View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arny
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:29 am    Post subject: Gnome 3.8 - Corrupt display with Radeon HD 6950 Reply with quote

As noted in the title, I'm experiencing an issue where the display appears to be corrupted when GDM loads. Sometimes there are a few random blocks of pixels that aren't quite right, other times the whole screen is corrupted with different colour blocks but eventually the system resolves to the GDM login screen. However every time I try and login the whole screen becomes a seemingly random set of colour blocks.

Emerge and revdep-rebuild are telling me that I don't have any outstanding updates, so I'm running the current versions of Gnome and all dependencies. The OS itself is a new installation I setup last week which was working perfectly when I last tried using it a few days ago. The only thing I remember changing configuration-wise during my last session was setting up the sound card, although I'm 99% sure I had a successful reboot and login after doing that.

The only error message I can see via journalctl which may be relevant is:

Code:
Unrecoverable failure in required component gnome-shell.desktop

However I haven't found any solutions for this problem which have made a difference, so I'm at a loss at this point and hoping for some suggestions. I'm more than happy to provide any additional information, I'm just not sure where to start.

Thanks in advance.
Arny
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick update to say that I haven't made any progress with this and would really appreciate any suggestions.
pacho2
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This problems are usually caused by 3D issues, we would need to know what driver are you using, your Xorg.0.log and Xorg.0.log.old files, your xorg.conf and xorg.conf.d files... :/
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: