IME because my IME has started causing some nebulous problem is a pain.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: