Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Any documentation on systemd and selinux ?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wichtounet
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Any documentation on systemd and selinux ? Reply with quote

Hello Gentoo folks :)

I started installing a new server following the Gentoo hardened information and it works well for now with SELINUX in permissive mode. However, I have a lot of denial that seems related to selinux and I don't find any information on how to work with the two together.

Here are some examples of denials I have:

Quote:
avc: denied { search } for pid=3481 comm="systemd-journal" name="4119" dev="proc" ino=10406 scontext=system_u:system_r:init_t tcontext=staff_u:sysadm_r:sysadm_sudo_t tclass=dir permissive=1
avc: denied { read } for pid=3481 comm="systemd-journal" name="cgroup" dev="proc" ino=9616 scontext=system_u:system_r:init_t tcontext=staff_u:sysadm_r:sysadm_sudo_t tclass=file permissive=1
avc: denied { open } for pid=3481 comm="systemd-journal" path="/proc/4119/cgroup" dev="proc" ino=9616 scontext=system_u:system_r:init_t tcontext=staff_u:sysadm_r:sysadm_sudo_t tclass=file permissive=1
avc: denied { getattr } for pid=3481 comm="systemd-journal" path="/proc/4119/cgroup" dev="proc" ino=9616 scontext=system_u:system_r:init_t tcontext=staff_u:sysadm_r:sysadm_sudo_t tclass=file permissive=1
avc: denied { read } for pid=3481 comm="systemd-journal" name="exe" dev="proc" ino=9618 scontext=system_u:system_r:init_t tcontext=staff_u:sysadm_r:sysadm_sudo_t tclass=lnk_file permissive=1
avc: denied { write } for pid=4119 comm="sudo" path="/run/systemd/sessions/2.ref" dev="tmpfs" ino=9130 scontext=staff_u:sysadm_r:sysadm_sudo_t tcontext=system_u:object_r:init_var_run_t tclass=fifo_file permissive=1
avc: denied { sendto } for pid=4046 comm="systemd-network" path="/run/systemd/notify" scontext=system_u:system_r:init_t tcontext=system_u:system_r:init_t tclass=unix_dgram_socket permissive=1

Have I missed something in the installation ?

Another question with this kind of denial:

Quote:
avc: denied { use } for pid=4119 comm="sudo" path="/dev/pts/0" dev="devpts" ino=3 scontext=staff_u:sysadm_r:sysadm_sudo_t tcontext=system_u:system_r:init_t tclass=fd permissive=1

I have read that it is necessary to put tmpfs/devpts and other non-physical file systems in fstab for selinux, but in my case, it is systemd that is mounting them. What do I have to do to fix this ?

This is my first functional selinux system, so maybe there is something trivial that I forgot, don't hesitate to point me out to docs.

Thanks a lot :)
gienah
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like you could join the effort to create a selinux systemd policy, the repo
is linked from the email thread linked from comment 1 of the tracker:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=528674

Or the other alternative, since it appears that the selinux systemd policy is not ready yet:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=508390#c5

is to switch to OpenRC.
wichtounet
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gienah wrote:
If you like you could join the effort to create a selinux systemd policy, the repo
is linked from the email thread linked from comment 1 of the tracker:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=528674

Or the other alternative, since it appears that the selinux systemd policy is not ready yet:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=508390#c5

is to switch to OpenRC.

Thanks for your answer. I assumed that systemd policy would be complete since so many people are using it now, but it seems I was too optimistic :oops:

It is my first system every with selinux, I'm probably not a good candidate to help with creating the policy. OpenRC is not an option on this server. I'm gonna try seeing what I can do with audit2allow for starter.

Thanks
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: