View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zhak
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: [solved] xfce4 freezes on start Reply with quote

Hi guys, I installed xfce4, but something went wrong. most of the time it freezes as soon as desktop is shown. mouse and keyboard stop responding and the only option is power button. Sometimes it doesn't freeze, but panels take much time to load and they're not drawn properly (just black space where a panel should be and when I hover mouse over it, then buttons appear).

After installation I added power manager and xkb plugins, wicd, midori and adobe-flash.

I also had problems with starting X as a regular user (/dev/tty0 not found error), but I resolved it by changing permissions as I found somewhere on Internet:
Code:
sudo chmod g+s /usr/bin/X
sudo chmod u+s /usr/bin/X

that's pretty much it.

I don't know where to start debugging or where to look for the issue. Xorg setting default, untouched.
xf86-input-evdev and xf86-input-synaptics installed. Video card is intel, if it matters, I built xf86-video-intel with USE="dri udev uxa", mesa drivers - classic.

Last edited by zhak on Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
zhak
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it took me some time. I used 4.2.2 and then 4.2.3 kernel. After I added introspection support, I started to receive "EQ overflowing" errors. In the end resolved this by downgrading to stable 4.0.5 kernel.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: