trying to install gnome and there are blocked packages
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cwc
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:26 am    Post subject: trying to install gnome and there are blocked packages Reply with quote

Trying to install gnome with eudev

Please throw me a bone on this one:

[ebuild N ] gnome-base/gnome-3.14.0:2.0::gentoo USE="bluetooth cdr classic cups extras -accessibility" 0 KiB
[blocks B ] sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration ("sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration" is blocking sys-fs/eudev-3.1.2)
[blocks B ] sys-apps/systemd ("sys-apps/systemd" is blocking sys-fs/eudev-3.1.2)
[blocks B ] sys-fs/eudev ("sys-fs/eudev" is blocking sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration-4, sys-apps/systemd-218-r3)
[blocks B ] sys-power/upower ("sys-power/upower" is blocking sys-power/upower-pm-utils-0.9.23-r2)

Total: 212 packages (196 new, 8 in new slots, 8 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 321,696 KiB
Conflict: 4 blocks (4 unsatisfied)
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gnome by default has systemd as a dependency, which is blocked by eudev. It is possible to hack it without systemd
https://github.com/dantrell/gentoo-project-gnome-without-systemd
but it's not a supported configuration...
cwc
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eccerr0r wrote:
Gnome by default has systemd as a dependency, which is blocked by eudev. It is possible to hack it without systemd
https://github.com/dantrell/gentoo-project-gnome-without-systemd
but it's not a supported configuration...

Hmmm. what about gnome and udev. I might have to switch to udev.
cwc
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed udev instead of eudev. Now I get the following:

blocks B ] sys-fs/udev ("sys-fs/udev" is blocking sys-apps/systemd-218-r3, sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration-4)
[blocks B ] sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration ("sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration" is blocking sys-fs/udev-216)
[blocks B ] sys-power/upower ("sys-power/upower" is blocking sys-power/upower-pm-utils-0.9.23-r2)
[blocks B ] sys-apps/systemd ("sys-apps/systemd" is blocking sys-fs/udev-216)
ct85711
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

again still the same thing, officialy Gnome is only supported with systemd. udev is part of systemd, but split away for the people that don't want to use systemd. systemd package comes with udev in it. If you really want to use Gnome without systemd, you'll have to read the documentation that eccerr0r linked for you. Just note that if you encounter an issue, you'll have to submit them to him (not eccerr0r, but the author of the documentation) as upstream will tell you; you are using a unsupported setup and won't help you.
cwc
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ct85711 wrote:
again still the same thing, officialy Gnome is only supported with systemd. udev is part of systemd, but split away for the people that don't want to use systemd. systemd package comes with udev in it. If you really want to use Gnome without systemd, you'll have to read the documentation that eccerr0r linked for you. Just note that if you encounter an issue, you'll have to submit them to him (not eccerr0r, but the author of the documentation) as upstream will tell you; you are using a unsupported setup and won't help you.

got it! I did not realize udev is part of systemd. thanks. i'm dropping udev and installing systemd
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression you were anti-systemd when you had eudev installed.

Just a word of warning: If you're using ATI FGLRX (ati-drivers) don't install Gnome. It doesn't work (out of the box, that is) :(
cwc
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eccerr0r wrote:
I was under the impression you were anti-systemd when you had eudev installed.

Just a word of warning: If you're using ATI FGLRX (ati-drivers) don't install Gnome. It doesn't work (out of the box, that is) :(

I'm and Nvidia guy :) Thanks
cwc
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: blocked packages ? Reply with quote

Please throw me a bone on this one:

Code:

[blocks B      ] sys-power/upower ("sys-power/upower" is blocking sys-power/upower-pm-utils-0.9.23-r2)

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

dev-python/pygobject:3

(dev-python/pygobject-3.14.0:3/3::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    >=dev-python/pygobject-2.90.1:3[python_targets_python2_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_3(-)?,python_targets_python3_4(-)?,-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_3(-),-python_single_target_python3_4(-)] required by (dev-python/pyatspi-2.14.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

>=dev-python/pygobject-3.0.0:3[python_targets_python2_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_3(-)?,python_targets_python3_4(-)?,-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_3(-),-python_single_target_python3_4(-)] required by (dev-libs/libpeas-1.12.1-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

>=dev-python/pygobject-3:3[cairo,python_targets_python3_3(-)?,python_targets_python3_4(-)?,-python_single_target_python3_3(-),-python_single_target_python3_4(-)] required by (app-editors/gedit-3.14.3:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

dev-python/pygobject:3[cairo,python_targets_python3_3(-)?,python_targets_python3_4(-)?,-python_single_target_jython2_5(-),-python_single_target_jython2_7(-),-python_single_target_pypy(-),-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-),python_single_target_python3_3(+)?,python_single_target_python3_4(+)?] required by (media-sound/gnome-music-3.14.3.1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

(dev-python/pygobject-3.14.0:3/3::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    dev-python/pygobject:3[python_targets_python3_3(-)?,python_targets_python3_4(-)?,python_targets_python2_7(-)?,-python_single_target_jython2_5(-),-python_single_target_jython2_7(-),-python_single_target_pypy(-),-python_single_target_pypy3(-),python_single_target_python3_3(+)?,python_single_target_python3_4(+)?,python_single_target_python2_7(+)?] required by (dev-util/catfish-1.2.2:0/0::gentoo, installed)

dev-python/pycairo:0

(dev-python/pycairo-1.10.0-r4:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    dev-python/pycairo[python_targets_python3_3(-)?,python_targets_python3_4(-)?,-python_single_target_python3_3(-),-python_single_target_python3_4(-)] required by (app-editors/gedit-3.14.3:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

>=dev-python/pycairo-1.10.0[python_targets_python2_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_3(-)?,python_targets_python3_4(-)?,-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_3(-),-python_single_target_python3_4(-)] required by (dev-python/pygobject-3.14.0:3/3::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

(dev-python/pycairo-1.10.0-r4:0/0::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    >=dev-python/pycairo-1.10.0[python_targets_python2_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_3(-)?,python_targets_python3_4(-)?,-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_3(-),-python_single_target_python3_4(-)] required by (dev-python/pygobject-3.14.0:3/3::gentoo, installed)

dev-python/dbus-python:0

(dev-python/dbus-python-1.2.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    dev-python/dbus-python[python_targets_python2_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_3(-)?,python_targets_python3_4(-)?,-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_3(-),-python_single_target_python3_4(-)] required by (dev-python/pyatspi-2.14.0:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

dev-python/dbus-python[python_targets_python3_3(-)?,python_targets_python3_4(-)?,-python_single_target_jython2_5(-),-python_single_target_jython2_7(-),-python_single_target_pypy(-),-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-),python_single_target_python3_3(+)?,python_single_target_python3_4(+)?] required by (media-sound/gnome-music-3.14.3.1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

(dev-python/dbus-python-1.2.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    >=dev-python/dbus-python-0.80[python_targets_python2_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_3(-)?,python_targets_python3_4(-)?,-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_3(-),-python_single_target_python3_4(-)] required by (dev-python/PyQt4-4.11.1:0/0::gentoo, installed)

It may be possible to solve this problem by using package.mask to
prevent one of those packages from being selected. However, it is also
possible that conflicting dependencies exist such that they are
impossible to satisfy simultaneously.  If such a conflict exists in
the dependencies of two different packages, then those packages can
not be installed simultaneously. You may want to try a larger value of
the --backtrack option, such as --backtrack=30, in order to see if
that will solve this conflict automatically.

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man
page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

* Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
 * installed at the same time on the same system.

(sys-power/upower-pm-utils-0.9.23-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    >=sys-power/upower-pm-utils-0.9.23 required by (net-im/telepathy-mission-control-5.16.3:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

(sys-power/upower-0.99.2-r1:0/3::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    >=sys-power/upower-0.99:= required by (gnome-base/gnome-settings-daemon-3.14.4:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=sys-power/upower-0.9:= required by (app-misc/tracker-1.2.6:0/100::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=sys-power/upower-0.99[introspection] required by (gnome-base/gnome-shell-3.14.4:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    sys-power/upower required by (net-misc/networkmanager-1.0.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=sys-power/upower-0.99:= required by (gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.14.5:2/2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >sys-power/upower-0.99:= required by (x11-wm/mutter-3.14.4:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    >=sys-power/upower-0.99:= required by (gnome-extra/gnome-power-manager-3.14.1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

For more information about Blocked Packages, please refer to the following
section of the Gentoo Linux x86 Handbook (architecture is irrelevant):

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:X86/Working/Portage#Blocked_packages

azzerare ~ #

eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... Not sure if nvidia-drivers has the same problem or not. I don't know of any issues, but I don't use or research nvidia-drivers (since I don't own a high end nvidia card). The OSS drivers should work with Gnome, however. My only working Gnome installs are currently Intel onboard and onchip GPU, my ATI install blew up in a big ball of smoke with the egl stuff coming in.

If you want to use systemd you should read the systemd migration guide.

Just to make sure: If you run
Code:
eselect profile list
eselect profile select (choose the one that's gnome/systemd)

This will clear up a bunch of the USE issues, at least it did so for me when I tried merging Gnome3.

For the python slot conflict, do you have PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET or any special python flags set in your make.conf? If you're not already using --newuse when emerging, try that.

For the upower issue, it looks like net-im/telepathy-mission-control requires USE=systemd to be set if you want to use it with systemd. The eselect profile should take care of this for you.
cwc
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:58 am    Post subject: How can I resolved this problems? Reply with quote

here is my make.conf section for python
# start python
USE_PYTHON="3_4"
PYTHON_TARGETS="3.4"
PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_4"
#end python

please throw me a bone on resolving this issue:

Code:

# emerge -a gnome

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy ">=gnome-base/gnome-shell-3.14.0[bluetooth?]" has unmet requirements.
- gnome-base/gnome-shell-3.14.4::gentoo USE="bluetooth i18n networkmanager (-openrc-force)" ABI_X86="64" PYTHON_TARGETS="-python2_7"

The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
    python_targets_python2_7

The above constraints are a subset of the following complete expression:
    any-of ( python_targets_python2_7 )

(dependency required by "gnome-base/gnome-3.14.0::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "gnome" [argument])

eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like python 2.7 is what Gnome-shell wants... Did you add those USE_PYTHON to make sure it doesn't install more than one python? I think it will need 2.7 as well (slotted)...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: