Samba doesn't work with wifi
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
piero.turra
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Samba doesn't work with wifi Reply with quote

Hello, I have a file server with a wired network card and a wireless one. When I start only the wireless connection the samba server stops working and is no more possible to restart or stop the daemon:

This is the output trying to restart the daemon:

Code:
Orcrist ~ # /etc/init.d/samba restart
 * samba -> stop: smbd ...                                                [ ok ]
 * samba -> stop: nmbd ...
 * start-stop-daemon: 1 process refused to stop                           [ !! ]
 * samba -> start: smbd ...
* samba: caught SIGINT, abortingstart-stop-daemon: caught SIGINT, aborting
                                                                          [ !! ]
 * samba -> start: nmbd ...
 * start-stop-daemon: /usr/sbin/nmbd is already running                   [ !! ]
 * Error: starting services (see system logs)
 * samba -> stop: smbd ...                                                [ ok ]
 * samba -> stop: nmbd ...
 * start-stop-daemon: 1 process refused to stop               [ !! ]

This is the nmbd.log file:

Code:
[2014/03/17 20:25:27,  0] nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:351(find_domain_master_name_query_fail)
  find_domain_master_name_query_fail:
  Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name PTNET<1b> for the workgroup PTNET.
  Unable to sync browse lists in this workgroup.

This issue can be connected to the samba daemon dependencies, infact if I try to start the computer without the wired connection on the default rc, samba doesn't start.
gerdesj
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Samba doesn't work with wifi Reply with quote

piero.turra wrote:

This issue can be connected to the samba daemon dependencies, infact if I try to start the computer without the wired connection on the default rc, samba doesn't start.

Have a look in /etc/rc.conf change this: #rc_depend_strict="YES" to rc_depend_strict="NO". You can make it more fine grained just for net, read the comments in there.
piero.turra
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already set to rc_depend_strict="NO", and during the boot phase everything seem to work correctly.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: