XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set properly
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalleRIM
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set properly Reply with quote

Hi,

I've been having this problem for about a year now. I have to edit a script to manually set XDG_RUNTIME_DIR or KDE won't start. I currently have the line
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=/var/run/user/$UID
in /usr/bin/startkde. It works and doesn't cause any other problems, but I have to re-do it every time I update Plasma. So I would like to fix the problem once and for all.
I am using systemd, Plasma 5 and sddm. I've gone through quite a few versions, so I don't think version information really matters here.
I know pam_systemd.so should the directory and set the variable and it has not always been doing this properly. But the fact that it seems to be working for some people makes me think their should be a solution. I've searched, but I couldn't find anything.

Regards,
Malte
charles17
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set properly Reply with quote

Did you check your ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs?
MalleRIM
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I was busy these days. I found the solution. XDG_RUNTIME_DIR was not set improperly, it was REset improperly. It was set to /tmp by a file in /etc/env.d. The worst thing is, it may have been me who put it there, for whatever reason. :oops: But thanks for your reply!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: