View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aonoa
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Terminology transparency Reply with quote

Hello,

I have enabled the "Translucent" option in Terminology's video settings, but it is entirely see-through with no degree of opacity control. I would very much like to know if anyone has figured out a way to change it's opacity?

Thank you.

Last edited by Aonoa on Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Aonoa
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why, but after rebuilding my world and all of E along with it, suddenly Terminology has a more suitable opacity. Much better than the full translucency it had before. Picture previews and the menu are no longer translucent either, which is good. I just wish I knew what caused this.

Hopefully there will be a setting to control opacity eventually.

UPDATE: The engine used with Elementary is what actually caused the difference. When the rendering engine for Elementary is set to OpenGL, Terminology will be completely transparent, but when it is set to Software rendering it will use some unknown % opacity giving it better usability. Until there is an actual control mechanism in place to set the level of opacity, using software rendering with Elementary is the better way for now, in my opinion.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: