Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
how to make rpc.idmapd service run on systemd?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hokiau
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:06 am    Post subject: how to make rpc.idmapd service run on systemd? Reply with quote

I upgraded my system to gnome 3.8, in the process of which I changed the system to boot with systemd instead of openrc. After that, I was not able to get some of the previously running daemons (or services in systemd terms) to run on systemd.

More specifically, I could not make slapd (openldap), rpc.idmapd (part of nfs-utils), nagios to run. Could someone give me some advice on how to make those, especially rpc.idmapd to run on systemd? I used to run rpc.idmapd run on openrc in order to share a file system over nfs. Now I cannot mount on other ubuntu systems some file systems I used to be able to share from a gentoo system.

there does not seem to be any rpc.idmapd.service file.
hokiau
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to get ubuntu nfs clients to mount nfs fs by starting rpc-statd and rpc-mountd on the server.

I cannot start slapd (openldap) and nagios.
hokiau
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it out for slapd. After switching to systemd, emerge again openldap. It will produce a .service file for slapd. For some reason, the default USE flags for openldap after switching to systemd has minimal turned on. It might not generate some files that you might need. Turn it back on if you discover some files are missing.

nagios ebuild does not generate a .service file, but it's relatively simple to create one.

I'm okay now with all the services I need running on systemd.
desultory
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hokiau wrote:
For some reason, the default USE flags for openldap after switching to systemd has minimal turned on.
Apparently, you switched from a profile that did not inherit the desktop profile target to one that did. This being one of the circumstances where "minimal" is somewhat suboptimal as a choice of flag name, given what it actually controls.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: