View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jara0
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: NetworkManager/dbus/consolekit issues - "invalid DBUS p Reply with quote

I have recently begun experiencing issues with nm-applet and network manager. nm-applet lists the wireless networks perfectly however any attempts to changed eth0 or wlan0 from nm-applet present the following message.

"(32) org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.network-control request failed: Authorization check failed: invalid DBUS proxy.

some of the things iv tried
1)emerge -1 glib dbus dbus-glib networkmanager consolekit polkit
2) emerge -avuDN world --with-bdeps=y
3)revdep-rebuild
4)confirmed dbus,networkmanager,consolekit are all setup to start in default group. ck-list-sessions shows sessions correctly.

I believe its permissions because I receive a password prompt like before
I recently transitioned to eudev but it was working normally after the initial transition. Openbox is the wm in use as well.

Any help would be appreciated. LMK if any additional information is desired.
Jara0
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replying back to add further troubleshooting steps. When running as root nm-applet can connect and interact fine, as can nmcli.

I wiped out dbus configs(backed up first) emerge -C dbus && emerge -vD dbus. No change there except the /etc/dbus-1/system.d/ files were not recreated.
brot
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, did have the same problem - and while writing this post have fixed it. So, what i did was to look if dbus was running:

Code:
brotkastn brot # systemctl list-units | grep dbus
  dbus.service                                   loaded active running   D-Bus System Message Bus
  dbus.socket                                    loaded active running   D-Bus System Message Bus Socket

And this is what i got when i tried to change to "Flight mode" with the KDE plasma-nm yesterday
Code:

Feb 23 19:09:12 brotkastn NetworkManager[1735]: <warn>  error requesting auth for org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.enable-disable-wimax: (0) Authorization check failed: invalid DBUS proxy
Feb 23 19:09:12 brotkastn NetworkManager[1735]: <warn>  error requesting auth for org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.enable-disable-wifi: (0) Authorization check failed: invalid DBUS proxy
Feb 23 19:09:12 brotkastn NetworkManager[1735]: <warn>  error requesting auth for org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.enable-disable-wwan: (0) Authorization check failed: invalid DBUS proxy

Also, i got the same errors as you did when i tried to edit the connections. However, there were also errors like these:

Code:

Feb 23 19:09:21 brotkastn kde5-nm-connection-editor[6816]: plasma-nm: NetworkManager state changed to  7
Feb 23 19:09:33 brotkastn dbus[1737]: [system] Activating via systemd: service name='org.freedesktop.ModemManager1' unit='dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service'
Feb 23 19:09:33 brotkastn dbus[1737]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Feb 23 19:09:33 brotkastn dbus[1737]: [system] Activating via systemd: service name='org.freedesktop.ModemManager1' unit='dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service'
Feb 23 19:09:33 brotkastn dbus[1737]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Feb 23 19:09:33 brotkastn kde5-nm-connection-editor[6816]: modemmanager-qt: Failed enumerating MM objects: "org.freedesktop.systemd1.LoadFailed"
                                                            "Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service failed to load: No such file or directory."
Feb 23 19:09:44 brotkastn kde5-nm-connection-editor[6816]: plasma-nm: Mobile broadband wizard finished: 6 (...)
Feb 23 19:09:49 brotkastn kde5-nm-connection-editor[6816]: plasma-nm: Adding new connection of type  "gsm"
Feb 23 19:09:49 brotkastn NetworkManager[1735]: <warn>  error requesting auth for org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.settings.modify.own: (0) Authorization check failed: invalid DBUS proxy

All that has been fixed by simple reemerging modemmanager. If you have the useflag, maybe try to enable the ModemManager service - or reemerge it. Maybe that fixes your problems to. Thanks for sharing your debug steps :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: