View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MichaelM
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: Fresh Gnome 3.10 install - several (PAM related?) problems Reply with quote

I treated my computer to a fresh Gentoo install. I'm using the Gnome/systemd profile and everything besides Gnome works. I tried tackling the errors one by one and upgraded several packages in the process ("maybe the problem is fixed in the new version") so now i have the following packages installed:
Code:
[ebuild   R    ] sys-apps/systemd-208-r2:0/1  USE="acl cryptsetup filecaps firmware-loader gudev introspection kmod pam policykit tcpd xattr -audit -doc -gcrypt -http -lzma -python -qrcode (-selinux) {-test} -vanilla" ABI_X86="(64) (-32) (-x32)"  PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ~] gnome-base/gnome-3.10.0:2.0  USE="cdr classic cups -accessibility -bluetooth -extras" 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ~] gnome-base/gdm-3.10.0.1  USE="branding introspection ipv6 systemd tcpd -accessibility -audit -debug -fprint -plymouth (-selinux) -smartcard {-test} -xinerama" 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ~] gnome-base/gnome-keyring-3.10.1  USE="caps filecaps pam -debug (-selinux) {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild   R    ] sys-auth/pambase-20120417-r3  USE="cracklib gnome-keyring sha512 systemd (-consolekit) -debug -minimal -mktemp -pam_krb5 -pam_ssh -passwdqc (-selinux)" 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ~] sys-libs/pam-1.1.8  USE="berkdb cracklib nls vim-syntax -audit -debug -nis (-selinux) {-test}" 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ~] sys-apps/dbus-1.8.0  USE="X systemd -debug -doc (-selinux) -static-libs {-test}" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" 0 kB

I tried some modifications to the PAM files in /etc/pam.d i found on the Google but none of them solved my problems so I'm back to the original files provided by the packages.

[1]Starting gdm produces the following log message:
    Code:
    gdm-launch-environment][710]: pam_systemd(gdm-launch-environment:session): Unknown parameter 'kill-session-processes=1', ignoring

When I log in and out again and check loginctl in the terminal the user session still exists and ps shows running processes for that user. Everytime I log in again a new session is created + an error message that pulseaudio is already running.
    Also restarting gdm creates a new session for gdm and sometimes but not always kills the leftover user sessions. Neither upgrading GDM nor PAM helped. Any sugestions?

[2] I'm not sure if this is related but i found so word "session" in the log message so it might be :-)
    Code:
    org.a11y.Bus[719]: Activating service name='org.a11y.atspi.Registry'
    org.a11y.Bus[719]: Successfully activated service 'org.a11y.atspi.Registry'
    org.a11y.atspi.Registry[726]: ** (at-spi2-registryd:729): WARNING **: Failed to register client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files
    org.a11y.atspi.Registry[726]: ** (at-spi2-registryd:729): WARNING **: Unable to register client with session manager

[3]After logging in I get the warning from 2) again (different PID) and the following errors:
    Code:
    gnome-keyring-daemon[952]: Gck: gck_module_new: assertion 'funcs != NULL' failed
    gnome-keyring-daemon[952]: module_instances: assertion 'module' failed
    gnome-keyring-daemon[952]: egg_error_message: assertion 'error' failed
    gnome-keyring-daemon[952]: couldn't find secret store module: (unknown)
    gnome-keyring-daemon[952]: lookup_login_keyring: assertion 'GCK_IS_SESSION (session)' failed
    gnome-keyring-daemon[952]: create_credential: assertion 'GCK_IS_SESSION (session)' failed
    gnome-keyring-daemon[952]: egg_error_message: assertion 'error' failed
    gnome-keyring-daemon[952]: couldn't create login credential: (unknown)
    gdm-password][943]: gkr-pam: the password for the login keyring was invalid.

When i check with Seahorse the keyring is obviously unlocked :-)

I could "solve" these problems by not reading the systemlog, But one of the reasons I installed Gentoo was that I want to learn more about what my computer is doing. I hope someone has some tips or can point me in the right direction. Please let me know if you need more infos / logs / emerge info / etc.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: