Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
So much Games coming to linux through gog and steamos....
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisJumper
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: So much Games coming to linux through gog and steamos.... Reply with quote

Its nice to see that so much games coming to Linux. I hope for a native client of the witcher 3, and a linux client of UT4 later this year.

GoG.com has released a native Version of the witcher 2. Not sure if this is native or with a wine layer. The last time i checked this game wine had a poor performance for this game.

I know that steam also offer borderlands.. what are your favorite new an hot proprietary games out there? Just for the case i missed something out there.
Mik88
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - you're right, i like it too :)
Myu
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see Shadow of Mordor coming as well ?

There's the X3 series and X:Rebirth available too.

I've played a bit of Witcher 2 on Gentoo, it works on yet another abstraction layer (eOn Wrapper or something) but my framerates were very decent.
ChrisJumper
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Myu, i missed Shadow of Mordor. But play this game on ps4 by a friend.

X:Rebirth looks nice since i got X3 (or two?) with the abandoned LGP Version.

I am really glad to say "When i was young, playing a game with Linux was a challenge." :)

Since gentoo have new multilib options i'll wait some time to play the witcher 2. But another game thats worth one or more eyes is "Pillars of Eternity". And i played "White Night" on ps4, its available on steam for linux too. Oh and i forgot: Cities: Skylines.
Yamakuzure
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Steam I'd like a native Origin client for linux. And native linux versions of the Mass Effect trilogy ;) (won't happen, I know...).
ME1 works well using wine, but for ME2 and 3 I have to boot into Win7.
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

It certainly feels nice these days, with the amount of games appearing to the Linux library, as well as games released for Linux on day one!

I only hope it keeps going like this.

Yamakuzure wrote:
After Steam I'd like a native Origin client for linux. And native linux versions of the Mass Effect trilogy ;) (won't happen, I know...).
ME1 works well using wine, but for ME2 and 3 I have to boot into Win7.

Ugh, Origin... I wish they didn't do crud like that, but at least it's not Games for Windows - Live! Still, me no like. Staying away for as long as I can.

Anyblue, I'm curious. Are you saying Mass Effect 2 and 3 are not working for you with Wine? According to the AppDB, they can pull even Platinum ratings, meaning 'works out-of-the-box'. Some even dare to say at least number 2 runs better than on Windows for them!
Yamakuzure
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

Chiitoo wrote:
Anyblue, I'm curious. Are you saying Mass Effect 2 and 3 are not working for you with Wine? According to the AppDB, they can pull even Platinum ratings, meaning 'works out-of-the-box'. Some even dare to say at least number 2 runs better than on Windows for them!
At least ME3 needs origin to run. However, I haven't tried them using wine. But if I look at the performance of ME1 on my laptop, I doubt I could get it run decently with wine. The problem is, that my discrete graphics card is an nvidia quadro. While the windows drivers allow me to play ME3 with full details and anisotropic filtering, the linux version of the nvidia drivers are not that optimized for Quadro cards I guess.
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see.

I'd definitely try it out, if I could. ^^
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: