View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrakashP
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STR is just "better" as long as you don't cut the power. Therefore STD is safer. I think S3 failing has to do with graphics device. Take a look into the docs and post at lkml/ ask Pavel.
jay
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m3ph wrote:
I'd just like to see pcmcia-cs compile and suspend to ram work =) anyone had luck with these two things in 2.6.1 love sources?

Well try the latest swsusp2 patches then. 2.6.1 kernels have still the old swsusp generation.
ledskof
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, this is the longest period of time that I've gotten to enjoy a single love kernel version.
It makes me wonder if there will ever be a point when I will say: "Hey, my kernel is fine. I don't need to update today, or tomorrow... or maybe for a few days" :D
m3ph
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspend to disk isn't a problem... suspend to ram is the problem, and swsup is for suspend to disk...

and what about pcmcia-cs,, anyone had luck with that?
xeonburn
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I set up the bootsplash on love-sources? I have no Bootsplash Configuration menu in Graphics Support.
Safrax
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't connect to limitlessfx.com to download the patches. Anyone else having this problem?
Jake
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrakashKC wrote:
Really, as discussed in another thread I vote for *not* taking mm as base for love-sources anymore. Late devolpment (at least for me) shows increasing instability (which is no wonder as now all those patches ignored for 2.6.0 are stuffed inside). Perhpas we should make a poll of which sources to take as base. We had "vanilla", "Robert Love", "mjb" AFAIR. Any more?

I agree that it's time for a poll. Perhaps we could wait for 2.6.2 and have -love based on vanilla for the people who want stability with all the cool love patches, and -r1 / -love1, -r2 / -love2, etc. based on -mm1, -mm2, etc. for the people who want bleeding-edge and somehow don't run into problems with it.
Neuros
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a site somewhere that holds a general repository of information regarding some sort of 'best configuration' with the options that love sources offers? A bit of 'this is how you take advantage of feature x/y/z ...' ??

Neuros.
Neuros
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake wrote:
PrakashKC wrote:
Really, as discussed in another thread I vote for *not* taking mm as base for love-sources anymore. Late devolpment (at least for me) shows increasing instability (which is no wonder as now all those patches ignored for 2.6.0 are stuffed inside). Perhpas we should make a poll of which sources to take as base. We had "vanilla", "Robert Love", "mjb" AFAIR. Any more?

I agree that it's time for a poll. Perhaps we could wait for 2.6.2 and have -love based on vanilla for the people who want stability with all the cool love patches, and -r1 / -love1, -r2 / -love2, etc. based on -mm1, -mm2, etc. for the people who want bleeding-edge and somehow don't run into problems with it.

Yes ... a poll. That ages-old bastion of democratic process: a vote. hoorah. Personally, I am favoring the work of Robert Love these days ... trying to keep up with his blog is much of my daily excitement.

Neuros.
Neuros
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safrax wrote:
I can't connect to limitlessfx.com to download the patches. Anyone else having this problem?

Yep. Definitely doesn't seem to exist. However, if you download the package that has the patch and ebuild, you can copy the patch into /usr/portage/distfiles. Works flawlessly.

Neuros.
Neuros
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xeonburn wrote:
How do I set up the bootsplash on love-sources? I have no Bootsplash Configuration menu in Graphics Support.

First, go grab the Gentoo Framebuffer, Bootsplash, and Grubsplash Howto into a browser tab. Then, the first thing you gotta do to get that bootsplash menu is enable the framebuffer. When you give it a yes, the bootsplash menu appears. Magical like Disney.

Neuros.
TheCoop
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love5 has been released you know...

"One World, One web, One program" - Microsoft Promo ad.
"Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Führer" - Adolf Hitler

Change the world - move a rock
xeonburn
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love5? where? I have love3
Ricky
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=125170 8)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: