Updated Sparc32 minmal install cd and stages
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cb88
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:22 am    Post subject: Updated Sparc32 minmal install cd and stages Reply with quote

http://www.gh0stwriter.net/gentoo/

Updated sparc32 iso and stages get em while they're hot! (warning not well tested yet :D may explode etc...) also use my portage "sparchacks" snapshot unless you know what you are doing.... I intend to merge the changes back into mainline portage as interest and time allows.

The packages are all at the latest stable version except for gcc 4.5.4 and binutils 2.21.1 which were required to build Linux 2.6.32-r41 which should run mostly stable on SMP. TCX and CG6 drivers are builtin into the iso kernel let me know if you need something else I am sure I will be building a kernel that includes sparcbook drivers soon also.

Hopefully someone finds these useful.. I intend to keep updating them and hopefully reporting bugs for the changes needed to make it work with mainline portage (mostly simple fixes).

Also another thing to note is that these stages and iso currently still use udev-208 (udev-212+ is broken on sparc32).. however I may just drop it and stick with mdev for simplicity and lightweightness.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: