View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueFusion
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Amarok icons missing Reply with quote

I am running ~amd64 plasma-meta and kde-apps on two desktops and a laptop - all built on a single binpkg VM. On only one system the Amarok icon does not show up on the desktop widget or in the system tray. Both of those remain blank.

As a test, I created a new user and it all worked fine for that user. It also works fine on my two other systems and in the VM. I just now tried deleting .kde and .config directories and started from scratch for my user - no luck. Same issue.

What can I do to try to get this working? It's absolutely obnoxious to see (or not see) this.

Thanks.

Last edited by BlueFusion on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlueFusion
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a screenshot

Additionally, the icon shows correctly in the K-menu. It's just on the desktop and the system tray that it is missing. The system-tray icon should be where that blank space is just to the left of the clock in the taskbar. The "blank space" is still able to be manipulated (click it and Amarok window opens, right click and get Amarok controls).
BlueFusion
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed the issue by deleted the ~/.local/share/applications and ~/.cache directories.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: