Activating another window disables fullscreen for flash
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venustomars
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Activating another window disables fullscreen for flash Reply with quote

This is a problem I've had for as long as I can remember but I decided to seek some help because it's becoming progressively more annoying.

If I fullscreen a flash video from either firefox or chrome, and then click somewhere on a window in the second screen or alt+tab the flash video becomes unfullscreen'd. If I click on some "deadspace" on the desktop it stays fullscreened. This is independent of the site I'm using (youtube, gomtv.net, twitch.tv, nhl.com, etc.) or the browser. This is super annoying when I'm trying to do some work and stream something in the background. Playing a fullscreen video via mplayer or vlc does not exhibit this problem.

If it matters, my WM is fluxbox, I'm using www-plugins/adobe-flash-11.2.202.280 and x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-319.17 and using a regular monitor and my television via HDMI, set up as "separate X screens" via nvidia-settings, but the problem persists when I use twinview, and I think I tried xinerama a long time ago to no avail as well. I have no idea if this is even a dual screen problem, but if I'm only using one screen and playing a fullscreen video I obviously have no need to use another window or alt+tab around.
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here with firefox and fvwm. This look like to be implemented into the browser, because it append even if I use a direct link to the stream.

Also, it doesn't append if I bring a fvwm button on the top layer, but it append if I pop up a menu at the top. And yes, this is very annoying.
Dominique_71
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the solution, thanks to google. In about:config, set "full-screen-api.exit-on-deactivate" to false. This is more from than year they are aware of this: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=724554
njsg
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That setting does not seem to work anymore, so far I'm able to get a fullscreen flash that does not get out of fullscreen if I use Google Chrome, but Firefox still has the same issue with proprietary flash.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: