Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mv
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveL wrote:
Bear in mind though, that trolls typically prefer it when you do most of the talking, and they simply poke from time to time for that reaction.

Finally I begin to understand why you behaved in the last weeks like an asshole, warming up long clarified arguments and provoking people with insane arguments to repeat trivialities in length (although you should know better). It seems you are seriously trying out how it is to act as a troll. In fact, I did not expect this from you, but now it all makes sense.
Quote:
Rise above it, ignore them and move on.

You are right. I will do this from now on. I already regret the time I spent with my previous explanations.
Cyker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez guys, there is no need for such bile!

Look at this video of honking swans instead! \:D/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Pc2D48u2Y
VinzC
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyker wrote:
Jeez guys, there is no need for such bile!

Look at this video of honking swans instead! \:D/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Pc2D48u2Y

:lol: This is indeed quite appropriate :thumbsup: .
steveL
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveL wrote:
Bear in mind though, that trolls typically prefer it when you do most of the talking, and they simply poke from time to time for that reaction.

mv wrote:
Finally I begin to understand why you behaved in the last weeks like an asshole, warming up long clarified arguments and provoking people with insane arguments to repeat trivialities in length (although you should know better). It seems you are seriously trying out how it is to act as a troll. In fact, I did not expect this from you, but now it all makes sense.

Man you are so full of shit, it's unbelievable. (Since you've taken it to the level of calling me an "asshole", you obviously won't mind me saying that.) The difference being, I'll explain myself, whereas you just take nasty potshots, with nothing, least of all reasoning and certainly not self-insight, to back them up; to wit:
mv wrote:
VinzC appears not even to be interested in finding a solution.

You've been trolling me on that same level during "the last weeks" as you put it, which is why I felt to express sympathy for VinzC.

Hence my comment that you have zero self-insight.
Quote:
I already regret the time I spent with my previous explanations.

Trust me, so do we.

You appear to be realising, like many geeks, that actually social status matters to you. And like many socially-inept geeks, your first stab at claiming such for yourself, is to "behave like an asshole" as you put it, to people you think you can out-talk on a technical level.

Unfortunately you're missing two major aspects. Firstly, social standing is much more about how helpful you are to others, not what nasty little potshots you can snort about.
Secondly, some of us have a lot more experience than you do, and some of us even figured this stuff out in our teenage years, because we weren't just nerds. And those with real-world experience (not just the ivory towers of academia where you no doubt rub up against undergrads and graduate males, as well as academics, full of the same pretentious shit,) know damn well that when someone obfuscates, retreats into the baroque, or simply starts trolling instead of discussing, it means they're out of their depth.

Nothing more significant than that, just the usual ineptitude passing itself off as competence, because some idiot wants to present castles in the sky designed by a nub, and if that fails they resort to "social" insults based on a complete ignorance of social courtesy.

Now it's EOD ie: I won't answer again.

Have fun flailing around some more, by all means.

It's rather amusing, but mostly quite sad given how much better your discourse used to be.
mv
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveL wrote:
Since you've taken it to the level of calling me an "asshole"

I didn't. I said you (intentionally) behave like one: I pointed out more than once that your behaviour here is completely inappropriate. Instead of making up your mind you continue to do so.
weeeeeeeeeee
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:24 am    Post subject: in the last 7 years or so... Reply with quote

the udev/systemd issue is an interesting one to watch, but

Quote:
According to that out of the "major" distros only Slack and Gentoo don't use it by default; with Slack not even having the option.

Well, in the last 7 years or so, a major change for Gentoo and Slack might be fair enough to say that they are no longer "major" distros...
mv
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: in the last 7 years or so... Reply with quote

weeeeeeeeeee wrote:
might be fair enough to say that they are no longer "major" distros...

They are certainly major distros in the sense that some other distros are inherited from them and that it is not expected that they will finish soon. (At least, this holds for gentoo; I don't know that much about slackware). It is a well-known and often discussed topic that if you count "major distro" in the number of users or installations, "size" is practically impossible to tell: Neither do you get reliable numbers, and even if you should get, it is not clear what to count: If a service computer center uses e.g. gentoo, would you count every of their users, every of their computers there with gentoo installed, only "1", etc. No matter for what you decide, there is no reliable way to get that number.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: